GoI SWANATH Scholarship 2021 for College Students who Lost Parents to Covid-19 and apply online at scholarships.gov.in. The All India Council for Technical Education has announced an AICTE SWANATH scholarship 2021 to provide financial assistance to kids who lost their parents due to Covid-19 and the wards of armed forces as well as central paramilitary forces martyred.
The eligible students of degree, diploma courses will be granted Rs 50,000 annually for a maximum of four years to pay their college fee, or purchase course materials such as computers, books, equipment etc.
As many as 2000 AICTE scholarships will be offered out of which 1000 Swanath scholarships are available for Technical degree students and 1000 Swanath Scholarships for Technical diploma students.
|Name of the Scholarship||Swanath Scholarship Scheme 2021|
|Title||GOI Swanath Scholarship Scheme 2021 by AICTE for Degree, Diploma Courses & Technical Education|
|Full-Form||AICTE Swanath Scholarship Scheme for Students|
|Scheme Closing Date||30-11-2021|
The SWANATH Scholarship Scheme is being implemented by AICTE to provide encouragement and support to orphans, wards of parents died due to Covid-19, wards of Armed Forces and Central Paramilitary Forces martyred in action (Shaheed) to pursue education. This is an attempt to give every such child, an opportunity to study further and prepare for a successful future through education in AICTE Approved institutions and courses.
Who All Can Apply for the AICTE SWANATH Scholarship 2021?
- Orphans, students who lost their parents during the Covid-19 pandemic, wards of Armed Forces and Central Paramilitary Forces martyred in action can apply.
- The annual family income of the applicants must not exceed Rs 8 lakhs.
- Students must not be receiving financial support through any other means.
- The candidates should be currently studying in the AICTE approved institutions at degree or Diploma level in regular mode.
Procedure to Apply for the AICTE SWANATH Scholarship 2021
The candidate fulfilling the above-mentioned eligibility criteria will have to apply online on National Scholarship Portal (NSP) on or before November 30. The applications will be then verified by the institution where the candidate is studying and the Department of Education (DTE) of the respective State/ UT. The students will be required to submit the needed documents issued by the competent authority during the submission of the application.
Documents Needed to Apply /List of essential documents
- Death certificate of father and mother explicitly mentioning that the death was due to Covid-19 or orphan certificate issued by SDM or Tehsildar.
- Bonafide certificate issued by the respective institution.
- Class 10 and 12 mark sheet
- Category certificate if required.
- Shaheed certificate issued by the armed forces or central paramilitary forces.
- Annual family income certificate
Selection Process For AICTE SWANATH Scholarship 2021
The selection of candidates will be done solely on the basis of merit of qualifying examination which is class 12 marks for a degree course and class 10 marks for a Diploma course.