ONGC Scholarship 2021 to Meritorious Students for SC/ST/OBC/General Category notification has been released by the Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited on its ONGC Scholar Website, https://ongcindia.com. Students who are belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), Other than Backward Casts and General Category (EWS) can check details and apply for 2000 ONGC Merit Scholarships through online mode on the ONGC Scholarship Website, https://ongcscholar.org.
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) Foundation invites online applications for ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious SC/ST Students 2020-2021. All SC/ST/OBC/EWS students who are pursuing professional courses such as Engineering, Medical, MBA, Geology and Geophysics are eligible for this scholarship.
The aim of this Scholarship is to provide financial support to the meritorious students belonging to the marginalized sections of the society. Selected 2,000 students will receive a scholarship of INR 48,000 each on an annual basis.
ONGC Scholarship Highlights
- ONGC has announced that 2000 Scholarships for Meritorious students.
- 2000 ONGC Scholarships to SC, ST, OBC, EWS Meritorious students.
- Rs.48,000 Scholarship per annum to each student in various courses.
- The scholarship will be given to students pursuing courses in engineering, medicine as well as master courses in business administration, geology and geophysics.
- 50 per cent of these scholarships are reserved for girls students.
2000 ONGC Scholarships
|Name of the scholarship||ONGC Scholarship 2021|
|Title||Apply for 2020 ONGC Scholarships 2021|
|Subject||ONGC Foundation released ONGC Merit Scholarship 2021 notification|
|ONGC Merit Scholarship 2021||Steps to Fill ONGC Online Application Form 2021|
Eligibility for ONGC Scholarship:
The scholarships are open for studies in India and for Indian nationals only. Candidate should be a student of 1st year of Graduate Engineering or MBBS courses or 1st year of Masters degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA. The scholarship shall be admissible only for pursuing full-time regular courses by ISC /CBSE /MCI AICTE /UGC/Association of India Universities/State Education Boards/State Government/Central Government.
Students pursuing four years of Engineering/MBBS courses and Two years Masters course in Business Administration & Masters degree in Geology/ Geophysics are eligible. Candidate should have obtained minimum 60% marks in 12th class for Engineering and MBBS disciplines. Similarly, 60% marks are necessary for graduation for P.G. Courses i.e. Geology/Geophysics/MBA. Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA/CGPA) of minimum 6.0 in 10 points scale of the grading system.
The specific zone where a student can apply for scholarship shall be decided on the basis of the location of University/College/Institute in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination (i.e. 12th class for Graduate courses and Graduation degree for Post Graduate courses) irrespective of the domicile of the student. The gross annual income of the family of the candidate from all sources should not be more than Rs 4.50 lakhs per annum (i.e. Rs.37,500/- per month).
The candidates should not be availing or intend to avail any other financial assistance/ scholarship from any other source. However, in case of a student of getting fee waiver/ reimbursement of tuition fees from any of the State governments are eligible for applying for the scholarships
Age Limit: The age limit of the applicant is maximum 30 years as on 1st of July, 2020 for the Academic Session.
Rules for ONGC Scholarship Scheme
|Detail||Rules For Scheme|
|Gender||This scheme is only applicable for Male / Female students.|
|Course||This scheme is only applicable for Full Time/Regular students|
|Date of Birth||DOB Rule 30 as on 1 Jan 2020|
|Marks (Percentile)||Candidate should have obtained minimum 60% marks in the 12th class for Engineering and MBBS disciplines. Overall grade point Average (OGPA/CGPA) of minimum 6.0 in 10 points scale of grading system.|
|Income Criteria||Income not to exceed 2 lakh Per Annum|
Zone wise distribution of ONGC Scholarships:
The number of scholarship to be awarded in each zone shall be 200. However, in the event of lesser applications received from any particular zone for the academic year under consideration, the left over scholarship shall be distributed.
|Zone 1 (North)||J&K, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh|
|Zone 2 (West)||Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Haveli|
|Zone 3 (North East)||Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura|
|Zone 4 (East)||Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal|
|Zone 5 (South)||Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Pudducherry, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands|
|Zone 1 (North)||200||100||100|
|Zone 2 (West)||200||100||100|
|Zone 3 (North East)||200||100||100|
|Zone 4 (East)||200||100||100|
|Zone 5 (South)||200||100||100|
|Total ONGC Scholarships||1000||500||500|
Category wise ONGC Scholarships:
|Category||No of Scholarships|
|SC/ST Category students||1000|
|OBC Category students||500|
|General Category students||500|
|Total ONGC Scholarships||2000|
Course wise ONGC Scholarships
2000 scholarships worth Rs 48,000/- per annum each ONGC Foundation offers scholarships to meritorious SC/ST/OBC/General category students pursuing professional courses in Engineering, Medical stream and Master’s degree course in Business Administration, Geology and geophysics.
|Engineering (4 Years)||494||300||300|
|MBBS (4 Years)||90||50||50|
|MBA (4 Years)||146||50||50|
|Masters in Geology/ Geophysics (2 Years)||270||100||100|
|Total ONGC Scholarships||1000||500||500|
Terms and Conditions for ONGC Merit Scholarship
- 50% scholarships are reserved for girl students.
- Students need to maintain a minimum of 60% or 6 grade points out of 10 in each year’s semester examination to ensure the continuation of the scholarship.
- The selected candidate must not be availing the benefits of any other scholarship or financial assistance from any other source.
- However, students receiving tuition fee waiver/reimbursement of tuition fees from the State Government are eligible for ONGC Merit scholarship.
- The scholarship is admissible for full-time regular courses only.
- The total number of scholarships is equally distributed in five different Students must ensure they provide the active bank account details which should not likely to be changed later after selection.
- Active Mobile number and email are requested to be provided.
- The specific zone where a student can apply for this scholarship depends on the location of the University/ Institute/ College in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination.
Necessary Documents for Applying:
What are the documents required for the ONGC Scholarship to Meritorious Students?.
- Certified copy of Caste Certificate in Hindi/English
- Copy of Birth Certificate/Class 10 Mark sheet as proof of age
- Copy of Class 12 mark sheet in case of Engineering/MBBS students
- Copy of Graduation mark sheet in case of MBA/Master’s in Geology/Geophysics students
- Certified copy of annual income certificate of the family in Hindi/English language
- Bank details of the applicant in the ECS form as prescribed
- Copy of PAN card or the tentative date for submission of PAN card copy (in case it is not available)
How to Apply for ONGC Scholarship 2021
The candidate fulfilling the eligibility criteria may submit their application in the prescribed ‘Application format’ which can be downloaded from ONGC’s website https://ongcscholar.org/ (www.ongcindia.com).
Complete application with all the supporting documents as mentioned in the application form duly certified and forwarded by their Head/Principal/ Dean of the Institute/ College/University, should reach the designated office of ONGC as per the details given in application Format. Last date to Apply for ONGC Scholarships for SC, ST Students: 06-08-2021
Selection Procedure for ONGC Scholarship:
- Selection of candidate will be made on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination prescribed for each eligible course of study.
- In case of students having equal marks in the qualifying examination students with lower family income will be selected.
- Preference shall be given to students from below poverty line (BPL) families and other students shall be considered only if sufficient number of students from BPL families fulfilling the eligibility criteria is not available.
Disbursement of ONGC Scholarship:
- The scholarship will cover lump sum amount of Rs 4000/- (Four Thousand) per month i.e. Rs 48000/- Per Annum
- The amount shall be paid on yearly basis after completion of the academic year.
- The amount of scholarship will be deposited directly in the bank account of students through ECS facility.
- In case the student opts for any different scholarship subsequently after award of ONGC Scholarship, he/she should have to refund the entire scholarship amount received from ONGC Foundation.
ONGC Scholarship Result 2021
The final list of the beneficiaries of the scholarship shall be posted on website www.ongcindia.com by the second week of December of every year. The continuation of scholarships once awarded shall be subject to satisfactory performance in each year’s annual examination and conduct of the candidate.
The scholarship shall not be paid for the year where the student fails to maintain the scale of 5 grade points out of 10 grade points scale or secure less than 50% in the examination, as the case may be. The award of the scholarship shall not confer any right of employment with ONGC group of companies or its joint ventures.
FAQs on ONGC Merit Scholarship
- What is ONGC scholarship?
ONGC scholarship scheme means, scholarships is to provide financial support to the meritorious belonging to SC/ST/OBC/ economically weaker General category. It is an exclusive scholarship opportunity for students who are studying in the first year of Engineering, MBBS, MBA or Master in Geophysics/Geology programme.
- How many scholarships are available under this scheme?
Total 2000 ONGC Scholarships are available for meritorious students.
- How much is scholarship amount per annum?
Each selected student will receive a scholarship of INR 48,000 on an annual basis to enable them to complete their education.
- How many scholarships for SC/ST Students?
There are 1000 ONGC scholarships are available for SC/ST meritorious students.
- How many scholarships for OBC Students?
There are 500 ONGC scholarships are available for OBC meritorious students.
- How many scholarships for General Category Students?
There are 500 ONGC scholarships are available for economically weaker section General category (EWS) meritorious students.
- What are ONGC Meritorious scholarships?
ONGC Meritorious Scholarships are financial assistance provided to students in various formats to cover their academic and related expenses. Scholarships are provided mainly for three purposes, to promote talent, to provide financial assistance and to keep students from dropping out of education system.
- How does the student get the scholarship amount?
Student get the scholarship amount through the given bank account.
- Is bank account necessary for getting scholarship amount?
Yes, in order to get the direct benefit, students would need to provide authentic details of their bank account while applying for the scholarship as per the detailed format mentioned.
- How many scholarships can a single student avail?
Students cannot avail more than one ONGC Merit Scholarship at the same time. Students can, however, renew the scholarship again after the tenure of one scholarship ends. They can also apply for a different scholarship after the scholarship duration for one scholarship has ended.
- Will scholarship help students in getting a job in future?
No, there is no direct relation between jobs and scholarships. ONGC Merit scholarship offer students a chance to obtain the best possible education, irrespective of their financial or social status.
- Which organisation is providing ONGC Merit Scholarship?
ONGC Foundation is providing ONGC Merit Scholarship. Students are selected for scholarship benefits on the basis of either of the fulfilling criteria laid by the ONGC Foundation.