TS Aasara Pension Amount or Telangana Aasara Pension Amount under Social Security Pension Scheme and check Social Security Pension amount details from here. Telangana Aasara Social Security Pension Scheme Comprehensive Guidelines: Telangana Government issued orders for increase in amount in Social Security Pensions (Aasara Pensions) from the month of June 2019.
The pension amount of Rs. 1,000 for Old Age, Widow, Weavers, Toddy Tappers, Persons with HIV-AIDS, Beedi Workers, Single Women and Filaria Patients will be increased to Rs. 2,016 while the pension for Disabled will be enhanced from present Rs. 1,500 to Rs. 3,016 with effected from June and payable in July, as per the GO Ms No 34 issued by Panchayat Raj and Rural Development issued on May 28, 2019.
Aasara Pension Doubled: The long wait for the nearly 40 lakh pensioners to get the hiked pension is coming to an end. The Telangana state government announced that the revised pensions will be implemented from July 1. The benefit will be extended to all pensioners in nine categories.
The total number of old-age pensioners in Telangana is 13.15 lakh,
disabled (4.9 lakh),
widows (14.43 lakh),
toddy tappers (63,000),
HIV patients (28,500),
filarial patients (14,140),
beedi workers (4.09 lakh) and
1.32 lakh single women would avail the benefit.
The pension amount of all the beneficiaries has been increased to Rs 2,016 as against Rs 1,000 per month. The benefit to be extended to the disabled will be Rs 3,016 from the present Rs 1,500, officials said that the total burden on the state exchequer will be doubled from Rs 5,000 crore after the enhancement of pension amount from 2019-2020 financial year.
State Finance department has made necessary arrangements to disburse the pension benefit to all the identified on the first day of every month. The Society for Elimination of Rural Poverty (SERP), the nodal agency of the state Rural Development department, will enforce the social security pension scheme which is called as Aasara pensions. Enrolments will also be taken up soon to identify new beneficiaries in every village. G.O.Ms.No. 34, Dated: 28-05-2019
Social Security Pensions – Aasara Pensions – Social Safety Net Strategy – Enhancement of financial assistance under Aasara Scheme for the persons who are Old & infirm, Widows, Differently Abled, Weavers, Toddy Tappers, HIV-AIDS patients, Beedi Workers, Single Women and Filaria Patients – Orders – Issued.
Government have issued orders on Social Security Pensions (Aasara Pensions) wherein detailed comprehensive guidelines for Aasara Pensions and eligibility criteria for sanction of the pension in supersession of all orders issued in the past on the subject w.e.f., 01-10-2014.
In para 4 (II) of the said G.O., Government have fixed the pension to the Old Age persons, Widows, Weavers, Toddy Tappers, Persons with HIV-AIDS @ Rs.1000/- and Disabled persons @ Rs.1500/- per month. In the references 2nd to 5th read above, Government have issued orders by sanctioning financial assistance under Aasara Scheme to the Beedi Workers, Beedi workers non SKS (Samagra Kutumba Survey) P.F. Category, Single Women and Filariasis affected persons @ Rs.1000/- per month.
Telangana Aasara Pension Scheme Amount (New Pension) : Government after careful examination of the matter hereby enhance the quantum of pension to the existing eligible pensioners and covered under various categories under Aasara Scheme with effect from June, 2019 payable in July, 2019 as follows. The operational guidelines except quantum of pension issued in the earlier G.Os. 1st to 5th read above shall be in force. Telangana Aasara Pension Scheme Details
I. Name of the Programme: The new social safety net scheme proposed by the government shall be called Aasara Pension Scheme and shall be effective from October 1, 2014 and Enhanced monthly Pension (New Pension) under Aasara Scheme w.e.f. June, 2019
II. Pension Amount: Government hereby fix the pension amount per month for the following categories of pensioners as detailed below: Category and Monthly Pension Amount (Rs.)
Existing monthly Pension(Old Pension) and Enhanced monthly Pension(New Pension) under Aasara Scheme w.e.f. June, 2019 and Enhanced monthly Pension payable in July, 2019 (Rs.)
1. Old Age : Existing monthly Pension: 1000/- | Enhanced monthly Pension: 2016/-
2. Widow: Existing monthly Pension: 1000/- | Enhanced monthly Pension: 2016/-
3. Disabled Existing monthly Pension: 1500/- | Enhanced monthly Pension: 3016/-
4. Weavers Existing monthly Pension: 1000/- | Enhanced monthly Pension: 2016/-
5. Toddy Tappers Existing monthly Pension: 1000/- | Enhanced monthly Pension: 2016/-
6. Persons with HIV – AIDS Existing monthly Pension: 1000/- | Enhanced monthly Pension: 2016/-
7. Beedi Workers Existing monthly Pension: 1000/- | Enhanced monthly Pension: 2016/-
8. Single Women Existing monthly Pension: 1000/- | Enhanced monthly Pension: 2016/-
9. Filaria Patients Existing monthly Pension: 1000/- | Enhanced monthly Pension: 2016/- III.
A. Age: Type of Pension: Old Age.
- Eligibility: 65 years age and above.
- Eligibility Requirements during Verification:Age should be as per age criteria given above.
- Should be established clearly by documentary evidence such as birth certificate, electoral roll, Aadhaar card or any document which shows the proof of age.
- If no document is available for the proof of age, the verification officer must be able to arrive through a rational assessment of the age by corroborating with other factors such as age of children, grandchildren’s marriage etc.
- In case of indeterminate persons, they shall be referred to Medical Board for assessment of age through tests such as ossification and recorded documentation of the same.
2. Type of Pension: Weavers. Eligibility: Age 50 years and above.
3. Type of Pension: Widow. Eligibility: 1. Age 18 years and above.
2. Death certificate of her husband.
3. Every year updation on remarriage for young widows (up to 45 Years)
Eligibility Requirements during Verification:
- For widow pensions, the death certificate of the spouse is a must to be eligible.
- Where the death certificateis not available a local enquiry may be made following which the death certificate as per the birth and death registration act will have to be obtained in the next three months. In case of remarriage, the Village Secretaries must certify every year that the individual has not remarried.
4. Type of Pension: Toddy Tappers Eligibility: Age 50 years and above. Eligibility Requirements during Verification: For Toddy tapper pensions the verification should be confirmed whether the beneficiary is a registered member in the Co-Operative Society of Toddy Tappers.
5. Type of Pension: Pension to persons with HIVAIDS (ART pension) Eligibility: Who are undergoing Anti Retroviral Therapy (ART). Eligibility Requirements during Verification: Medical certificate from the concerned hospital that the applicant is a person with HIV AIDS. List of names can also be obtained from the ART Centre duly certified by the authority heading the center
6. Type of Pension: Differently Abled (persons with disabilities): Eligibility: 1. Irrespective of age.
2. Disabled persons having a minimum of 40% disability under SADAREM assessment.
3. In case of Hearing Impaired, the minimum disability should be 51% (as per G.O.Ms No. 31 dt. 01-12-2009). (In case of a minor child, the pension shall be disbursed to the mother/father of the disabled child)
Eligibility Requirements during Verification:
- For disability pensions, persons with a SADAREM certificate showing the degree of disability 40% and above are eligible.
- In case of Hearing impaired, the minimum disability should be 51%.
B. Socio – economic criteria: Aasara pensions are meant only for disadvantaged families who, in old age or upon being widowed have no earning member in the family. Earning members in the families are expected by law to look after their parents. Similarly, persons with disabilities are severely stymied by their levels of handicap that renders them to be ineffective and excluded by society and family; therefore, they need financial support. Accordingly, there is a need for exclusion and inclusion criterion to be taken in to consideration for the grant of social security pensions under the Aasara Scheme. The persons belonging to the households fulfilling one or more of the following conditions listed below shall not be eligible for Social Security Pensions:
- i. Having land more than 3.0 acres wet / irrigated dry or 7.5 acres dry.
- ii. Having children who are Government / Public sector / Private sector employment / Out-sourced / contract;
- iii. Having children who are Doctors, Contractors, Professionals and Self employed;
- iv. Having large business Enterprise (oil mills, rice mills, petrol pumps, rig owners, shop owners etc.);
- v. Already receiving Government pensions or freedom fighter pensions;
- vi. Owners of light and/or heavy automobiles (four wheelers and big vehicles.)
- vii. Any other criterion in which the verification officer may assess by the manner of lifestyle, occupation and possession of assets rendering the household as ineligible.
C. Eligible for a pension: The households under the following socio-economic criteria and falling in the above age group must be considered for inclusion and hence, eligible for a pension, provided they are not in the exclusion list:
- i. Primitive and Vulnerable Tribal Groups;
- ii. Women headed households with no able bodied earning members;
- iii. Households having persons with disabilities;
- iv. In respect of all pensions except disabled and widows, only one member (preferably the women) per household shall be eligible for a pension;
- v. Landless agriculture laborers, rural artisans/craftsmen (such as potters, tanners, weavers, blacksmiths, carpenters), slum dwellers, persons earning their livelihood on daily basis in the informal sector like porters, coolies, rickshaw pullers, hand cart pullers, fruit / flower sellers, snake charmers, rag pickers, cobblers, destitute’s and other similar categories irrespective of rural or urban areas;
- vi. Homeless, houseless households residing in temporary informal establishments or huts especially in urban areas;
- vii. Households headed by widows or terminally ill persons/disabled persons /persons aged 65 years or more with no assured means of subsistence or societal support and able bodied earning member.
Care should be taken not to miss out on any eligible person from the poorest of poor households like those who are living in thatched / plastic roof huts, landless and asset less poor living on daily wages and subsistence levels. Telangana Aasara Pension Scheme Amount and Eligibility Criteria GO.34