Saakshar Bharat Awards Notification: National Literacy Mission Authority Ministry of Human Resource Development Department of School Education and Literacy Government of India has given Saakshar Bharat Awards – 2020 notification and invites applications from the institutions.
SAAKSHAR BHARAT AWARDS:
National Literacy Mission Authority, Government of India has instituted Saakshar Bharat Awards to encourage institutions working in the field of literacy and skill development. The awards will be presented on the occasion of International Literacy Day on September 8, 2020.
Applications are invited for Saakshar Bharat Awards – 2020 for the following categories:
- State – State Literacy Mission Authorities (SLMAs)
- District – Zilla Lok Shiksha Samitis (ZLSSs)
- Gram Panchayat – Gram Lok Shiksha Samitis (GLSSs)
- Resource Support Organisations like University Dept. of Adult and Continuing Education, SRCs, JSSs, NGOs and other organisations.
The Saakshar Bharat Awards applications will be scrutinized and finalized by a specially constituted jury. Separate application should be made for each category of Award. The prescribed application forms are available on SNDT Women’s University website: sndt.ac.in
How to Apply: Saakshar Bharat Awards Notification:
Hard copy of the application duly filled along with all necessary supporting documents, evidence and photographs should be forwarded through SLMA for awards mentioned at S.No.1 to 3.
Applications for award at S.No.4 ‘Resource Support Organisations (University Deptts. of Adult and Continuing Education, SRCs, JSSs, NGOs and other organisations) should be sent directly. The category of award should be clearly indicated on the top of envelope.
The applications should reach the address given below on or before July 27, 2020 by 04.00 p.m. through Speed Post (Indian Postal Services) only. Application received after the due date will not be entertained and influence in any form will be treated as disqualification.
Director, Department of Continuing and Adult Education and Extension Work, S.N.D.T. Women’s University, First Floor, Patkar Hall Building, 1, Nathibai Thackersey Road, Mumbai- 400 020. India.
Achievements under Saakshar Bharat
- Programme rolled out in rural areas of 397 Low Female Literacy Districts in 26 States and one Union Territory since 2009.
- 31.41 million learners (including 22.53 million females) successfully passed the basic literacy assessments conducted from 2010 by National Institute of Open Schooling upto August, 2014.
- Certified learners also include 7.40 million Scheduled Castes (23.58%), 4.06 million Scheduled Tribes (12.93%) and 2.57 million Minorities (8.19%).
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details