Steps to Apply for IGNOU Open University Admissions 2022 for Degree, PG and Other Courses. The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has announced the last date for fresh admissions at the varsity. As per the official notice, admission applications to all of its Master, Bachelor, Diploma and Certificate courses can be submitted till deadline.
The Indira Gandhi National Open University, IGNOU re-registration has been started for January 2021 cycle or July 2021. Candidates who want to apply for the admission to IGNOU can visit the official website at ignou.samarth.edu.in to complete the registration process.
IGNOU admissions 2022: The Indira Gandhi National Open University, IGNOU has commenced the online re-registration process for the January session. The application process has started on 12-06-2021, and the candidates who want to apply can do so through the official website- ignou.samarth.edu.in.
“For the convenience of the learners, the old link for re-registration -onlinerr.ignou.ac.in has been mapped with the above link. The learners are advised to read the instructions available on the portal carefully before submitting,” IGNOU mentioned.
According to IGNOU, the re-registration process is applicable only to students enrolled in undergraduate/ postgraduate / semester-based programmes of two-three year duration. The candidates can register for the next year/ semester of the programme irrespective of whether they have appeared in the term-end exam of the previous semester, as per the institute.
How to apply for IGNOU Admissions 2022:
- Step 1: Visit the official website, ignou.ac.in
- Step 2: Click on admission
- Step 3: Register using credential
- Step 4: Fill form, make payment
Once the admission form is submitted online, the students can track the progress of their admission. A message is sent on the mobile number and email ID registered with the system once admission is confirmed.
The re-registration for MP, MPB and MCA will be opened soon. The candidates can visit the website- ignou.ac.in for further details.
Programmes to be offered: MA: Philosophy, Gandhi and Peace Studies, Development Studies, Anthropology, Gender and Development Studies and Psychology among others.
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Master of Social Work (Counselling)
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- M.Sc (Dietetics and Food Services Management)
- MA (Translation Studies), and M.Sc (Counselling and Family Therapy)
- BA (Tourism Studies)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Library and Information Science (BLIS)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
The university is also offering some BCom and MCom programmes in collaboration with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Institute of Company Secretaries of India and Institute of Cost Accountants of India, it said in a statement.
Steps to Apply for IGNOU Open University Admissions 2022:
- Log on to the official website, online admission.ignou.ac.in/online
- Click on the relevant link
- Enter the required details
- Click to submit
- Download the application form and take a print out it for future reference
Note: Further, the last date for fresh admissions for all Master, Bachelor, Diploma, Certificate in Korean Language and Culture, Certificate in Japanese Language and Post Graduate Certificate in Acupuncture programmes is 31-10-2021.
Instruction to Fill Application Form Online: If you are a first-time applicant you are advised to click the available programme tab on the homepage of the Online Admission System and select the desired programme and carefully read the details of the programme including eligibility criteria, fee details, duration, etc.
You are also requested to download the Common Prospectus and read carefully the Rules of the University (Section 06) as mentioned in the common prospectus. You may also read section 1, 7, 8, 9, 12 and 13. Click on the button “REGISTER YOURSELF” that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Remember, while choosing your UserName it must be in between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters long.
- After filling the mandatory information click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- Remember your Username and Password for subsequent login.
- If you have already registered i.e you are an existing user click the “LOGIN” button.
Before proceeding for filling the form online the applicant must have the following:
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned copy of Age Proof
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 400 KB)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(less than 400 KB)
- Fee can be paid by the following methods:
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- ATM Card(PNB)
It is suggested to scan documents from your originals. Once you have uploaded the document, click the next button you will get the Form preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
Note: Furnishing of incorrect information/suppression of information would lead to rejection of application form as per IGNOU Rules.
Steps for filling Online form: Click on “LOGIN” button from the homepage of Online admission system and then login with your UserName and password by clicking the “LOGIN” button given on the login screen.
Fill personal details, programme details, qualification details, course details, and correspondence details. Remember, while filling qualification details :-
If your subjects are different than the subjects mentioned; click the “OTHERS” check box.
For those with qualification of graduation and above, in the field “Board Code” select “9999”.
Upload Scanned Documents: Remember, before this step you should must have the relevant scanned documents (It is suggested to scan documents from your originals). These include:
Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB)
Scanned copy of Age Proof.
Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 400 KB)
Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any). (less than 400 KB)
Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC. (less than 400 KB)
Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line. (less than 400 KB)
Pay your Programme fee through debit/credit card (Master/Visa/Rupay) and Net banking :- Payment by Debit/Credit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay): You have to select Debit/Credit Card option to pay the programme fee and follow the online instruction to complete the payment of fee.
After successful payment, you will be able to print/save the payment confirmation slip.
Payment by Net banking : If you have net banking account select this option. You will be redirected to your bank website.
Payment by ATM Card (PNB): Once you have uploaded the document and click the “NEXT” button you will get the Form Preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
About IGNOU: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), established by an Act of Parliament in 1985, has continuously striven to build an inclusive knowledge society through inclusive education.
It has tried to increase the Gross Enrollment Ratio (GER) by offering high-quality teaching through the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode. The University began by offering two academic programmes in 1987, i.e., Diploma in Management and Diploma in Distance Education, with a strength of 4,528 students. For any query, students can visit the official website, ignou.ac.in