OD Facility to Attend Departmental Tests, On Duty (OD) facility to attend APPSC or TSPSC Departmental Tests and Letter For Applying for OD Facility to Appear for the Departmental Tests.
OD Facility to Attend Departmental Tests and Application Form for Applying for attending Tests, On Duty (OD) Application Form. On Duty (OD)Facility has been provided as per FR 9(6) sub-clause (b)(iii) of Fundamental Rules for attending Departmental Tests conducted by TSPSC/APPSC.
Necessity of Departmental Tests:
1. Every Government employee has to attend Department Tests for further promotions or for Grant of Automatic advancement Scheme (AAS) Scale and other benefits.
2. This is compulsory for all Government employees.
3. For the Teachers have to pass the following Departmental Tests to get the promotion to Panel Grade Headmasters
(PG HM Gr-II or PG HM Gr-I):
i) Gazetted Officers of Education Department Test (GOT)
Paper code: 88 & 97 and
ii) Accounts Test for Executive Officers (EOT)
Paper code: 141
4. These tests are Compulsory and obligatory for award of the following Automatic advancement Schemes.
i) Special Promotion Post-II (SPP-II) i.e., 24 Years Scale to SGTs and
ii) Special Promotion Post-IA (SPP-IA)i.e., 12 Scale to School Assistants.
5. Similarly the Special Language Test-Telugu (Higher Standard) (Paper Code: 37 ) is also useful for the teachers who opted other than Telugu subject as second language in Intermediate/ Graduation.
On Duty Facility:
1. On Duty Facility provided as per AP Fundamental Rules -FR 9(6) sub-clause (b) (iii) to attend APPSC Departmental Tests.
2. For attending these Departmental Tests, the Fundamental Rules provide “On Duty Facility for appearing these exams for Twice only”.
3. The Subsidiary Rules under Rule 9 (6) sub-clause (b)(iii) of Part-I Chapter-II of AP Fundamental Rules and Subsidiary Rules is as follows:
“The number of days actually required by a Government servant for proceeding to and returning from the station at which an obligatory departmental examination or an optional departmental examination which he is permitted to attend is held will be treated as a period of duty in addition to the day or days of examination. The concession shall not be granted more than twice for the optional examination”.
4. As per above Rule , we should note that Now-a-days it takes only hours of journey, as these departmental tests are conducted in every district headquarters. So that, only the Examination day can be treated as period of duty.
Sanctioning Authority & Application:
1. Authorised persons to sanction the On Duty facility to teachers as follows:
i) If the Teacher working in Primary or Upper Primary schools, MEO is the Sanctioning Authority.
ii) If the Teacher working in High schools, Concerned school HM is the Sanctioning Authority.
2. For that, the concerned applicant has to apply to the leave sanctioning authority along with the Xerox copy of Hall Ticket for sanction of OD facility on the examination day.
Letter For Applying for OD Facility to Appear for Departmental Tests:
Sub: Request for Sanction of OD (Period of Duty) facility to appear for Dept Tests going to…………be held on……………..Reg.
Ref: 1) FR 9(6) Sub-clause (b)(iii) of FR
2) Hall Ticket Issued by APPSC.
In accordance with the reference cited above, I namely,——————— working as ———in—————————————— School, request you to kindly sanction On-Duty (Perioda of Duty) on——————— to appear for Dept. Tests GOT/EOT Code ( —————).
This is the 1st time / 2nd time that I am going to appear for the Dept. tests.
x x x x x x x x
1.Hall Ticket issued by APPSC.