KVPY Fellowship Online Application Form 2021 & How to Apply for Aptitude Test (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Fellowship Exam). The KVPY is an on-going National Program of Fellowship in Basic Sciences, initiated and funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, to attract exceptionally highly motivated students for pursuing basic science courses and research career in science.
This program aims to assist the students to realize their potential and to ensure that the best scientific talent is groomed for research and development in the country.
Generous fellowship and contingency grant are provided to the selected KVPY Fellows up to the pre Ph.D. level or 5 years whichever is earlier. In addition, summer camps for the KVPY Fellows are organized in prestigious research and educational institutions in the country.
The Department of Science and Technology, India is seeking applications from eligible candidates for the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Fellowship (KVPY). It is being run by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore. The purpose of this program is to encourage school and college students towards basic sciences research
KVPY Key Dates
- KVPY Fellowships Aptitude Test Exam Date: 07-11-2021
- Last date to apply for KVPY Fellowships: 25-08-2021
General Instructions KVPY Aptitude Test: 1. Candidates are required to fill all the required details carefully without making any mistake.
2. A valid E-mail and Mobile Number is mandatory for the registration of your Online Application. The E-Mail id and Mobile number should be kept active till the declaration of results (Aptitude test and Interview).
KVPY will send important information with regard to your application and examination on this registered E-Mail/Mobile number. In case, a candidate does not have a valid personal email ID, he/ she should create his/her own new email ID before filling up the online application.
3. After receiving the confirmation of registration on your e-mail / mobile, you may log in with the user ID and password.
4. Before submitting the application form, the candidates should carefully verify the data. Once submitted, no changes in the application form will be entertained.
5. The online application form involves the following process: Registration /login, personal details, academic details, uploading of photograph, signature and other required documents, payment of fee and final submission.
6. Before applying online, the candidate will be required to have a soft copy / scanned (digital) image (in JPG/JPEG format) of his/her recent Passport Size Photograph (less than 150 KB) and Signature (less than 80 KB).
Candidates should ensure that both photograph and signature are saved on the PC/Laptop/Other Media. The SC/ST and PWD candidates must upload a scanned copy of caste (SC and ST) and medical certificate (for PWD) in PDF format (less than 300 KB).
7. Candidates can check their eligibility for various streams offered at KVPY through this link.
8. It is advised that the candidates who completed the application form must proceed to the payment immediately. Payment can be done by using a Credit Card, ATM-Debit Card or Net Banking. No other means of payment will be accepted.
After the successful payment, the transaction details will be displayed. The candidates may note down the transaction details. Once the payment is successful, no refund of the application fee will be done.
Selection Procedure: Aptitude Test: After scrutiny of application forms and meeting the eligibility criteria for various streams, all eligible students will be called for aptitude tests conducted both in Hindi and English at different centers across the country.
KVPY Admit Card: Students may download the admit card for the aptitude test from the website.
Interview: Based on the performance in the aptitude test, short-listed students will be asked to appear for an interview which is the final stage of the selection procedure.
The application fees for KVPY are as follows: For General/OBC Category: Rs. 1000, For SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 500 (Bank Charges extra). It is strongly recommended that the candidates read the instructions given on the KVPY website carefully before attempting to fill the online application. These steps are described in detail here.
How to Apply for KVPY: KVPY Fellowships Online Application Form: Application for KVPY 2021 must be done online only. There are three steps to complete your application successfully.
Step 1. Registration: Candidates can apply from the official website – kvpy.iisc.ernet.in.
Step 2. Filling personal and academic details, choosing test centers and uploading photos, signature, and other certificates, as applicable.
Step 3. Payment of application fees. Candidates have to pay the application fees and can take a print copy of the application form and payment details for further reference.
Please note that you must pay the fee only at the KVPY application portal. This can be done by using a Credit Card, ATM-Debit Card or Net Banking. No other means of payment will be accepted. Once the payment is successful and the application is submitted, no refund of the application fee will be done.
- How much application fee for KVPY?
The application fee is ₹1250 for General category thousand two hundred and ₹625 for students belonging to SC/ST and Person with Disabilities.
- How to apply for KVPY?
Visit the official website of KVPY at http://kvpy.iisc.ac.in/
On the homepage click on the application link
Click on the link that reads the Application link
Register your self
After receiving confirmation on your email and mobile login
Fill in your personal details, academic details, and all other relevant details
Pay the application fee
Submit your application form
Keep the hard copy of the same for future use