ISRO is organising a special programme for School Children called Young Scientist Programme that means Yuva vigyani Karyakram (YUVIKA), to impart basic knowledge on Space Technology, Space Science and Space Applications to the younger students with a preference to rural areas. The ISRO YUVIKA 2022 programme is aimed at creating awareness about the emerging trends in science and technology amongst the youngsters, who are the future building blocks of our nation.
ISRO has chalked out this programme to Catch them young. The Young Scientist Programme is also expected to encourage more students to pursue in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) based research /career. ISRO YUVIKA would announced the last date for Upload Certificates for the final selection list. Provisional selected candidates may submit the relevant certificates on the official website. ISRO would release the provisional list of selected candidates for the Yuvika 2022 programme.
The final selection list of 113 students (including OCI) will be published after the verification of relevant certificates. The provisionally selected candidates are requested to upload the pdf copy of 8th Std marks card and other relevant certificates by login in the Yuvika portal in ISRO website www.isro.gov.in as per schedule. The link for uploading the certificates will be available in ISRO website.
|Name of the programme||ISRO YUVIKA 2022|
|Title||Participate in the ISRO Young Scientist Programme 2022|
|Subject||ISRO launched the ISRO YUVIKA Summer Camp 2022|
|Registration Dates||March 10 to April, 2022|
|YUVIKA Web Portal||YUVIKA Young Scientist Programme|
The YUVIKA 2022 residential programme will be of two weeks duration during summer holidays (May 16 to 28, 2022) and the schedule will include invited talks, experience sharing by the eminent scientists, experimental demonstration, facility and lab visits, exclusive sessions for discussions with experts, practical and feedback sessions.
The programme aims to select 150 students across the country, who are studying in class IX as on March 01, 2022 in a school located within the territory of India. For more information, candidates are advised to visit the official website.
- Marks obtained in Class ‘VIII’ examination.
- Participation in science fair (school / district / state & above level organised by school / district / state / Central government authority) in last three years.
- Prize in Olympiad / Science competitions and equivalent (1 to 3 rank in last 3 years at school / district / state & above level) in last three years.
- Winner of sports competitions conducted by School / Govt. / Institutions / Registered Sports federation (1 to 3 rank in last 3 years at school / district / state & above level) in last three years. Winner of online games will not be considered.
- Member of Scout and guides / NCC / NSS in last three years.
- Performance in online quiz.
- A special weightage to students studying in school located in panchayat area will be provided.
A minimum participation will be ensured from each State / UT. The programme is planned at five centres of ISRO viz. Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC), Thiruvananthapuram, U. R. Rao Satellite Centre (URSC), Bengaluru, Space Application Centre (SAC), Ahmedabad, National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), Hyderabad and North-East Space Application Centre (NE-SAC), Shillong. Towards, the end of the project, students will be taken to visit of Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Sriharikota.
Expenditure towards the travel of student (II AC fare by train from nearest Rly Station to the reporting centre and back), course material, lodging and boarding etc., during the entire course will be borne by ISRO. II AC train fare will also be provided to one guardian / parent for drop and pick up of student from the reporting centre. In case the student / parent have not avail the II AC train, the reimbursement of fare will be limited to II AC train fare.
YUVIKA Registration 2022
The registration process of YUVIKA – 2022 includes total four steps. Candidates are advised to go through each step carefully. It is advised to complete the registration process at earliest. The candidate has to complete all four steps for completing the registration. Incomplete application without attempting quiz and uploading the certificates will not be considered.
- STEP 1: E-mail Registration for YUVIKA 2022.
- STEP 2: Read the quiz instructions. Appear in the online quiz within 48 hours of e-mail registration for YUVIKA – 2022.
- STEP 3: Login to YUVIKA portal minimum after 60 minutes from quiz submission and fill all the information correctly. Submit the online application form and download the submitted form.
- STEP 4: Upload the signed copy and all the required certificates before last date of registration.
- In case of any doubt or clarification, refer to “Frequently Asked Questions”. For further clarifications, mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to upload the certificates at YUVIKA Registration website?
The Indian Space Research Organisation would enable the ISRO Young Scientist Programme Registration link very soon in the month February. Eligible students who are interested in can check details and complete the YUVIKA Registration on its official website, https://www.isro.gov.in/. At the time of registration, students should upload the relevant certificates on its web portal. Students can follow the below given steps for uploading of necessary documents at the YUVIKA Online website.
- Visit the isro.gov.in Website
Students who are eligible needs to visit the official website: https://www.isro.gov.in/ in your device browser.
- Click on YUVIKA Link
Once you reach the official website, you can search for the YUVIKA Young Scientist Programme Link in the Updates section on the home page.
- Click on Upload Certificates Link
After clicking on the link, YUVIKA web page will appear in your device and read the information carefully. Now, click on the Yuvika Young Scientist Programme Certificates Uploading link.
- Login your Account
After clicking on that link, YUVIKA Certificates Uploading web page will be opened in your device. Now, login to your account.
- Upload Certificates
After login the web page, you can upload your certificates and click on submit button. Then, your certificates will be uploaded
After the mark sheets and the certificates have been analysed by ISRO, the final list would then be released. It will all be done after the complete verification of the documents. A total of 113 candidates (one-third of the provisional list) would be selected for the Young Scientist Program. Check the official website for further details.