How To Apply for PMRF Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship: The online application portal for PMRF December-2020 is now open. Check eligibility, important dates, how and where to apply. Inviting applications for the Prime Minister’s Research Fellows #PMRF. You may apply online on http://pmrf.in/.
Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship, PMRF applications would start on the official website. Candidates interested in applying are required to apply online on the official website pmrf.in.
PMRF was announced in the Union Budget2020 speech by Finance Minister Arun Jaitley. Under the scheme, 1000 students from IITs, NITs, IISER’s and centrally funded IIITs would be selected each year for Research Fellowship at any of the 23 IITs or Indian Institute of Science, IISc Bangalore. Check the eligibility, important dates, selection process, steps on how to apply as well as a direct link to apply online for PMRF-2020.
– Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship Scheme for Doctoral Studies (Ph.D.) in IITs and IISc aimed at attracting the best talent.
– PMRF for Promoting research in cutting-edge technology & science areas
– PMRF For Promoting research with a focus on national priorities
The students who are selected for the fellowship would be offered admission will be offered admission to the Ph.D. program in one of IITs or IISc. The students would also get a fellowship reward of Rs. 70,000 per month for the first two years, following which they would get Rs. 75,000 per month for the third year and Rs. 80,000 per month in the fourth year.
Also, each fellow would get Rs. 2.0 lakh per year for a period of 5 years to cover any academic contingency as well as expenses for international travel/ paper presentations, etc. The fellowship is aimed at selecting the best 1000 minds across various technical fields. Related News | Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship, PMRF to be given to 1000 best engineers from IITs, NITs, check details
Eligibility for Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship
As per the guidelines now available, final year students of IITs, NITs, IISERs, and centrally funded IIITs are eligible to apply. The students include those who are in the four-year undergraduate or five years integrated M.Tech. or integrated M.Sc. program in the said institutes. Students of these institutes who have been awarded degrees from in the past five years are also eligible to apply. Please note, students who have completed their bachelor’s from a different engineering college (not included in the list) but have completed their M.Tech from IIT or the listed institutes are NOT eligible to apply for the fellowship.
Also, candidates are required to have scored a minimum CGPA/CPI of 8.0 on a 10.0 scale. Please note, for the students in the integrated program or the dual degree program, the CGPA or CPI of the UG part (first four years) will be considered.
Selection Process for PMRF-2020
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria are required submit their details in the application form along with a project abstract of not more than 1000 words in a PDF format. The abstract should formulate a problem of study in the correct format with the name of the candidate on the top. The candidate is required to submit an original abstract in his/her own words. This abstract would be sued to assess the applicants’ analytical ability as well as research skills. Once shortlisted, the candidates would then have to appear in a GATE like a single entrance test for the chosen domain followed by an interview.
PMRF Application Fee:
There is an application fee of Rs 1000 for PMRF Online application form submission
The MHRD, GoI has invited applications for Prime Minister’s Research Fellows (PMRF) Programme for direct admission to the PhD programme at Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Indian Institutes of Science Education & Research (IISERs), Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and central universities (which are among the top 100 National Institutional Ranking Framework, NIRF ranked universities).
Who can apply?
Students who have completed or be pursuing the final year of four (or five) year undergraduate in science and technology streams from any institute/university recognized in India. Types of courses accepted:
a. Five years integrated MTech
b. Five years integrated MSc
c. 2-year MSc
d. Five-year undergraduate-postgraduate dual degree programmes
The candidates should have secured a CGPA/CPI of at least 8.0 (on a 10-point scale) or equivalent till the last semester. He or she should have secured a score of 750 or higher in the respective GATE subject. The required academic qualification should be in the preceding three years (i.e., 2017, 2018 and-2020).
Monthly stipend and other perks: Applicants who fulfill the eligibility criteria and are finally selected through a selection process will get a fellowship amount of Rs.70,000/- per month for the first two years. Rs.75,000/- per month for the 3rd year
How To Apply for PMRF Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship:
The candidates can check how to apply for the research fellowship from steps listed below. The lateral entry is for the candidates who are pursuing a PhD in PMRF granting institutions as per the new guidelines.
1. Candidates can start online applying at the official website.
2. The online application portal would be opened on pmrf.in and would be available
3. Candidates are required to fill the form, provide Aadhaar card details and other documents as may be asked in the application form.
4. The direct link to the website is also provided here. Candidates can go through the details, the FAQs and other important information provided on the website. Fee payment can be done online. Steps on payment of fee and how to fill the forms are also provided on the official website.
PMRF 2020: Steps to apply
- The candidates must visit the official website pmrf.in.
- The candidates ate supposed to click on the form link provided on the homepage
- You are required to fill the form, provide Aadhaar card details and other documents as may be asked in the application form
- The fee payment has to be done through online mode
- Fill the form and submit it and save a copy for future reference
- Related Articles: GATE Score requirements for PMRF Schemes reduced from 750 to 650, scheme to be provided by IITs, NITs