School Academic Activities for Telangana Schools. LEP PRERNA Programme. Quality Monitoring Tools. Action Plan for Class Room Transactions – Teaching-Learning Process. Action Plan for the implementation of the LEP -PRERNA” Programme. Learning Enhancement Programme-12 Academic Aspects. School Complex Meetings. School Management Committee Meetings. Usage of Cell Phones Should be strictly prohibited during the School Hours
School Academic Activities for this academic year in all the schools of Telangana State. The Guidelines on SChool Academic Activities for this academic year has been issued by the Telangana Sarva Siksha Abhiyan(TSSA) Officials. These activities to be implemented in all the schools in T State. These School Academic Activities have been issued in the part of Academic Improvement Programmes for this academic year.
The following main Elements are contained in these guidelines of SChool Academic Activities:
1. Learning Enhancement Programme-12 Academic Aspects.
2. Action Plan for the implementation of LEP -PRERNA” Programme form 3rd and 4th Week of July 31st October 2014 School Academic Activities 201-15 in T State.
3. Action Plan for Class Room Transactions – Teaching-Learning Process.
4. Implementation of Best Practices.
5. SMC Meetings.
6. Quality Monitoring Tools.
7. School Library.
8. School Complex Meetings
School Academic Activities for Telangana Schools: Major Guidelines to schools for the academic year: Each school should focus on effective implementation of Components of LEP in the elementary schools of the State as a Quality initiative of the State. The intent of the LEP and its programme components should reach the school point.
Learning Enhancement Programme – 12 Academic Aspects Visioning of Elementary Schools in the State A School where children learn free from fear, anxiety, exclusion; has stimulating learning environment, caring teacher puts tireless efforts to make every child learn through democratic and collaborative classroom, where the child grows as responsive citizen with social concern, endowed with requisite knowledge and skills to lead the futuristic life to make world safe and happy.
Aim of LEP To address the Quality aspects at the elementary level in a holistic and sustainable way.
Components of Learning Enhancement Programme(LEP):
1. Ensuring children to achieve Class-specific, subject-specific essential learning competencies, attainment of Expected outcomes (as per the Academic Standards prepared by SCERT).
2. Improved Teaching-Learning Processes (Learning through activities, discovery, exploration as per the RTE Act. Sec 29(2)1 through 100% utilization of learning time and engagement of children by Time-on task.
3. Improved Assessment Procedures which are based on specific Academic standards, by adopting different means such as Oral and Written, Performance, pupil products, child portfolios, projects, teachers’ observation in harmony with Continuous Comprehensive Evaluation (Formative and Summative) procedures.
4. Setting Performance Indicators for Institutions and Individuals making Teacher and Head Master accountable with role clarity and increasing transparency in the system.[ Teacher Accountability and System-level accountality]
5. Improved participation of parents by making School Management Committees is functional and vibrant. The community participates in school matters, demonstration of the performance of the children to SMC members, monitoring of attendance of pupil, utilization of grants, mid-day meals, preparation of School Development Plan.
A. Implementation of Academic activities
Implementation of academic activities such as
a) Wall Magazine,
b) School Postbox,
c) Honesty Box,
d) Children Clubs,
e) Children Diary etc., and
B. Innovative Activities
Innovative activities such as
a) Weather Station,
b) Compost Pit,
c) Free Plastic zone,
d) Talent Search Activities etc. in the schools for all-round development of the child.
7. Organization of National and International importance events/days in the schools.
8. Implementation of READ programme (READ, ENJOY AND DEVELOP) to develop reading habits among the children by using the children literature available in the school. One period shall be provided in the school time-table for reading. Celebration of “PATANOTSAVAM” from 14th to 21st November during Library week.
9. Inclusion in Education: Implementation of inclusive practices (Social inclusion, academic inclusion, gender inclusion, the inclusion of CWSN) in schools and in-classroom process to address the issues of equity & equality. Three elementary model schools in each Mandal across the State are adopted and the philosophy of ‘Inclusion in Education’ is fully implemented. From, this program is scaled up to 6 schools per Mandal.
10. Development of School Leadership is the thrust area for transforming the schools as an effective learning organization.
Developing visionary leadership among school Heads and teachers as effective Instructional leaders shall be the prime concern.