Rc.3380 Guidelines for Providing Transport Facility: The State Project Director, SSA, Telangana State has given proceedings Rc.no.3380 for providing transport facility to children for the year 2015-16 and in this subject certain instructions have been issued in reference of (1) AWP and B of TSSA for the Year 2015-16. (2) Minutes of the PAB meeting held on 05-02-2015 communicated by the Govt. of India, New Delhi. This proceedings details as follows
TSSA Proceedings Rc.3380, Transport Facility TS Schools Children, Telangana SSA SPD, Guidelines for Providing Transport Facility, utilisation norms, RTE rules, journey by Bus, mini Bus, Auto, unit cost per child per annum is 3000/- as per SSA norms
All the project officers of TSSA except Hyderabad in the state are informed that has to provide transport facility in AWP and B for the year 2015-16 to 20659 children in the age group of 6-14 years in remote habitations where establishment of a regular school is not viable within a walking distance of 1 Km in respect of primary school and 3 kms in respect of Upper Primary School. But, an amount of Rs.462.18 lakhs was approved by the Project Approved Board of SSA for 15406 children in the state. The district wise approved budget and total no.of children for transport facility during are as shown below:
District wise approved budget and total no.of children for transport facility
|S.No.||District||Physical Strength||Fin(Rs. in Lakhs)|
They are further informed that the detailed guidelines for utilisation of transport facility to the children are herewith communicated for taking necessary action. Therefore, they are requested to furnish the list of children entitled for transport charges along with their bank account numbers and AADHAR numbers in the following format so as to get approval of the State Project Director.
The Project Officers are requested to pay the transport charges to the eligible students through their bank accounts after approval of the of the list by the State Project Director.
Guidelines for Providing Transport Facility:
- Transport facility should be provided to the children in the habitations where there is no schooling facility for primary & upper primary within the neighbourhood of 1 km & 3 km. respectively as per RTE rules, if the journey is performed by Bus / mini Bus / Auto etc.
- Payment of transport charges shall not be made in respect of children having the free bus pass facility.
- This facility should be made available to the children who put in atleast 75% of attendance during a month. In case of the child not attended the school due to ill health the above condition may be relaxed basing on the discretion of Head Master.
- The unit cost per child per annum is 3000/- as per SSA norms. However only actual expenditure should be incurred without exceeding per child limit.
- The transport charges should be allowed only to the children studying in the nearest neighbourhood school managed by the Government / Local body. The children attending private schools are not entitled for this facility in any circumstances.
- If the budget is not approved in AWP&B 2015-16 for this facility, expenditure should not be incurred from other heads even though there is a requirement.
- The required budget should be released in two instalments i.e., one in July and another in December from District Project Office to the SMC accounts concerned directly through RTGS after obtaining the particulars of children eligible (School-wise) from the MEOs concerned.
- The Headmasters concerned should disburse the actual transportation charges to the parents concerned before 5th of every month only for the days children attended the school during the month and maintain acquaintance for payment. The records concerned may be kept in school for future audit. The Headmaster should furnish utilization certificate countersigned by the MEO concerned to the DPO by the given schedule for the concerned financial year. After actual payment is made, the balance amount if any should be remitted back.
- The MEO concerned should submit a report to the DPO containing the details of habitation-wise names of children who were paid transport charges, unit cost, list of nearest neighbourhood schools to which the children attended, total amount paid to the children (School-wise) during the year 2015-16 etc. Inturn, the Project Officers shall consolidate the mandal-wise reports furnished by MEOs and submit district report to the State Project Office as per schedule.