IISER Tirupati Post Doctoral Research Fellowship (PDRF) Program-2020 – post-doctoral fellows Recruitment for PDRFs. IISER Tirupati has an active Post-Doctoral Research Fellowship (PDRF) Program to enable highly motivated young researchers to conduct research in the frontier areas of Science and Technology.
Applications are invited twice a year, in April and October, for the appointment of post-doctoral fellows in the various research areas. These positions are open for candidates with 0-5 years of experience after obtaining Ph.D. degree in related areas. Candidates who have submitted their thesis and awaiting award of degree may also apply. Candidates should provide evidence of having carried out high-quality research during or after their Ph. D. program. The award will be initially for one year, with an extension for one more year after review of performance.
PDRFs have to get associated with a specific research group depending upon the research and facilities /mentorship required to carry-out research. Candidates will be shortlisted based on the quality of their research work and proposal. The final selection will be made based on all the above criteria, specific area of research and performance in interview.
Rs. 47,000/- p.m + HRA as per GoI rules if the candidate produces the Ph. D. Certificate.
Otherwise, Rs. 35,000/- p.m + HRA as per GoI rules for those candidates whose Ph. D. degree is awaited; however, the candidate has to produce a letter from competent authority by stating that the thesis has been submitted and the final viva/defence is pending. Nominal research grant will be available under this program.PMRF Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship
PDRFs in Mathematics:
Applications are invited for PDRFs in Mathematics in the following areas of research:
1. Algebraic Geometry (Prof. D. S. Nagaraj)
2. Number Theory, Complex Geometry (Dr. Anilatmaja Aryasomayajula)
3. Algebraic and Differential Topology (Dr. Subhash B)
4. Riemannian Geometry (Dr. Gururaja H A)
5. Algebraic Geometry, Vector Bundles (Dr. Souradeep Majumder)
6. Harmonic Analysis, Functional Analysis (Dr. R. Lakshmi Lavanya)
7. Algebraic Geometry, Algebraic Topology, K-theories (Dr. Girja Shanker Tripathi)
8. Number Theory, Galois Representations (Dr. Shalini Bhattacharya)
For Mathematics: Submit your application online https://form.jotform.me/92882781462468
PDRFs in Chemistry:
Applications are invited for PDRFs in Chemistry in the following areas of research:
1. 2D Materials and electrochemistry (Prof. Vijayamohanan Pillai)
2. Materials for batteries and supercapacitors (Dr. V. Aravindan)
3. Materials for energy (Dr. Janardan Kundu)
4. Theoretical and computational chemistry (Dr. Padmabati Mondal)
5. Theoretical and computational modeling of soft matter (Dr. Rakesh S. Singh)
6. Synthesis and magnetic properties of metal complexes (Dr. Arun Kumar Bar)
For Chemistry: Submit your application online https://form.jotform.me/92882816658474
PDRFs in Biology:
Applications are invited for PDRFs in Biology in the following areas of research:
1. Infection biology and host-pathogen interactions (Dr. Suchi Goel)
2. Chromosome inheritance and genome stability during the formation of gametes (Dr. Viji Subramanian)
Dr. Viji’s lab uses mainly budding yeast as a model. The eligible candidate should be well versed in molecular biology, cell biology and genetics. Knowledge of genomics and bioinformatics is a plus.
For Biology: Submit your application online https://form.jotform.me/92883205515459
PDRFs in Physics:
Applications are invited for PDRFs in Physics in the following areas of research:
For Physics: Submit your application online https://form.jotform.me/92883074953469
Applications of selected candidates may also be forwarded to DST-SERB through the Institute for consideration of financial support. Details of the SERB National Postdoctoral Fellowship (N-PDF) are available at http://www./serb.gov.in/npdf.phpHow to apply: Interested candidates should contact faculty working in the below-mentioned research areas at IISER Tirupati and identify a research project with the mentor to host the Fellowship. For details of the faculty and their research areas please visit: www.iisertirupati.ac.in/people/faculty
Last Date for application for all streams: November 14th,2020.