The Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India is offering Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities 2021-22 to promote quality education among students who are pursuing studies at graduate/post graduate/diploma level.
The key objective of the scholarship is to recognise and promote quality education amongst students with disabilities by providing them with full financial support.
Top Class Education Scholarship for Students with Disabilities 2021 Details
|Name of the Scholarship||Top Class Education Scholarship|
|Scholarship issuing Agency||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities|
|Title||Scholarships for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities 2021|
|Abbreviation||Top Class Education Scholarship for Students with Disabilities|
|Scheme Closing Date||30-11-2021|
Eligibility: 50% of the total scholarships available each year top class education shall be reserved for girl candidates. However, in case adequate number of girl candidates are not available or not found eligible as per the terms and condition of the scheme, the unutilized slots can be utilized by selecting suitable male candidates.
To be eligible, an applicant must
- Be pursuing studies at graduate/postgraduate degree/diploma level in notified institutions of excellence in education
- Have more than 40% disability and a valid certificate for the same
- Have an annual family income of less than INR 6,00,000
It covers students with disabilities (SwDs) for pursuing studies at the level of graduate and post-graduate degree or diploma in notified institutes of excellence in education identified by DEPwD.
A total of 300 scholarships are given under this scheme. The selected candidates receive the following benefits:
- Reimbursement of tuition fees and non-refundable charges paid/payable to the institute: Up to INR 2 Lakhs per annum (subject to actual amount)
- Reimbursement of expenses for the purchase of a computer with accessories: INR 30,000 (one-time grant)
- Reimbursement of expenses for the purchase of Aids and Assistive Devices: INR 30,000 (one-time grant)
- Maintenance allowance for hostellers: INR 3,000 per month
- Maintenance allowance for day scholars: INR 1,500 per month
- Book grant (Hostellers and Day Scholars): INR 5,000 per annum
- Special allowances: INR 2,000 per month
The following documents should be upload while applying at NSP portal
- Photo of the applicant
- Certificate of previous academic mark sheet
- Fee receipt of current course year
- Age proof certificate
- Income certificate of the family
- Bank account details
- Disability Certificate
How to apply?:
Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship through following steps –
- Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on ‘New Registration’.
- Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and ‘Continue’.
- Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form. Source: https://scholarships.gov.in/
Important Dates: Application closing date: 30-11-2021
- The scholarship can be given to a maximum of two children of the same family (admissible if the second child is a twin)
- Scholarship for studying in any class will be given only for one year. On repeating the class, the scholarship will be withdrawn.
- 50% of the total scholarships will be reserved for girl candidates.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Top Class Education Scholarship Scheme for Students with Disabilities under National Scholarship?
Top Class Education Scholarship is Open for disabled students who have more than 40% disability and a valid certificate for the same
Student must be pursuing studies at graduate/ postgraduate/ diploma level
The annual family income must be less than INR 6 lakh from sources