ONGC Scholarships to OBC, EBC General Meritorious Students. ONGC Scholarships to Meritorious Economically Backwards General and OBC Category students. Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) has announced that 1000 scholarships worth Rs.48,000 per annum each to OBC students in various courses.
ONGC Foundation scholarship scheme for meritorious belonging to General category is an exclusive scholarship opportunity for students belonging to the OBC category and the marginalized sections of the society who are studying in the first year of Engineering, MBBS, MBA or Master in Geophysics/Geology programme.
The aim of this scholarship is to provide financial support to the meritorious students belonging to the marginalized sections of the society and the economically weaker General Category. Selected 500 students will receive a scholarship of INR 48,000 each on an annual basis to enable them to complete their education.
1000 ONGC Scholarships under ONGC Foundation scholarship Scheme:
- 500 ONGC Scholarships to EBC General Meritorious Students (EBC General Category students)
- 500 ONGC Scholarships to OBC Meritorious Students (OBC Category Students)
ONGC Scholarship scheme 2020
|Scholarship Name||ONGC Scholarship scheme 2020|
|Organization||Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)|
|Educational qualification||Intermediate passed or graduated|
|Scholarship amount||Rs 48000 per year|
|Application Submission Status||Started|
|Last date for registration||05 March 2020|
|Minimum age limit||18 years|
ONGC Scholarships, ONGC Scholarships to meritorious students, ONGC Online application form, last date for apply, Scholarships Results, ONGC scholarships to OBC and General students and more details here.
The scholarship will be given to students pursuing courses in engineering, medicine as well as master courses in business administration, geology and geophysics. 50 per cent of these scholarships are reserved for girls students. The details as followed.
ONGC for higher education. ONGC contributes to the higher education of economically disadvantaged students. OBC and EBC candidates enrolled in UG and PG courses in the form of scholarships. Allocating these based on merit.
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) offers over a thousand scholarships to promote the OBC and the economically disadvantaged. They are issued scholarships separately 500 for OBCs and 500 EBCs each. 50% of scholarships are reserved for women in both disciplines. Advertisement to apply. Scholarships will be awarded until the completion of the course at a cost of Rs. 48,000 per year.
|Rules for Scheme|
|Gender||This scheme is only applicable for Male / Female students.|
|Course||This scheme is only applicable for Full Time/Regular students|
|Date of Birth||DOB Rule 30 as on 1st January 2020|
|Marks||Candidate should have obtained minimum 60% marks in the 12th class for Engineering and MBBS disciplines. Overall grade point average (OGPA/CGPA) of minimum 6.0 in 10 points scale of grading system.|
|Category||OBC and General|
|Income Criteria||Income not to exceed 2 lakh Per Annum|
Name of The Scholarship: ONGC Scholarships to OBC and EBC General Students
No.of Scholarships: 500 for OBC and 500 for EBC General
Scholarship distribution: 50% to Girls and 50% to Boys and Girls
Scholarship amount: 48,000/-
500* scholarships worth Rs. 48,000/- per annum each ONGC Foundation offers scholarships to meritorious economically weaker General category students pursuing professional courses in Engineering, Medical stream and Master’s degree course in Business Administration, Geology and geophysics. Note: *50 % scholarships are reserved for girl students under Scheme.
|STREAM||DURATION OF THE COURSE||NO. OF SCHOLARSHIPS||QUALIFYING EXAMINATION||TOTAL SCHOLARSHIP AMOUNT ANNUALLY|
|MASTERS IN GEOLOGY/ GEOPHYSICS||2 YEARS||100||GRADUATION||48000|
Zone wise distribution of no.s. of scholarships:
|Zone 1 (North)||J&K, Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Chandigarh, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh||100|
|Zone 2 (West)||Maharashtra, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Goa, Daman & Diu, Dadar & Nagar Haveli||100|
|Zone 3 (North East)||Assam, Sikkim, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Meghalaya, Tripura||100|
|Zone 4 (East)||Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal||100|
|Zone 5 (South)||Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Pudducherry, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands||100|
The number of scholarship to be awarded in each zone shall be one hundred. However, in the event of lesser applications received from any particular zone for the academic year under consideration, the leftover scholarship shall be distributed.
|Academic qualification||Candidate should be a student of 1st year of Graduate Engineering or MBBS courses or 1st year of Master’s degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA. The scholarship shall be admissible only for pursuing full-time regular courses by AICTE/ MCI/UGC/Association of Indian Universities/State Education Boards/State Government/Central Government.|
|Percentile||Have secured a minimum 60% marks in class 12 for Engineering/MBBS course and a minimum of 60% marks in graduation for PG courses in Geology/Geophysics/MBA (Note: The minimum OGPA/CGPA should be 6.0 in 10 points scale of grading system)|
|Gross annual family income||Have a gross family income of less than INR 2 Lakhs per annum (i.e. INR 16,667 per month) from all sources.|
|Age limit||Not be more than 30 years of age as on 1st January 2020|
|Course type||Regular full-time course|
1. The scholarships are open for studies in India and for Indian nationals only. Candidate should be a student of 1st year of Graduate Engineering or MBBS courses or 1st year of Masters degree in Geology/Geophysics or MBA. The scholarship shall be admissible only for pursuing full-time regular courses by ISC /CBSE /MCI AICTE /UGC/Association of India Universities/State Education Boards/State Government/Central Government.
2. Students pursuing four years of Engineering/MBBS courses and Two years Masters course in Business Administration & Masters degree in Geology/ Geophysics are eligible. Candidate should have obtained minimum 60% marks in 12th class for Engineering and MBBS disciplines. Similarly, 60% marks are necessary for graduation for P.G. Courses i.e. Geology/Geophysics/MBA. Overall Grade Point Average (OGPA/CGPA) of minimum 6.0 in 10 points scale of the grading system.
3. The specific zone where a student can apply for scholarship shall be decided on the basis of the location of University/College/Institute in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination (i.e. 12th class for Graduate courses and Graduation degree for Post Graduate courses) irrespective of the domicile of the student. The gross annual income of a family of the candidate from all sources should not be more than Rs 4.50 lakhs per annum (i.e. Rs.37,500/- per month).
4. The candidates should not be availing or intend to avail any other financial assistance/scholarship from any other source. However, in case of a student of getting fee waiver/ reimbursement of tuition fees from any of the State governments are eligible for applying for the scholarships.
Age Limit: The age limit of the applicant is maximum 30 years as on 1st of October, 2020 for the Academic Session.
- Selection of the candidate will be made on the basis of aggregate marks obtained in the qualifying examination prescribed for each eligible course of study. In case of students having equal marks in the qualifying examination students with lower family income will be selected.
- Preference shall be given to students from below poverty line (BPL) families and other students shall be considered only if a sufficient number of students from BPL families fulfilling the eligibility criteria is not available.
Disbursement of Scholarship:
- The scholarship will cover lump sum amount of Rs 4000/- (Four Thousand) per month i.e. Rs 48000/- Per Annum
- The amount shall be paid on a yearly basis after completion of the academic year. The amount of scholarship will be deposited directly in the bank account of students through ECS facility.
- Once awarded, the scholarship shall be continued every year till the completion of the course subject to the promotion of the student to the next year of his/her course. The scholarship shall be discontinued if the candidate is not promoted to the next year by their respective Institute/College/University. For the continuation of the scholarship, the students will have to send an online ‘Application for renewal’ in the prescribed format.
- In case the student opts for any different scholarship subsequently after award of ONGC Foundation Scholarship, he/she should have to refund the entire scholarship amount received from ONGC Foundation.
Terms and Conditions:
- 50% scholarships are reserved for girl students.
- Students need to maintain a minimum of 60% or 6 grade points out of 10 in each year’s semester examination to ensure the continuation of the scholarship.
- The selected candidate must not be availing the benefits of any other scholarship or financial assistance from any other source.
- OBC caste certificate issued by competent government authorities is to be furnished.
- Students belonging to EBC General, OBC, SC/ST categories shall apply in their respective schemes as and when announced.
- The scholarship is admissible for full-time regular courses only.
- Students must ensure they provide the active bank account details which should not likely to be changed later after selection.
- Active Mobile number and email are requested to be provided.
- The specific zone where a student can apply for this scholarship depends on the location of the University/Institute/College in which the student was studying for the qualifying examination.
- The student shall be eligible for ONGC Foundation Scholarship scheme (if selected, as per the eligibility criteria) only for one course of study once in a lifetime.
- The decision of the ONGC Foundation with regard to selection will be final. No Correspondence on the selection process will be entertained.
- ONGC Foundation has the discretion to alter or discontinue the scholarship without any prior notice.
- The award of the scholarship shall not confer any right of employment with ONGC group of companies or its joint ventures.
- In case, of any information declared at the time of initial online application is found incorrect during scrutiny or thereafter, the application of such candidates shall be summarily rejected. Submission of false or modified information shall be a disqualifier and such students shall be barred from applying thereafter for ONGC Foundation Scholarship and reported to their Institution authorities. A comprehensive list of such debarred students will be maintained to identify any resubmission of application in subsequent years.
Results: The final list of the beneficiaries of the scholarship shall be posted on website www.ongcindia.com by the second week of March. The continuation of scholarships once awarded shall be subject to satisfactory performance in each year’s annual examination and conduct of the candidate. The scholarship shall not be paid for the year where the student fails to maintain the scale of 5 grade points out of 10-grade points scale or secure less than 50% in the examination, as the case may be. The award of the scholarship shall not confer any right of employment with ONGC group of companies or its joint ventures.
Documents required to be submitted by the applicants:
- Certified copy of Caste Certificate in Hindi/English.
- Copy of Birth Certificate/Class 10 Mark sheet as proof of age.
- Copy of Class 12 mark sheet in case of Engineering/MBBS students.
- Copy of consolidated Graduation mark sheet in case of MBA/Masters in Geology/Geophysics students.
- Certified copy of annual income certificate of the family in Hindi/English language.
- Bank details of the applicant in the ECS form attested by the bank as prescribed.
- Copy of PAN card or the tentative date for submission of PAN card copy (in case it is not available.
- For whom are these ONGC scholarships offered?
ONGC Scholarships For economically disadvantaged castes and OBC students studying in India.
- How many scholarships are offered for any course?
OBC and EBC are awarded scholarships for Engineering: 300, MBBS: 50, MBA: 50, Geology or Geophysics: 100. The country is divided into 5 zones and served from one zone to one hundred people. The zone will be determined by the college where the candidates are studying.
- How is the Selection Process?
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the course they are enrolled in
- What is the last date to apply?
March 5th is the last date to apply.
How to Apply: Candidates may submit their applications through online mode only at www.ongcindia.com. The candidate fulfilling the above criteria may submit their application in the prescribed ‘Application format’ which can be downloaded from ONGC’s website www.ongcindia.com
How to apply for ONGC scholarship 2020 for BC/EBC Meritorious Students: Candidates who are interested in applying for ONGC scholarship 2020-21, may follow these steps which are given below:
- Visit the official website of ONGC i.e. www.ongcindia.com or www.ongcscholar.org
- Now find the news & updates section and click on it.
- A notification will be displayed on your screen
- Click on the link that is headed by, advertisement of ONGC scholarship to meritorious SC/ST students for the year 2020-21.
- Now a page will open, which includes all the information regarding ONGC scholarship scheme 2020-2021.
- Read the piece of information carefully which is provided on this page.
- Now scroll down to the bottom of the page, to find the application form.
- Save this application form in your computer and take a printout copy of it.
- Now fill your application form as required or as per advertisement notification which you read on the very first page of the link section.
- Send this application form along with attested copies of all necessary documents as discussed in notification to ONGC Scholarship.
Complete application with all the supporting documents as mentioned in the application form duly certified and forwarded by their Head/Principal/ Dean of the Institute/ College/University should reach the designated office of ONGC as per the details given in application Format. (Last date for submission of duly completed application form is 05.03.2020)
Submission of applications start from /02/2020
Last date for submission of applications: 05/03/2020