GO.29 Financial Assistance to Beedi Workers, G.O.MS.No.29; Dated:11-03-2015: Government of Telangana State – RD – Social Security Pensions – Aasara Pensions – Social Safety Net Strategy – Financial Assistance to Beedi Workers under Aasara Scheme in the State – Orders – Issued.
- G.O.Ms.No.17, PR&RD (RD.I) Dept., dated 05.11.2014 read with G.O.Ms.No.23, PR&RD (RD.I) Dept., dated 25.11.2014.
- Govt. Memo.No.724, PR&RD (RD) Dept., dated:16.02.2015.
Government of Telangana have issued orders vide reference 1st read above, introducing a new Aasara Pension Scheme to Old and Infirm; people with HIV- AIDS, Widows, incapacitated weavers, toddy tappers and disabled persons in order to support their day to day minimum needs required to lead a life of dignity and social security.
During the review of the implementation of the scheme, it has been brought to the notice of the Government that the Beedi workers in the state belonging to poor households are depending on Beedi making work as livelihood and thus becoming vulnerable to health hazards.
The State Government as a policy intends to provide financial assistance to the Beedi Workers who lead a strenuous life and are poorly paid. Accordingly, Government have issued instructions to the District Collectors in the reference 2nd read above.
Government after careful consideration of the poor and distressed conditions of the Beedi workers of poor households hereby approve a scheme of monthly Financial Assistance eligible Beedi Workers of poor households as a special category under the Aasara Scheme.
Eligibility Criteria for Financial Assistance to Beedi Workers
The following are the eligibility criteria for Financial Assistance to Beedi Workers. GO.29 Financial Assistance to Beedi Workers
As per the Beedi workers welfare Fund Act, 1976 (Act No. 62) of 1976, the Beedi worker is a person who is given raw materials by a contractor for being made into beedis at home. Those poor Beedi workers started the beedi rolling by taking raw material from contractor before 28th February, 2014 shall be eligible.
- Beedi workers shall be 18 years above.
- Beedi worker shall belong to a poor household as per the socio-economic criteria laid down in the ref. 1st read above.
- The beneficiary should have been recorded as a Beedi worker under the Samagra Kutumba Survey 2014.
- Only one person per one household shall be sanctioned with financial assistance under Aasara Scheme under Beedi Worker category regardless of the number of beedi workers in the household/ family.
- Beedi worker herself /himself or any of the family members shall not be in receipt of an Aasara Pension under Old Age/ Widow/Handicapped/Weaver /Toddy Tapper category.
- Beedi workers herself/himself or any of the family members covered under EPF pension for Beedi workers shall not be eligible for sanction of financial assistance to Beedi workers.
Eligible Beedi workers shall be granted financial assistance of Rs.1000/- per month per household.
The District Collectors shall secure the list of Beedi workers registered under Samagra Kutumba Survey data to compare and verify the House hold if they are in receipt of an Aasara Pension or an EPF Pension for Beedi workers as it would rendered them ineligible.
The Chief Executive Officer, SERP shall ensure that the list of Beedi workers as registered under the Samagra Kutumba Survey 2014 are populated on the pension server and online verified with Aasara pension database to enable Collectors to finally compare with the EPF list of Beedi worker pensioners secured from the Asst. Commissioner of Labour & Factories a purified list of beneficiaries to be verified finally MPDO’s and verification Officers are requested to verify each and every Household to ascertain if they are Beedi workers and eligible.
All eligible beneficiaries shall be upload into the Aasara Pension database at http://serp.telangana.gov.in// for release of financial assistance effective from March 1st 2015.
This order issues with concurrence of the Finance Department vide their UO Note No.192/PFS/2015, Dated:27.02.2015.