OD Facility to Attend Departmental Tests, On Duty (OD) facility to attend APPSC or TSPSC Departmental Tests and Letter For Applying for OD Facility to Appear for the Departmental Tests.
OD Facility to Attend Departmental Tests and Application Form for Applying for attending Tests, On Duty (OD) Application Form. On Duty (OD)Facility has been provided as per FR 9(6) sub-clause (b)(iii) of Fundamental Rules for attending Departmental Tests conducted by TSPSC/APPSC.
Necessity of Departmental Tests:
1. Every Government employee has to attend Department Tests for further promotions or for Grant of Automatic advancement Scheme (AAS) Scale and other benefits.
2. This is compulsory for all Government employees.
3. For the Teachers have to pass the following Departmental Tests to get the promotion to Panel Grade Headmasters (PG HM Gr-II or PG HM Gr-I):
i) Gazetted Officers of Education Department Test (GOT) Paper code: 88 & 97 and
ii) Accounts Test for Executive Officers (EOT) Paper code: 141
4. These tests are Compulsory and obligatory for award of the following Automatic advancement Schemes.
i) Special Promotion Post-II (SPP-II) i.e., 24 Years Scale to SGTs and
ii) Special Promotion Post-IA (SPP-IA) i.e., 12 Years Scale to School Assistants.
5. Similarly the Special Language Test-Telugu (Higher Standard) (Paper Code: 37 ) is also useful for the teachers who opted other than Telugu subject as second language in Intermediate/ Graduation.
On Duty Facility:
1. On Duty Facility provided as per AP Fundamental Rules – FR 9(6) sub-clause (b) (iii) to attend APPSC Departmental Tests.
2. For attending these Departmental Tests, the Fundamental Rules provide “On Duty Facility for appearing these exams for Twice only”.
3. The Subsidiary Rules under Rule 9 (6) sub-clause (b)(iii) of Part-I Chapter-II of AP Fundamental Rules and Subsidiary Rules is as follows:
“The number of days actually required by a Government servant for proceeding to and returning from the station at which an obligatory departmental examination or an optional departmental examination which he is permitted to attend is held will be treated as a period of duty in addition to the day or days of examination. The concession shall not be granted more than twice for the optional examination“.
4. As per above Rule , we should note that Now-a-days it takes only hours of journey, as these departmental tests are conducted in every district headquarters. So that, only the Examination day can be treated as period of duty.
Sanctioning Authority & Application:
1. Authorized persons to sanction the On Duty facility to teachers as follows:
i) If the Teacher working in Primary or Upper Primary schools, MEO is the Sanctioning Authority.
ii) If the Teacher working in High schools, Concerned school HM is the Sanctioning Authority.
2. For that, the concerned applicant has to apply to the leave sanctioning authority along with the Xerox copy of Hall Ticket for sanction of OD facility on the examination day.
Letter For Applying for OD Facility to Appear for Departmental Tests:
Sub: Request for Sanction of OD (Period of Duty) facility to appear for Dept Tests going to…………be held on……………..Reg.
Ref: 1) FR 9(6) Sub-clause (b)(iii) of FR
2) Hall Ticket Issued by APPSC.
In accordance with the reference cited above, I namely,——————— working as ———in—————————————— School, request you to kindly sanction On-Duty (Perioda of Duty) on——————— to appear for Dept. Tests GOT/EOT Code ( —————).
This is the 1st time / 2nd time that I am going to appear for the Dept. tests.
x x x x x x x x
1.Hall Ticket issued by APPSC/TSPSC.
Why write departmental exams?
As per the (a) GO Ms No. 10, SE Dept, Dated 23.01.2009, (b) GO Ms No. 20, SE Dept, Dated 27.01.2009 And According to GO Ms No 23, Dated: 28.01.2009 must have passed the following four departmental tests for 12 years scale sanction in School Assistant and LFL HM category and for 24 year scale sanction in SGT / LP / PET equivalent categories.
1. Departmental Tests for Gazetted Officers of the Edn Dept. (GOT)
2. Account Test for Executive Officers. (EOT)
3. Special Language Test for the Officers of the Education Department in Telugu Higher Standard. (Exemption: Those who have studied Telugu as a subject at Intermediate or its equivalent or Higher Degree level are not required to write this test. There is an exception.)
4. Special Language Test for the Officers of the Education Department in Hindi / Urdu of Lower Standard. (Exemption: Those who have studied HINDI / URDU as a subject in SSC exam or equivalent or later levels are not required to write this test. There is an exception. All are Hindi or Urdu is compulsorily studied as a second language in Tenth. Therefore, Exemption from this test is applicable to almost everyone.)
On Duty (OD) for Teachers
SGT Equivalent Cadre, School Assistant Equivalent Cadre Teachers must pass the EOT, GOT in these four Departmental tests for the Grant of Automatic advancement Scheme (AAS) Scales.
Therefore, all categories of teachers have unlimited On duty to write these two tests. Are the other two departmental tests compulsory? are not? it Is based on the qualifications of the respective teachers. High school HMs and MEOs should look at the certificates and make a decision in this regard.
It is fair to give government-provided OD facility to employees and teachers to write Departmental Tests. It is unfair to refuse with a misunderstanding to write DTs.
OD letter for Departmental tests
- Can teachers write Departmental Tests on OD?
Yes, Teachers can write Departmental Tests on OD.
- If it is possible to write Departmental Tests on OD?
Yes, It is possible to write Departmental Tests on OD.
- Which Departmental Tests have this OD facility?
On Duty (OD) facility is available for attending EOT, GOT etc., Departmental Tests which are mandatory (Obligatory)
- How many times teachers can write departmental tests on OD?
As per the rule, The concession shall not be granted more than twice for the optional examination. There is no limit to write mandatory (Obligatory) departmental tests. It should be considered as the On duty many times!
- Which Departmental Tests should be considered as OD?
According to FR 9 (6) Sub- Rule (b) (iii), The period for attending the departmental examinations which are mandatory (Obligatory) should be considered as the On duty.
Optional tests are considered to be only two times as the On duty. If more than two, these tests have to be written on leave.
- Who should write the departmental tests?
Every Government employee has to attend Department Tests for further promotions or for Grant of Automatic advancement Scheme (AAS) Scale and other benefits.
- Why should teachers write departmental tests?
School Assistant and LFL HM category teachers should write departmental test for getting 12 years scale (Special Promotion Post-IA (SPP-IA)) and SGT / LP / PET equivalent category teachers should write departmental tests for getting 24 years scale (Special Promotion Post-II (SPP-II))
If you have any doubts please write in this page under comments section.
1 thought on “OD Facility to Attend Departmental Tests & Application Form download from here”
Beautiful important information.