Samsung India Scholarships under Star Scholar Program 2019, How to Apply and Last date: December 10: Samsung India has announced scholarships for 560 JNV students under its “Star Scholar Program”. Under this programme, every year, Samsung offers scholarships to meritorious JNV, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya students pursuing a full term B. Tech/Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) course in any Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or a National Institute of Technology (NIT) in India. Samsung India is currently accepting applications for scholarship for the academic year 2019-2020 and the last date for submission for application and all related documents is December 10.
Samsung India Scholarship Details
a. Scholarship Name: Samsung India Star Scholar Program
(Samsung Tech Scholarships)
b. No. of Samsung India Scholarships: 560
(150 for new Scholarships and 410 renewal scholarships)
c. Samsung India Scholarship Amount: Rs 2 lakh
d. Last date to Apply : 10-11-2019
“At Samsung, we work towards nurturing talent through programs that encourage and support the youth. As ‘Samsung Star Scholar’ programme enters its fourth year, we plan to extend scholarships to 560 students from Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya across the country to peruse B.Tech and M.Tech courses at the prestigious IITs and NITs” According to Peter Rhee, Corporate Vice President, Samsung India.
It offers a scholarship of up to Rs 2 lakh for expenses related to tuition, examination, hostel and mess, for one academic year. Interestingly, scholarship renewal is extendable if a student fulfils certain criteria for the subsequent years of his/her course in the institute. While the selection for first-year applicants is based on their All India Rank (AIR) in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main), to get a renewal of the scholarship for the second – fourth years, the applicant is required to maintain a Semester Grade Point Average (SGPA) or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CPGA) rating of 5 or above.
Of the 560 scholarships planned for this year, 150 are expected to be for new applicants and 410 students may be granted a renewal of their existing scholarship. Samsung India is at the forefront of empowering India’s youth with education through technology. But Samsung’s role does not end here. It goes beyond.
Samsung India as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives has instituted the Samsung Star Scholar program. The scholarship program is applicable for students of a Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya (JNVs) currently pursuing a full-term B. Tech/Dual Degree (B.Tech + M.Tech) course in an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or a National Institute of Technology (NIT) in India.
Important Information Samsung India scholarships:
- In order to protect the integrity of the program, rules have been clearly defined that bind all applicants and other participants of the Program. Applicants are requested to carefully read and understand them to ensure their eligibility.
- All documents including applicants form and supporting receipts/documents, must be attested and verified by the Institute’s Dean Academics. Only verified applications with all relevant documents will be accepted and considered eligible by the Selection Committee.
- Applicants must comply with all applicable enrolment and registration deadlines as published.
- Samsung will inform applicants on their selection through individuals emails post due to validation of the submitted documents.
- Meeting the minimum application requirements and scholarship criteria does not guarantee the scholarship. Samsung shall award scholarships at its sole discretion. All decisions of Samsung will be binding and final.
- Samsung reserves the absolute right to amend the Terms of the Program without giving any reasons or prior notice.
Eligibility for Samsung India scholarships:
Applicants will be eligible to receive scholarships if they meet the clearly defined eligibility criteria mentioned in the Rules and by following the procedures provided herein.
1. The scholarship is available for the student(s) graduating from any JNV (10th, 12th-grade pass), run by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, an autonomous organization under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
2. Applicant should be currently pursuing a full-term B. Tech/Dual Degree (B.Tech +M.Tech) course in an Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) or a National Institute of Technology (NIT) in India as mentioned as Annexure I.
3. Duration of the scholarship will be for one (01) academic year, extendable to subsequent three (03) years for B. Tech. Degree course based on the fulfilment of eligibility criteria and selection approval by Samsung.
4. First-year Applicants will be selected on the basis of their All India Rank (AIR) in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main).
5. Applicants from 2nd – 4th Years are eligible if –
a. They have received the Scholarship for all preceding applicable years.
b. They have a Semester Grade Point Average (SGPA) for two (02) or more semesters or Cumulative Grade Point Average (CPGA) rating of 5 or above. The SPGA or CPGA is applicable for the previous academic year e.g. while applying for Academic year 19-20, the SPGA or CPGA for Academic year 18-19 will be considered.
6. Applicants selected for Scholarship under the Program shall not avail any financial assistance or scholarship including waivers related to these expenses from any Institute, Government or NonGovernment source, during the pursuance of their degree. Applicants receiving any waivers for tuition by Institutes, Government or Non-Government source will not be considered for Scholarship.
7. All Applicants must be in good standing with the Institute to receive the Scholarship support.
8. Applicants who have not completed eighteen years of age at the time of entry must have a parent(s) /legal guardian(s), countersigned on the Application Form. In the event that there is a constraint of Terms & Conditions meeting the submission deadline, parent(s) / legal guardian(s) shall submit the Declaration in original, as provided in Annexure-II, within 10 days of the submitted form.
9. If an applicant fails to receive a scholarship in the current year, he/she will be ineligible to receive future Scholarships.
Samsung India Scholarships Disbursement:
1. Selected Applicants will be entitled to annual scholarship amount upto Indian Rupees Two Lakh (INR 200,000/-) only for expenses related to tuition, examination fee, hostel and mess charges only as certified by Institute Dean/ authorized PIC in the student application form.
2. Applicants are responsible for their administrative expenses such as transportation, insurance, personal spending money, medical cost, incidentals (photocopy, phone calls, etc.), supplemental study courses and materials and/ or other expenses undertaken by them during his/ her degree duration at the Institute. The scholarship amount will not be paid out for these expenses.
Instructions For Application Submission
1. Please complete the form clearly and in black or blue ink. All questions must be answered. Do not leave any section blank. If a section does not apply to you, please indicate that it is not applicable (N/A).
2. Fields marked with * are Mandatory fields.
3. When applying for the scholarship, please make sure that you carefully read and understand the Rules and eligibility conditions. If you do not meet the criteria for the scholarship, your application will not be considered.
4. You need to submit only ONE application. It is your responsibility to make sure the Scholarship Application you submit is complete, with any supporting documentation or references required. Once submitted, the application and its materials will not be returned.
5. This application form is for all first-year students in B. Tech/Dual Degree (B.Tech+ M.Tech) course who have graduated from Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya and who wish to apply for Samsung Star Scholarship for the 2019-20 academic session. Scholarship entitlement for students will be considered via this application form only.
6. Applicants are required to share their grade sheet related to their All India Rank (AIR) in the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE Main) applicable for the previous academic year e.g. while applying for Academic year 19-20, the JEE ranking for 18-19 will be required.
7. Scholarship support is for expenses only related to yearly tuition fee, examination fees, hostel and mess charges. All sums of money referred to must be in Indian Rupees (INR).
8. Applicants should not be availing any financial assistance or scholarship including waivers related to these expenses from any Institute, Government or Non-Government source, during the pursuance of their degree. Application form and the information contained in it is to be certified by the Dean Academics office only.
9. Samsung India does not accept incomplete or late applications. Original applications forms must be sent as a hard copy (print format) along with all receipts to Samsung India by the deadline of December 10, 2019.
10. The Application form and all the other documents of Applicants who have not completed eighteen years of age must be countersigned by their respective legal guardians on the New Scholarship Application Form and the Guardian Declaration Application Form.
11. Please keep a copy of your completed form for your records in case the original copy gets misplaced.
12. Guardian Declaration form is required to be filled by parents/ guardian of students who are below the age of 18 years on the date of registration.Necessary Documents: The Application form must be enclosed along with the following documents:
a. Completed Application Form, with a self-attested photograph. The Application Form has to be certified and signed by Dean Academics.
b. Self-certified clear and legible copy of Class X and XII CBSE marks statement.
c. Self-certified clear copy of JEE (Main) ranking certificate.
d. Self-certified clear copy of final admission letter from the Institute.
e. Original copy for admission/first semester/annual fee receipt deposited at Institute attested and verified by the Institute’s Dean Academic.
f. Self-certified clear copy of your primary active bank account passbook with the account number and IFSC code of the bank branch. If selected, the scholarship amount will be deposited to this account (mandatory).
g. Self-certified clear copy of Aadhaar Card/ Aadhaar Enrolment ID/ Electoral Card/ Passport (mandatory).
h. Self-certified clear copy of PAN Card (mandatory).
i. Provide a brief write up on a separate sheet, why you are a qualified candidate for a scholarship and how you will be impacted if chosen.
How to Apply:
Original applications forms must be sent as a hard copy (print format) to Samsung India at:
SAMSUNG STAR SCHOLAR
Corporate Citizenship (CRO)
Samsung India Electronics Pvt. Ltd.,
20th ~ 24th Floor, Two Horizon Centre, Golf Course Road,
Sector – 43, DLF Phase V, Gurgaon, Haryana -122002, India
Nomination And Application Procedures
1. Applicants can apply for the Scholarship by submitting a completed application form, duly verified and signed by the Institute authorised signatory.
2. Application should enclose all relevant documents, as required, for the form to be considered complete and eligible by the Samsung Selection Committee.
3. Original applications forms must be sent as a hard copy (print format) along with all receipts to Samsung India by the deadline of December 10, 2019. The applications a declaration forms are available at Samsung India Website – http://www.samsung.com/in/microsite/sapne-hue-bade/starscholar. The application may be sent to the above-mentioned address
4. All documents including applicants form and supporting receipts/papers, must be attested (signed and stamped) and verified by the Institute’s Dean Academic. Only application those have been verified by the Dean Academics or designated authority of the Institute will be accepted and considered eligible.
5. Clear and legible copies of all supporting documents should be submitted as proofs.
6. Applicants are responsible for their own administrative expenses such as transportation, insurance, personal spending money, medical cost, incidentals (photocopy, phone calls, etc.), supplemental study courses and materials and/ or other expenses.
7. Scholarships must be used for the course and the academic year for which they are granted. No deferrals are available, except as provided herein.
8. Scholarships may not be sold, transferred or assigned and are not convertible to cash.
9. Applicants must comply with all applicable enrolment and registration deadlines as published.
10. If a Scholarship Applicant fails to follow rules, he/she will forfeit his/her scholarship. Additionally, if a Scholarship Applicant fails to appear for, or is refused admittance to, an exam for which he/ she registered with a Scholarship, he/she will be ineligible to receive future Scholarships.
11. If an applicant fails to receive a scholarship in the current year, he/ she will be ineligible to receive future Scholarships.
12. Any false statements or misrepresentations made by scholarship applicants will be grounds for dismissal from the Samsung Star Scholar Program.
13. Scholarship recipient consents to his/her Pass/Fail results being shared in aggregate with Samsung from which he/she received the scholarship.
Samsung India scholarship
1. Samsung India will provide scholarship support for selected Applicants basis the verified application form. For this purpose, Samsung may engage any third party to carry out verification of the information provided and other administrative tasks associated with the Program.
2. Samsung will make the payment to the Applicants through cheque/DD/electronic wire transfer.
3. Samsung will provide only the support for actual expenses related to tuition and examination fee, the room in a hostel and mess charges only and the entire amount of annual scholarship shall not exceed of Indian Rupees Two Lakh (Rupees 200,000/-).
4. Samsung shall award scholarships at its sole discretion. All decisions of Samsung will be binding and final.
5. Samsung and/or its subsidiaries does not warrant or promise nor are obligated to employ any/or all students supported by this Scholarship Program or on the successful completion of the B. Tech/Dual Degree (B.Tech +M.Tech) course, and nothing in this Rule Book should be deemed or construed otherwise.
6. Under any circumstances, the student shall not be allowed to continue with the scholarship after the expiry of the maximum duration of the Program.
General Rules Samsung India Scholarships
1. The Rules may evolve and get revised, refined, updated, amended, modified or changed from time to time, and shall be binding on all parties concerned, including the Applicants and Institute Authorities.
2. The effect of year-to-year (periodic) refinements in the Official Rules, on the students admitted in earlier years, shall be dealt with appropriately and carefully, so as to ensure that those students are not subjected to any unfair situation whatsoever, although they are required to conform to these revised set of Official Rules, without any undue favour or considerations.
3. Participation in the Program is voluntary. Participation in the Program constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. By applying under the Program, Applicant(s) agrees to receive communication(s) from Samsung or its Agency relating to the Program and Applicant(s) unconditionally agrees not to make any claim or raise any complaint against Samsung or the Agency in this respect.
4. Anybody found using any unfair means will be immediately disqualified.
5. Guardians/Parents of the minor Applicant represent and warrant that he/she is legally competent to enter into binding contracts under applicable laws and warrant that all personal information provided by the Applicant is correct and complete and that the Guardian/Parent is authorized to provide such information and consents to its use by Samsung.
6. Applicant agrees and consents that information submitted by Applicant including but not limited to submissions and personal information of Applicants may be required to be shared with other third parties engaged by Samsung, for the purposes of verifying and/or audit the authenticity of the entries received from Applicant.
7. Applicant (or its nominated representative) gives Samsung the right to publish and broadcast anywhere in the world, for editorial, advertising, promotional, marketing and/or other purposes and in any media, Applicant (or its nominated representative) name, image, likeness and/or photograph (except where prohibited by law) without any further permission or consent or consideration in any form, including but not limited to, royalty.
8. Samsung shall not be liable for any loss or damage due to act of God, governmental actions, other force majeure events and shall not be liable to pay any amount as compensation or otherwise for any such loss.
9. Samsung reserves the absolute right to amend the Terms of the scholarship program or extend the Program Period or cancel or discontinue the Program or any part thereof without giving any reasons or prior notice.
10. Failure by Samsung to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
11. In no event shall Samsung be liable for any losses or claims, direct, and/or any incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the Program, howsoever arising, including negligence.
12. In the event of any conflict or inconsistency regarding any instructions, rules and conditions relating to the Program, these Terms shall prevail over all such other instructions, rules and conditions.
The decision of Samsung in relation to the Program and matter incidental thereto shall be final and binding on the Applicant. All disputes shall be governed by the laws of India. Terms shall be governed by exclusive laws of India and courts located at New Delhi shall have exclusive jurisdiction in respect to the Program.
Important Dates: a. Forms are available (indicated below) for download from November 10, 2019 b. Last date for submission for application and all related documents: December 10, 2019
New Scholarship Application Form: Download Samsung Star Scholar