The ONGC Recruitment 2020 notification has been released at ongcindia.com. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited, ONGC has invited applications from candidates to apply for Apprentice posts.
Eligible candidates can apply online through the official site of ONGC at ongcindia.com. The last date to apply for the post is till August 17. This recruitment drive will fill up 4182 posts in the organisation.
ONGC, which is engaged in exploration and production of oil and gas in India and abroad, proposes to engage apprentices at its offices in Mumbai as a measure of skill building initiative for the nation, said the official notification released by the Public Sector Undertaking.
ONGC is conducting the recruitment drive to fill 4182 vacancies of apprentices. Out of which, 1579 vacancies are for Western Sector, 764 for Mumbai Sector, 716 for Eastern Sector, 674 for Southern Sector, 228 for Northern Sector, and 221 for Central Sector.
A candidate should be between 18 to 24 years old. The upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates for the trades reserved for them. Candidates belonging to PwBD categories shall be given age relaxation upto 10 years (15 years for SC/ST and 13 years for OBC (NCL)).
ONGC Recruitment 2023 – Details
|Recruitment Name||ONGC Recruitment 2023|
|Recruitment Details||ONGC Recruitment 2023 on Apprentice Vacancies|
|Recruitment Level||National Level|
|Job Name||Apprentice posts|
|Closing date of application||17 Aug|
The recruitment for Trade & Technician Apprentice vacancies will be for 21 work centers across the nation. Candidates who want to apply for the post can check eligibility, selection process and vacancy break up here.
|Sector||Number of Posts|
|Northern Sector||228 Posts|
|Mumbai Sector||764 Posts|
|Western Sector||1579 Posts|
|Eastern Sector||716 Posts|
|Southern Sector||674 Posts|
|Central Sector||221 Posts|
Educational Qualification & Age Limit: The age limit of the candidate should be between 18 years to 24 years of age. The educational qualification can be checked by candidates on the Official Notification.
- Accountant: Bachelors degree (Graduation) in Commerce from a Govt. recognized institute/University.
- Assistant-Human Resource: Bachelors degree (Graduation) in B.A. or B.B.A from a Govt. recognized institute/ University.
- Secretarial Assistant: ITI in Secretarial Assistant trade.
- Computer Operator and Programming Assistant (COPA): ITI in COPA Trade.
- Draughtsman (Civil): ITI in Draughtsman (Civil) Trade.
- Electrician: ITI in Electrician Trade.
- Electronics Mechanic: ITI in Electronics Mechanic.
- Fitter: ITI in Fitter.
- Instrument Mechanic: ITI in Instrument Mechanic.
- Information & Communication Technology System Maintenance: ITI in Information & Communication Technology System Maintenance.
- Laboratory Assistant (Chemical Plant): B.Sc with PCM or PCB. ITI in Lab. Asst (Chemical Plant) trade.
- Machinist: ITI in Machinist Trade.
- Mechanic (Motor Vehicle): ITI in Mechanic Motor Vehicle trade.
- Mechanic Diesel: ITI in Mechanic Diesel trade.
- Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic: ITI in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic trade.
- Surveyor: ITI in Surveyor Trade.
- Welder: ITI passed out in the trade of Welder (Gas & Electric).
- Civil, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical: Diploma in the respective disciplines of Engineering.
The applicant must have obtained a minimum 45% marks in aggregate for General & OBC candidates and 40% marks in aggregate in case of SC/ST/PwBD candidates against reserved positions.
Age Limit: Candidates should be between 18 to 24 years of age.
Candidates who want to apply for Apprentice posts need to have ITI certificate in the required discipline for applying for the post. The other information-important dates, selection process and vacancy details are provide here.
The selection process of apprentice would be based on the basis of marks obtained and Merit drawn. In case of a similar number in merit, a person with higher age would be considered. Candidates can check for more related details through the official site of ONGC.
How to apply: Candidates can apply for the post through the official link given below. The duration of the training is for 12 months for all disciplines. The registration process has two steps- Part I and Part II. Apart from the above link, candidates can also check ongcindia.com to apply for the same and for other related details.
Application process: The candidates can apply through online mode only till August 17, 2020.
- Opening date of application: July 29
- Closing date of application: August 17
- Date of Result/Selection: August 24
The trades and number of seats mentioned above are tentative which may change without prior notice, said the official notification regarding ONGC apprentice recruitment.