UGC Scholarship 2022 for PG Students notification would be released every year by the University Grants Commission on its National Scholarship Portal, https://scholarships.gov.in. Candidates can willing to apply for four scholarships at web page of University Grants Commission, MHRD. All the interested students can apply for a UGC PG scholarship program for various PG courses through NSP Portal at scholarships.gov.in. Also, the candidates can have a look at the official notice available on ugc.ac.in.
UGC has four scholarship schemes for college and university students – Ishan Uday Special Scholarship for North Eastern Region (UGC Ishan Uday or UGC NER), PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child (UGC single girl child scholarship), PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders, and PG Scholarship for SC, ST Students Pursuing Professional Courses. Applications for these scholarships are to be submitted on the National Scholarship Portal – scholarships.gov.in.
UGC Scholarship – University Grants Commission, UGC, offers merit-based and merit-cum-means scholarships to undergraduate and postgraduate students. Candidates can apply for four scholarships. UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022, UGC Single Girl Child Scholarship 2022, UGC PG Rank Holders Scholarship 2022, and UGC SC ST Scholarship 2022 can submit their applications through National Scholarship Portal.
Candidates can register at the National Scholarship Portal, scholarships.gov.in. Based on their eligibility, applicants, if selected, will receive up to Rs.7,800 per month. Candidates are required to apply at the national scholarship portal through the ‘New Registration Window’ and generate their login credentials. After that, the application form can be filled using the ‘Login to Apply’ option.
|Name of the registration||UGC PG Scholarships Registration 2022|
|National Scholarship||UGC Scholarships to Students 2022|
|Title||Complete the UGC PG Scholarship Registration 2022|
|Subject||UGC, Govt of India has enabled the UGC PG Scholarship Registration 2022|
|PG Scholarship||UGC Scholarship Name|
|ISHAN UDAY UGC Scholarship||ISHAN UDAY – Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region (UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship)|
|Indira Gandhi PG Scholarship||PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child ( UGC Single Girl Child Scholarship)|
|Rank Holders PG Scholarship||PG Scholarship For University Rank Holders (1st And 2nd Rank Holders) (UGC PG Rank Holders Scholarship)|
|SC & ST PG Scholarship||PG Scholarship Scheme For SC, ST Students For Pursuing Professional Courses (UGC SC ST Scholarship)|
According to the official notice, the last date for verification of applications by Institutions of students including re-submission of defective applications will be done till 05-02-2021.
How to apply for UGC Scholarship 2022?
All the PG students are aware of the scholarships that are available on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP portal) and students fulfil the eligibility conditions specified, students can apply for them online. The given steps to be followed for making a successful application on the portal.
- Visit the scholarships.gov.in Website
Students need to visit the official website of the NSP portal, https://scholarships.gov.in in your device browser.
- Click on New User? Register Link
Once you reach the official website, you click on the New User Registration link on the home page. Applicant should read and understood the guidelines for registration. After tick on the radio buttons, you can click on the Click on the Continue button.
- Fill the Fresh Registration Form
After clicking on that link, a Fresh Registration form would be opened. Now, Select the Post Matric / MC/ Top Class for Class 11, 12, UG, PG etc., from the Scholarship Category and Select Scholarship Scheme if you want to apply for Scholarships OR Select Incentive Scheme if you want to apply for any incentive scheme and fill the form with required information and click on the register button.
- Click on Login to Apply Link
After completion of new registration process, student will get a unique application ID and password through SMS on the provided (registered) mobile number. Now, you can click on the Login to Apply link on the home page. Then, Login for Fresh Application web page will appear in your device.
- Enter Login details
In the login web page, student shall login to NSP using application ID and password which were received at the time of registration process and click on the login button. Here, the student must change the password upon first login. This password has to be kept safely and confidentially. The student can change the mobile number only before the first login, i.e. before changing the received password.
- Click on the Application Form link
After clicking on the login button, an applicant dashboard will open. Now, click on the ‘Application Form’ to proceed with the scholarship application.
- Fill the Application Form
After clicking on the application form link, application form web page will appear. The Application Form is divided into three Parts, i.e., Registration Details, Academic Details, Basic Details. PG Student should fill in all required details in the application form and Upload all supporting documents with the application form. Finally, click on the ‘Final Submit’ button.
- Print the Application Form
After clicking on the submit button, your application will be submitted successfully. Now, print and save application form further reference.
- Visit the official link scholarships.gov.in.
- Click on login link available on the home page.
- Enter the required details either to login or to register.
- A new page will open where candidates will have to select the scholarship they want.
- Fill in the details and click on submit.
- Your application has been submitted.
- Download the confirmation page and keep a hard copy of the same for further need.
UGC Scholarship 2022
UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship 2022
- PG Scholarship for NER Students: UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship is a special scheme for the students of the North East Region (NER) of India.
- This scholarship was launched for North Eastern Region from academic session 2014-15. The objective of this scholarship includes providing equal opportunities for higher studies, increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio, focus more on professional education and optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation in the North East region.
- Number of Scholarships: 10,000
- Amount Of Scholarship: Rs 5400 per month for general degree course and Rs.7800 per month for technical /medical /professional /paramedical courses.
- Eligibility: Students who have secured admission in first year of any degree course and whose family income is not more than Rs 4.5 lakh per annum.
UGC Single Girl Child Scholarship 2022
- PG Scholarship for SGC: UGC Single Girl Child Scholarship is a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship For Single Girl Child has been introduced by the UGC to recognize the value of observance of small family norm and to support education of single girl child in postgraduate courses.
- UGC has introduced a Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child with an aim to compensate direct costs of girl education to all levels especially for such girls who happen to be the only girl child in their family.
- Girl students without a brother or girl students who are twin daughters/ fraternal daughter can apply for the scholarship.
- Number of scholarships: 3,000
- Amount of Scholarship: Rs.36,200 per annum (for two years)
UGC PG Rank Holders Scholarship 2022
- PG Scholarship for URH: UGC PG Rank Holders Scholarship is a PG Scholarship for University Rank Holders is for meritorious students with “outstanding performance” at undergraduate level.
- Professional and distance learning programmes are not covered under the scheme. University toppers who have taken admission in a regular, full-time master’s degree course in any recognized university, deemed university, private university, autonomous college or a postgraduate college can apply for this scholarship.
- So, This scholarship is for undergraduate rank holders. The awardees, under this scheme, can pursue their Postgraduate programme in any area of specialization in any institution of higher learning in the country.
- The First and Second Rank holders at the undergraduate level and admitted in any Postgraduate Course would be awarded the scholarship.
- Number of scholarships: 3,000
- Amount: Rs.3,100 per month (for two years)
UGC SC ST Scholarship 2022
- PG Scholarship for SC ST Students: UGC SC ST Scholarship is a PG Scholarship Scheme For SC ST Students For Professional Courses aims to provide financial assistance to Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) candidates to pursue postgraduate studies in Professional courses.
- Candidates enrolled in MA, MSc, MCom, MSW and Mass Communication and Journalism programmes are not eligible for this scholarship.
- The scheme has been initiated keeping in view the social background of the candidates from the deprived section of the society and to provide them the opportunity to undertake postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy etc. in Indian Universities/Institutions/ Colleges.
- As per the official notice released by the Commission, the last date for verification of applications by Institutions of students including re-submission of defective applications will be done till the deadline (above mentioned).
- Moreover, eligible institutions are also advised to verify the applications of their students immediately after receiving the applications on Portal. More related details can be checked through the official website of UGC.
- Amount of scholarship: Rs.7,800 per month for ME, MTech students.
- For other courses, the amount of scholarship is Rs 4,500 per month.
UGC Scholarship for SC, ST Students:
UGC Scholarship for SC, ST Students: UGC Post Graduate PG Scholarships for SC/ST Students for Professional Courses, The scheme has been initiated keeping in view the social background of the candidates from the deprived section of the society and to provide the opportunity to undertake postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects like Engineering & Technology, Management, Pharmacy, etc. in Indian Universities/Institutions/ Colleges.
Objective: The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to 1000 SC/ST candidates to pursue postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects at recognized Indian Universities/Institutions/Colleges.
Eligibility: The candidate must have obtained a Graduate Degree in the relevant subject and obtained admission at the Postgraduate level for a regular full-time course in any of the Professional subjects in a recognized University/ Institution/College.
Candidates pursuing post-graduate courses in professional subjects by correspondence or by Distance Education mode are not eligible to receive financial assistance under this scheme. The upper age limit for male applicants is 45 years as on 1st July on the year of application, and 50 years in the case of female candidates. In exceptional cases, the age may be relaxed.
Procedure for applying for PG Scholarships for SC/ST Students: The candidates belonging to SC/ST categories fulfilling the eligibility conditions are required to apply against the advertisement to be published by the UGC after obtaining admission in a recognized University/ Institution/College. The selections would be completed by the end of August every year in the prescribed format (Annexure-I).
Nature of Assistance available under the Scheme: The number of slots available under the scheme is 1000 per year. The tenure of the award is for two/three years depending upon the tenure of the postgraduate course.
Candidates selected for the award of PG scholarships shall be provided Scholarship @Rs.5000/-per month (M.Tech.) with the contingency of Rs. 15000/- per annum and for other courses @ Rs.3000/- per month and a contingency grant of Rs.10,000/- per annum for the duration of the PG Scholarship for other courses.
The financial assistance available under the scheme is as follows:
@Rs.7,800/- per month (ME/M.Tech)
@Rs.4,700/- per month for other courses.
@Rs.15,000/- per annum(ME/M.Tech)
@Rs.10,000/- per annum for other courses.
Procedure for release of a grant by the UGC: On receipt of duly completed application form of the candidate together with required documents and based on the merit of the candidate the UGC office shall release the first installment of the admissible grant to the concerned institution( Annexure-II).
Thereafter, the grant shall be released on receipt of the Utilisation Certificate and statement of expenditure for the last grant paid (Annexures- III, IV). On completion of the scholarship, and audited utilization certificate is to be submitted by the University/ Institution/College from which the candidate has completed the PG Programme.
Procedure for monitoring the progress of the candidate: The progress of the candidate shall be monitored by the head of the department. The candidate is required to submit a yearly progress report duly signed by the Head of the Department and Registrar of the University or Head of the Institution or Principal of the College. The scholarship shall stop after the last academic year of the program (Annexure-V).
Cancellation of Award
The fellowship is liable to cancellation, in case of:
2. Unsatisfactory progress of research work
3. The candidate is later found ineligible
Last date for submission of applications for PG Scholarships for SC/ST Students: 20-01-2022
As per the official notice, in order to ensure access of all sections of the society and more particularly marginalized sections, the Commission has framed exclusive regulations and guidelines and has been implementing special schemes for students belonging to SC and ST category. For more related details candidates can visit the official site of UGC.
List of Scholarships
|List Of Scholarships||Scholarship Details|
|UGC Scholarship for PG Students||Details|
|AICTE Scholarships under Pragati Scheme and Sakham Scheme||Details|
|National Scholarship for All Students||Details (NSP)|
|National Overseas Scholarship for All Students||Details|
|SC Scholarship (List Of Scholarships)||Details|
|ST Scholarship (List Of Scholarships)||Details|
|BC Scholarship (List Of Scholarships)||Details|
|SwD Scholarship (List Of Scholarships)||Details|
|Minority Scholarship (List of Scholarships)||Details|
|Top Class Education Scholarship||Details|