ONGC Scholarships to Meritorious SC/ST Students: 1000 ONGC Scholarships 2020 to Meritorious SC, ST Students. ONGC Scholarships for SC and ST Students. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has announced that 1000 Scholarships worth Rs.48,000 per annum each to Scheduled Caste(SC) and Scheduled Tribe(ST) students in various courses.
The scholarship will be given to students pursuing courses in engineering, medicine as well as master courses in business administration, geology and geophysics. 50 per cent of these scholarships are reserved for girls students. The details as followed.
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) Foundation invites applications for ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious SC/ST Students 2020-2021. All SC/ST students pursuing professional courses such as Engineering, Medical, MBA, Geology and Geophysics are eligible for this scholarship. The aim of this scholarship is to provide financial support to the meritorious students belonging to the marginalized sections of the society. Selected 1,000 students will receive a scholarship of INR 48,000 each on an annual basis.
Name of The Scholarship: ONGC Scholarships.
|Detail||Rules For Scheme|
|Gender||This scheme is only applicable for Male / Female students.|
|Course||This scheme is only applicable for Full Time/Regular students|
|Date of Birth||DOB Rule 30 as on 1 Jan 2020|
|Marks||Candidate should have obtained minimum 60% marks in the 12th class for Engineering and MBBS disciplines. Overall grade point Average (OGPA/CGPA) of minimum 6.0 in 10 points scale of grading system.|
|Income Criteria||Income not to exceed 2 lakh Per Annum|
1. The scholarships are open for studies in India and for Indian nationals only. Candidate should be a student of 1st year of Graduate Engineering or MBBS courses or 1st year of Masters degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA. The scholarship shall be admissible only for pursuing full-time regular courses by ISC /CBSE /MCI AICTE /UGC/Association of India Universities/State Education Boards/State Government/Central Government.
2. Students pursuing four years of Engineering/MBBS courses and Two years Masters course in Business Administration & Masters degree in Geology/ Geophysics are eligible. Candidate should have obtained minimum 60% marks in 12th class for Engineering and MBBS disciplines. Similarly, 60% marks are necessary for graduation for P.G. Courses i.e. Geology/Geophysics/MBA. Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA/CGPA) of minimum 6.0 in 10 points scale of the grading system.
3. The specific zone where a student can apply for scholarship shall be decided on the basis of the location of University/College/Institute in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination (i.e. 12th class for Graduate courses and Graduation degree for Post Graduate courses) irrespective of the domicile of the student. The gross annual income of the family of the candidate from all sources should not be more than Rs 4.50 lakhs per annum (i.e. Rs.37,500/- per month).
4. The candidates should not be availing or intend to avail any other financial assistance/scholarship from any other source. However, in case of a student of getting fee waiver/ reimbursement of tuition fees from any of the State governments are eligible for applying for the scholarships
The age limit of the applicant is maximum 30 years as on 1st of October, 2019 for the Academic Session.
Zone wise distribution of no.s. of scholarships:
|Zone 1 (North)||J&K, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh||100|
|Zone 2 (West)||Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Haveli||100|
|Zone 3 (North East)||Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura||100|
|Zone 4 (East)||Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal||100|
|Zone 5 (South)||Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Pudducherry, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands||100|
Results: The final list of the beneficiaries of the scholarship shall be posted on website www.ongcindia.com by the second week of December of every year. The continuation of scholarships once awarded shall be subject to satisfactory performance in each year’s annual examination and conduct of the candidate.
The scholarship shall not be paid for the year where the student fails to maintain the scale of 5 grade points out of 10 grade points scale or secure less than 50% in the examination, as the case may be. The award of the scholarship shall not confer any right of employment with ONGC group of companies or its joint ventures.
Necessary Documents for Applying:
What are the documents required for the ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious SC/ST Students 2019-20?
- Certified copy of Caste Certificate in Hindi/English
- Copy of Birth Certificate/Class 10 Mark sheet as proof of age
- Copy of Class 12 mark sheet in case of Engineering/MBBS students
- Copy of Graduation mark sheet in case of MBA/Master’s in Geology/Geophysics students
- Certified copy of annual income certificate of the family in Hindi/English language
- Bank details of the applicant in the ECS form as prescribed
- Copy of PAN card or the tentative date for submission of PAN card copy (in case it is not available)
Terms and Conditions
50% scholarships are reserved for girl students.
Students need to maintain a minimum of 60% or 6 grade points out of 10 in each year’s semester examination to ensure the continuation of the scholarship. The selected candidate must not be availing the benefits of any other scholarship or financial assistance from any other source. However, students receiving tuition fee waiver/reimbursement of tuition fees from the State Government are eligible for ONGC Merit scholarship.
The scholarship is admissible for full-time regular courses only.
The total number of scholarships is equally distributed in five different Students must ensure they provide the active bank account details which should not likely to be changed later after selection.
Active Mobile number and email are requested to be provided.
The specific zone where a student can apply for this scholarship depends on the location of the University/Institute/College in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination.
How to Apply:
The candidate fulfilling the above criteria may submit their application in the prescribed ‘Application format’ which can be downloaded from ONGC’s website https://ongcscholar.org/ (www.ongcindia.com).
Complete application with all the supporting documents as mentioned in the application form duly certified and forwarded by their Head/Principal/ Dean of the Institute/ College/University, should reach the designated office of ONGC as per the details given in application Format.
Last date to Apply for ONGC Scholarships (Not announced yet) for SC, ST Students