Essay Competitions for College students and school children – Essay Competitions in the Cause of National Integration and Communal Harmony: Rc. No 557: Sub: School Education, Telangana, Hyderabad NIC scheme to State Governments for conducting Essay Writing Competitions in the cause of National integration & Communal Harmony. Submission of estimates by 15th October, 2018. All the RIDSES and DEOs in the State is invited to the reference read above and they are informed that the Govt. of India has introduced a scheme for conducting Essay Writing Competitions based on National Integration & Communal Harmony for college students and school children is in operation since 1998. The details are available at website of this Ministry at www.manic.in.
NIC scheme to State Governments for conducting Essay Writing Competitions in the cause of National Integration & Communal Harmony
In this connection, the necessary instructions are issued for conducting these competition in accordance with the provisions of the scheme during current financial year 2018-19 and thereafter for subsequent years on a regular basis. In this regard, the Secretary to Ministry of Home Affairs, GOI, New Delhi has requested to send the estimates and requirement of funds to the Ministry of Home Affairs by 15 October, 2018 in the prescribed proforma for conduct of Essay Competitions as Annexure of the number, bank account number, mobile number etc. to send in the prescribed preforma occasion of 26 January, 2019 so that the funds can be released well in advance for distribution of prizes etc. on the scheme is also requested that the details of all the prize winners like the AADHAR. Therefore, they are requested to follow the guidelines attached and take necessary action in the matter
Essay Competitions in the Cause of National Integration and Communal Harmony
1. SCHEME: Essay competitions for School Children and College University Students
2. FREQUENCY: Annual
3. SUBJECT: The topics of Essey should be selected every year from themes based on National Integration and Communal Harmony. The topics should be decided by the State/UT Authorities, in consultation with the Departments of Secondary & Higher Education, Home, Finance and Planning, State University Grants Commission State Council for Higher Education etc.
4. MEDIUM: Hindi/English or official language of the State/UT.
A. For School children. The children of secondary schools studying in Classes X to XII are eligible to take part in this competition. This competition will be at district level and should be organized in the district with the help of the district education establishment and the collector, who can set up a panel of judges for the selection of prize winning entries. The prize winning essays may be compiled and published in book form. They may also be published in the local newspapers
First: Rs. 1.000
Third: Rs. 400
B. For College/University Students. The students studying in College/Universityare eligible to take part in this competition. This competition will be at State/UT level and should be organized by the State University Grants Commission in the State/UT. Where the commission has not been constituted as yet, it may be Organized by the State Council for higher education or by the State Education Department. A panel of judges may be set up for the selection of prize winning entries. The prize winning essays may be compiled and published in a book form They may also be published in the local newspapers or magazines
Third: Rs 2,000
6. HOLDING OF ESSAY COMPETITIONS: Instructions/Govt. Orders may be Issued to the concerned authorities to conduct the competition indicating details We date of receipt of entries by a specified date, date of competition ete so that all formalities are completed well in time. The conduct of competition, caution of Coys and final lists of awardocs should be completed positively by 15th September every year.
7. ANNOUNCEMENT OF PRIZES: The name of the prize winning candidates may be announced by 2nd October every year for both the competitions by the State Governments/UT Administrations and District Authorities
8. DISTRIBUTION of PRIZES: The prices may be given on the 26th January every year at the time of Republic Day Parade in the Districts for school children and in the State UT Capitals for the College University Students
9.TA/DA for PRIZE WINNERS: The expenditure incurred by the recipients towards to and fro journeys performed to receive the pries, in second class by trun/ordinary bus by shortest route and a lump sum amount of Rs. 250/-RE TWO hundred and fy only) towards boarding/lodging te may be reimbursed
10. HONORARIA for PANEL OF JUDGES: An amount equal to 50% of the entire amount of prines at district level Rs.1,000/- Rs. One thousand only per district and at State/UT level Rs. 5,000/- Rs. Five thousand only per State may be paid as honoraria to the penal of Judges
11. ADMINISTRATIVE EXPENSES: Administrative expenses like printing of certificates, compilation of prize winning essays etc. up to a maximum lnit of Rs.500/- (Rs. Five hundred only per district for school children and Rs 2.500/ (Ro. Two thousand & five hundred only) per State/UT for college/university students may be incurred.
12. REQUIREMENT of FUNDS: The Joint Secretary (18), Ministry of Home Affairs, North Block, New Delhi-1100, may be informed in the prescribed proforma Annexure-T) by 15th October every year the actual requirement of the for competitions. The name of the State/UT Authorities in whose runs the cheque/drait for the amount of prizes etc. is also to be sent together with a list of names of winners of the prices. While calculating the fund requirement, the State/UT may include the payments of prize money.
TA/DA for prize winners, honoraria for penal of Judges and administrative expenses. The cheque/demand drait of the total requirement funds would be sent by Ministry of Home Alains by 31st December every year to the concerned authorities for payment to sctual winners provided requirement is recived in
13. MODE of PAYMENT: A single cheque demand draft for all the admissible expenses and prize money would be down in the name of the authority nominated for the purpose by the State Government/UT Administration
14. UTILISATION CERTIFICATE: Alerts are distributed to the winners, consolidated Utilisation Certificate to the effect that the prizes have been distributed to the actual winners must be sent to the Ministry of Home Affairs by 31st March of the financial e gostively by the concerned Authorities of each state in the prescribed profonna (Anexure
15. ADDRESS for CORRESPONDENCE: All the correspondence may be made at the following address: Joint Secretary Internal Security Division
Ministry of Home Affairs
North Block, New Delhi-110 001