Role & Responsibilities in Telangana Ku Haritha Haaram: The Telangana State Government has initiated a flagship programme, “Telanganaku Haritha Haaram”(A Massive Plantation Programme) for taking massive afforestation activities to increase the green over of the Telangana State.
As a part of the Telanganaku Haritha Haaram programme, the Department of School Education has given instructions for implementation of Telangana Ku Haritha Haaram.
HM,Teachers and Students roles and responsibilities in implementation of Telanganaku Haritha Haaram – Haritha Patashala Program( Green Telangana- Green Schools) under Green Telangana- Green School Program
Role of the Students
1. Daily watering to the plants survival.
2. Adequate fencing for survival of the plant.
3. Care and protection of the plants.
4. Performing Projects on the Haritha Haaram as part of CCE and they shall be awarded marks.
Role of Teachers:
1. Integrate curriculum with Haritha Haaram and sensitise the students on the importance of environment and its maintenance greenering at home and schools.
2. Plan for Projects under science subject as a part of CCE on protection and sustaining of clean and green environment.
3. Identify and plan for awards for the 100% survival of plants and care taking.
Role of Head Masters and Teachers:
1. The Telangana Haritha Haaram committee have to be formed in all schools with HM and Teachers as committee members to ensure Planning, monitoring and implementation of the plantation in their respective schools along with School Management Committee.
2. Allot all plants planted in the premises to classes/students for adoption and see that 100% plants survive and grow.
3. Ensuring watering of plants, watch & ward.
4. Coordination with local office of the Forest Department/Nursery.
5. Organize the programme as per schedule and furnish the required information to higher authorities.
Role of Mandal Officers:
1. Ensuring planning and monitoring of the implementation of the plantation in the premises of all Govt/local body/Model schools/Aided schools and unaided private schools
2. Coordination with local offices of the Social Forestry Dept.
3. Organizing of plantation drives in all schools
4. Documentation of the progress of work.
5. Reporting progress to Head Office from time to time.
6. Procurement of Banners and Caps for all students from the District Social Forest officer.
7. Maintain details for awarding Best School, Best Student, Best Teacher based on 100% Survival of Plants taken up under Telangana Ku Haritha Haaram. Role & Responsibilities in Telangana Ku Haritha Haaram