India Culture CCRT Young Artistes Scholarships Scheme in Different Cultural Fields. Scheme for Scholarships to Young Artistes in Different Cultural Fields. CCRT Young Artist Fellowship Scheme, Scheme For The Award Of Fellowship To Outstanding Persons in The Field Of Culture. Online applications are invited by CCRT, Ministry Of Culture, Govt. of India for the award of scholarships from young artistes of outstanding promise in the fields of Indian Classical Music, Indian Classical Dances, Light Classical Music, Theatre, Visual Arts and Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Arts. Please note Applications are invited for two consecutive years i.e. 2016-2017 & 2017-2018 with effect from 1st November, 2017 .
There are 400 scholarships available for each year. One can apply for both the years separately, if eligible. Details of the schemes, instructions for applicants, eligibility conditions/criteria and Application Module are available on the following websites of the Ministry of Culture, Government of India and CCRT.
Scope: Scheme for Scholarships to Young Artistes in Different Cultural Fields:This Scheme seeks to give assistance to young artistes of outstanding promise for advanced training within India in the field of Indian Classical Music, Indian Classical Dance, Theatre, Mime, Visual art, Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Arts and Light Classical Music.
Number: Total Number of Scholarships 400
Subjects/ Fields in which Scholarships can be awarded
- Indian Classical Music
Classical Hindustani Music (Vocal and Instrumental) Classical Carnatic Music (Vocal & Instrumental etc.)
- Indian Classical Dance/ Dance Music
Bharatnatyam, Kathak, Kuchipudi, Kathakali, Mohiniattam, Odissi Dance/ Music, Manipuri Dance/ Music, Thangta, Gaudiya Nritya, Chhau Dance/ Music, Sattriya dance.
Any specialized aspect of theatre art, including acting, direction, etc., but excluding play writing and research.
- Visual Arts
Graphics, Sculpture, Painting, Creative Photography, Pottery & Ceramics, etc.
- Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Arts
Puppetry, Folk Theatre, Folk dances, Folk Songs, Folk Music, etc.( An indicative list can be seen at Para 10 ‘Note’)
- Light Classical Music
- Thumri, Dadra, Tappa, Qawali, Ghazal,
- Light Classical music based on Carnatic Style, etc.
- Rabindra Sangeet, Nazrul Geeti, Atulprasad.
Duration and Term of Scholarship The duration of scholarship will be two years. The nature of training will be determined in each case after taking into consideration the previous training and background of the scholar. Normally, it will be in the nature of advance training under a Guru/ Master or in a recognized institution.
The Scholar will be required to undergo a rigorous training. Such training will include minimum of three hours a day for practice alone apart from the time spent for acquiring knowledge of the theory of the subject/field concerned and also an appreciation of the related disciplines.
Each scholar will be paid Rs. 5000/- per month for a period of two years to cover his/ her living expenses on traveling, books, art material or other equipment and tuition or training charges, if any.
Conditions of Eligibility
- Candidates should be Indian Nationals.
- Candidates should have an adequate general education to pursue their training effectively.
- Candidates must give evidence of their desire to make the pursuit of their training effectively.
- As the scholarships are meant for advanced training and not for beginners, candidates must have already acquired a degree of proficiency in the chosen field.
- The candidate should have undergone a minimum of 5 years training with their Guru/Institutes. The Certificate to this effect in Part II of the Proforma duly signed by the present Guru / Institute and former Guru/ Institute (if any) should be submitted along with the application.
- Candidates should have an adequate knowledge in the connected arts/ disciplines.
- The candidate’s age should not be less than 18 years and not more than 25 years as on 1st April of the year in which the application is being made. Age relaxation is not permissible.
Advertisement: An advertisement inviting applications will be issued by Centre for Cultural Resources and Training (CCRT), 15-A, Sector-7, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075. Tele- 011-25074256.
Documents to be submitted with application Following documents are required to be submitted along with the application (with photograph) at the time of Interview :
- One self-attested copy of Education Qualifications (Degrees, Diplomas etc.), experiences etc. In no case the original documents are to be attached.
- One self-attested copy of the Matriculation or equivalent certificate or other admissible evidence of age. (Other than Horoscope).
- One Passport size recent photograph.
- In the case of candidates applying for scholarship in the field of Painting, Sculpture and Applied Arts, they are required to come with self-attested copies of photograph of the Original works. The minimum qualification for Visual Arts is BFA or equivalent.
- Separate on line application should be submitted for each field, if the candidate wants to apply for more than one field.
- As the scholarships are awarded for advanced training, the candidates should have undergone a minimum of 5 years training with their Gurus/Institutes. The certificates to this effect duly signed by the present Guru/ Institute and former Guru/ Institute (if any) should be submitted along with the application.
- Candidates will be required to appear for an interview/ performance before an expert Committee. The date, time and venue of the interview/performance will be intimated to the candidates through e-mail given by the candidates in their online application. The selection will be made purely on merit.
- Result will be published on the website of the Ministry. Award letter will be sent to the selected candidates by speed post.
- Any change in the address may be given to the Ministry in writing. While doing so subject/field of training, File No. (if any) should invariably be given.
- For any future correspondence, the candidates must give the following particulars:-
- Name of the Scheme.
- Name of the candidate in capital letters.
- Subject/field of training.
- Registration Number. Indicative List of Folk, Traditional and Indigenous Art Puppet Theatre
- Ravanchaya of Orissa
- Chamdyacha Bahulya of Maharashtra,
- Thol Pavakoothu of Kerala
- Tholu Bommalattam of Tamilnadu
- Tholu Bommalattam of Andhra Pradesh
- Tolagu Gombe Atta of Karnataka Rod or string Puppets
- Putulnautch of West Bengal
- Kathpulti of Rajasthan
- Gombeatta of Karnataka
- Pavakuthoo of Kerala
- Bommalattam of Tamil Nadu
- Sakhi-Kundhei of Orissa
- Kalasutri Bahuley of Maharashtra
- Chadar Badar of Bihar Glove Puppets
- Gulabo Sitabo of Uttar Pradesh
- Pawa Kathakali of Kerala Traditional Theatre
- Harikatha of Kathakalashepam
- Thevaram, Tirupugazh, Kavadicchindu
- Bhajan & Abhangas of Maharashtra
- Songs of various religious sects.
- Sankirtan of Manipur
- Baul of Bengal
- Divyaprabndam and Araiya sevai Folk Music
- Women’s songs of all regions
- Songs for children and by children
- Songs relating to the epics
- Songs of various castes
- Songs of Mother Goddess of all regions
- Various types of Lavanis of Utter Pradesh Gujrat, Maharashtra, Karnataka
- Gaulans of Maharashtra
- Kuravanji Songs of the South
- Kalgi Tura of various regions; including Nagesi Hardesi (Karnataka)
- Songs of Goravas (of Kalgi Tura)
- Gondhals of Karnataka and Maharashtra
- Bingi Pada (antike pantike)
- Tattva songs (ektari mela)
- Kinnari jogi songs
- Gundika pada
- Jokumara Songs
- Songs of dombui dasa (ballad)
- Songs of nila gara
- Pandhari Bhajans
- Songs of rivayat (saval-javab) and Marsiya kahani
- Folk and Tribal musical instruments
- Ensemble playing (Panchamukha-Vadya Karadi, Majlu, Valaga, Citti, Mela, Chhakri, Anjuman, etc Other Miscellaneous Traditional forms
- Pena lsei of Manipur
- Folk Music (Caste Music)
- Maand of Rajasthan.
- Ranamalyem of Goa.
- Deodhani of Assam
- Chandayani of Madhya Pradesh
- Bhand Jasan of Kashmir.
- Study of Tibetan Painting and Wood Craft at the library of Tibetan Works and archives, Dharamsala. The list is illustrative and not exhaustive. Contact Details:
(i)Section officer (S&F Section), Room No. 211, 2nd Floor, Puratatva Bhawan, D Block, GPO Complex, INA, New Delhi-110023 at Phone No. 011-24642157 or through E-Mail: scholar-culture[at]nic[dot]in
(ii)Director, Centre for Cultural Resources and Training, 15-A, Sector-7, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075 at Phone Numbers : 011- 25309300 extns. 319, 331, 337 and 338; 011-25074256, 25309395, 25309338 and 25088638. or through e-mail scholarships scheme in different cultural fields, scheme for scholarships to young artistes in different cultural fields, ccrt young artist fellowship scheme