Indira Gandhi National Open University has started the registration process for IGNOU PhD 2020 from February 28, 2020, onwards. The registration process would end on April 30, 2020. Candidates who want to apply for PhD can apply online through the official site of NTA IGNOU at ignouexams.nta.nic.in.
The minimum duration of the programme is two years. However, the maximum period allowed for completion of the programme is five years. Any graduate with 50 per cent marks for general category/ 45 per cent for reserved category as per government of India rules can apply for the examination.
NTA has informed that registration dates have been extended to 15th May 2020 24:00 Hrs. The candidates who have not completed the application form are requested to please complete the form.
Candidates will have to pay Rs 800/- for IGNOU PhD if belonging to UR, OBC category and Rs 600/- if belonging to SC, ST and EWS category. The programme fees are charged course wise which is s Rs.2,000/- per course. Master of Business Administration (MBA) Programme consists of 21 courses in all. Project Course (MS-100) is equivalent to 2 courses, as per Official Brochure.
The OPENMAT entrance exam consists of four tests. All tests are conducted in one session of 3 hours. The total number of questions for all the four tests is 200 and each question carries 1 mark. There is no negative marking for wrong answers. For more related details, candidates can visit the official site of NTA IGNOU.
IGNOU PhD 2020
|Title||IGNOU PhD Entrance Test 2020|
|About||NTA has released IGNOU PhD Entrance Test 2020 for admission to PhD programme in selected disciplines for the July 2020 session.|
|Courses||PhD Programme 2020 admissions|
|Selection Process||Admission to the PhD Degree Programme is strictly on merit, based on the performance in the Entrance Test and Interview.|
|Application Fee||Application fee (Non-refundable) For Online Application to PhD Programme (July 2020) is Rs.1000/- (for candidates belonging to General/ OBC) Rs.800/- (for candidates belonging to SC/ST/EWS)|
|Last Date to Apply||30-04-2020|
|PhD Entrance Exam Date||PhD Entrance Test will be held on will be announced soon|
|Admit Cards||Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website – will be announced soon|
|Result||Declaration of Entrance Result on will be announced soon|
|PhD Entrance Web Portal||https://ignouexams.nta.nic.in/|
The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) announced admissions to its PhD and M.Phil programs in regular mode. A national-level entrance exam will be conducted on will be announced soon in selected examination centres across the country, Director of IGNOU Research Unit Prof. Kaustuva Barik said. The last date to submit the application form is March 25 and the online portal for admission to the programs will be operational from March 07.
GNOU invites applications for admission to M Phil and PhD programs: The Indira Gandhi National Open University, New Delhi has invited online applications for admission to M Phil/PhD programs. M Phil programs are available in chemistry, commerce, journalism, and mass communication, translation studies and PhD programs in biochemistry, chemistry, commerce, English, education, environmental science, fine arts, gender and development studies, geology, Hindi, journalism and mass communication, management, music, rural development, social work, statistics, translation studies, women’s studies.
The entrance test in these disciplines shall be conducted on will be announced soon. Candidates can log in to the https://ignouexams.nta.nic.in for details. The last date for submission of online applications is 30-04-2020. The IGNOU Research Programmes are offered (Regular Mode) in strict compliance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of PhD/MPhil Degrees) Regulations, 2016.
Applications are invited for – M.Phil in Sociology, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Translation Studies, Social Work, Commerce, Chemistry and Distance education. PhD programmes have been offered in – Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Library and Information Science, Political Science, Public Administration, History, Gender and Development Studies, Women’s Studies, Geography, Translation Studies, Statistics, Food & Nutritional Sciences, Environmental Studies, Geology, Management, Life Sciences, Commerce, Hindi, Distance Education, Nursing, Social Work, Physics, Chemistry and Biochemistry.
“PhD in Biochemistry, Physics, and Life Sciences disciplines would not have an entrance exam and would be based on eligibility criteria available on the university’s website,” Barik said in a statement. Those applying for M.Phil in Economics need not take the entrance exam but have to be eligible as per the criteria.
IGNOU PhD and MPhil Admissions 2020 Registrations on the official website of the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU). IGNOU has released a notification inviting candidates for admissions to regular programmes for its PhD and MPhil courses.
While the PhD programmes will span 5-Years, the MPhil programmes are for 4-Years only. IGNOU is scheduled to conduct the national-level entrance exam for PhD and MPhil July 2019 Admissions on 7th April 2019 at its various exam centres across the country. However, as per the official notification, there would be no entrance exam for admissions to biochemistry, physics, life sciences and economics disciplines.
Candidates shortlisted via entrance exam will be called for Stage 2 of the selection process that will include an interview and presentation of Synopsis.
Eligibility Criteria: An applicant must have a master’s degree with at least 55 per cent marks in a relevant discipline.
Registration Fee: Candidates can apply for the PhD Entrance Test through the official website, ‘ignouexams.nta.nic.in’. The application fee is Rs. 1000 for General category candidates and Rs. 800 for SC, ST, EWS category candidates.
The tentative list of selected candidates will be released by .. and selected candidates will be intimated via offer letters.
IGNOU PhD Admissions:
PhD admission is offered in the following disciplines: Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Library and Information Science, Political Science, Public Administration, History, Gender and Development Studies, Women’s Studies, Geography, Translation Studies, Statistics, Food and Nutritional Sciences, Environmental Science, Geology, Management, Life Sciences, Commerce, Hindi, Distance Education, Nursing, Social Work, Physics, Bio-Chemistry, Chemistry Discipline
IGNOU PhD Admissions is available in the following disciplines:
4. Library and Information Science
5. Political Science
6. Public Administration
8. Gender and Development Studies
9. Women’s Studies
11. Translation Studies
13. Food and Nutritional Sciences
14. Environmental Science
17. Life Sciences
20. Distance Education
22. Social Work
25. Chemistry Discipline
IGNOU M.Phil Admissions:
MPhil admission is offered in – Sociology, Political Science, Economics, Geography, Translation Studies, Social Work, Commerce, Distance Education and Chemistry discipline.
IGNOU M.Phil Admissions is available in the following disciplines:
2. Political Science
5. Translation Studies
6. Social Work
8. Distance Education
The applicants must possess a Master’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent qualification with minimum 55% marks for unreserved category and 50% marks for reserved category candidates.
No entrance test will be conducted for biochemistry, physics, and life sciences disciplines. IGNOU is considered as the largest open university system in the world. In 2010, UNESCO declared IGNOU as the largest institution of higher learning in the world.
Instructions to Fill Application Form Online
- Please download the Information Brochure in July 2019 and read it carefully.
- Click on the button “REGISTER YOURSELF” that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- Remember, while choosing your Username. It must be between 8 to 16 characters.
- While choosing your password, ensure that it must be alphanumeric and between 8 to 16 characters.
- After filling the mandatory information, click the “SUBMIT” button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via e-mail and SMS.
- Remember your Username and Password for subsequent login.
- If you have already registered i.e. you are an existing user, click the “Log in” button.
- Before proceeding for filling the form online, the applicant must have the following:
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB)
- Scanned Signature (less than 50 KB)
- Application Fee can be paid through:
- Credit Card (Master/Visa)
- Debit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay)
- Net Banking
- ATM Card(PNB)
- Once you have uploaded your photograph and signature, click the next button. You will get the Form preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
Steps to apply online
|STEP 1||Apply for Online Registration|
|STEP 2||Fill Online Application Form|
|STEP 3||Upload Scanned Photo & Signature|
|STEP 4||Pay Examination Fee|
Registration Steps: Steps for filling Online form
- Click on the “Log in” button from the homepage of Online Entrance Test and then login with your username and password by clicking the “Log in” button given on the login screen.
- Fill personal details, programme details, qualification details and correspondence details.
- Upload Scanned Photograph and Signature with specifications given below: a. Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB) b.Scanned Signature (less than 50 KB)
- Pay your Application Fee through debit/credit card (Master/ Visa /Rupay) and Net banking:
- Payment by Debit/Credit Card (Master/Visa/Rupay): You have to select Debit/Credit Card option to pay the application fee and follow the online instructions to complete the payment of the fee. After successful payment, you will be able to print/save the payment confirmation slip.
- Payment by Net banking: If you have net banking account select this option. You will be redirected to your bank website.
- Payment by ATM Card (PNB) Once you have uploaded your photograph and signature, and clicked the “NEXT” button, you will get the Form Preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference.
Candidates can read through the official information brochure below and ascertain their eligibility in relevant disciplines and check the syllabus.
How to apply:
In Order To Apply For The Same, All The Candidates Need To Follow The Below-mentioned Steps:
- Go to the official website, ignou.ac.in
- Click on the relevant link
- Enter all the required details in the prescribed format
- Click to submit
IGNOU PhD Entrance Exam 2020: Important Dates
|Opening date of application||February 28, 2020|
|Closing date of application||30-04-2020|
|Correction in Particulars of Application Form on Website only||May 1st, 2nd|
|Downloading of Admit Cards from NTA website||will be announced soon|
|Date of examination||will be announced soon|
ABOUT IGNOU: The university offers about 228 certificate, diploma, degree and doctoral programmes, with a strength of nearly 810 faculty members and 574 academic staff at the headquarters and regional centres and about 33,212 academic counsellors.