School Activities to Azadi-70: PM Modi to launch ‘Azadi-70, Yaad Karo Kurbani’ campaign on August 9. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch ‘Azadi-70, Yaad Karo Kurbani’ campaign tomorrow in Bhabhra, birth place of revolutionary leader Chandrashekhar Azad, in Madhya Pradesh’s Alirajpur district on the anniversary of the Quit India Movement.
Under the campaign from August 9 to 14, Union ministers will visit places associated with Indian freedom struggle, especially the birth places of martyred leaders.
Under the ‘Azadi-70, Yaad Karo Kurbani’ campaign, Union ministers will visit places associated with Indian freedom struggle, especially the birth places of martyred leaders. It was earlier decided that the period from 9th August , 2016 to 23rd August 2016 be celebrated as “Azadi 70- Yaad Karo Kurbani” (Freedom Fortnight) to re-instill the spirit of freedom struggle and national movement among the younger generation.
India will be entering the 70th year of Independence on 15th August, 2016. It has been decided that the period from 9th August, 2016 to 23rd August, 2016 should be declared as Azadi 70 – Yaad Karo Kurbani” (Freedom Fortnight) and school children all over the country should be encouraged to celebrate this fortnight in a befitting manner.
A draft list of activities provided here that can be carried out at the school level. circulate this to all your schools, including private and aided schools, and ask them to carry out as many activities in each school as possible, while ensuring that each primary/upper primary /elementary /secondary school takes up at least one activity and each higher secondary school takes up at least two activities. In addition, the mass singing of the National Anthem at 11.00 AM on Tuesday, the 23rd August, 2016 should apply to all school children in your State / UT.
Cover the events of Freedom Movement of 1857 and the Independence Struggle in your celebrations. A short report on the action taken in this regard may kindly be sent to this Ministry. Schools can send regular reports to e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or update the events and photographs on the website www.mhrd,gov.in and on face book page azadi 70.
Update /Send reports:
e-mail address: email@example.com
Facebook page: azadi 70 Whats App No.8447952686.
Proforma to be filled up by District Educational Officers On 23rd, August, 2016
Name of the District:…………………………………
|S.No.||Name of the Activity||Date of activity||Total no. of|
|Total no. of|
|3||Essay writing competition||19-08-2016|
|4||Slogan writing competition||19-08-2016|
|5||Play with freedom movement as theme||20-08-2016|
|6||Singing competition — Patriotic songs||20-08-2016|
|7||School children could paint greeting cards for Jawans posted at the border stations.||20-08-2016|
|9||A mass recitation of the National Anthem by all school students at 11.00 A.M on Tuesday 23rd, August||23-08-2016|
|10||Felicitate of freedom fighters / ex service man||As per the convenience of school / institute|
|11||Mass tree plantation drive||As per the convenience of school / institute|
|12||Guest lecturers organized on freedom movement of 1857, and the independence||As per the convenience of school / institute|
Please send on 23, August, 2016 to Director, SCET, TS email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com along with photos and videos.
by District Educational Officer:….; e-mail ID:….. ; Mobile No:….; Fax No:…..;Residential Telephone No….. Activities at the School Level to Celebrate Azadi 70 from 9th to 23rd August, 2016.
School Activities to Azadi-70:
SCHOOL LVEL SUGGESTED ACTIVITIES:
1. To have a mass recitation of the National Anthem by a.11 school students in the State/UT, including in private and aided schools, at 11.00 AM on Tuesday 23rd August which is the terminal day of the fortnight long celebrations.
2. School children could paint greeting cards for jawans posted at the border stations. These could be sent to the nearest or any APO for forwarding to the jawans.
3. Students may undertake a mass tree plantation drive which could inculcate the idea of sustainable development among the students.
4. Schools can invite persons who can talk to the students regarding the freedom movement of 1857, and the Independence Struggle. This include writers, academics and persons from the defence forces (retired or serving). The focus can be on martyrs from that State/UT or local area.
5. Painting competition.
6. Elocution competition
7. Freedom run
8. Essay writing competition
9. Play with freedom movement as theme.
10. Slogan writing competition
11. Patriotic songs – singing competition.
The suggested list of activities include:
1) Mass recitation of the National Anthem by all students in the state/UT, including private and unaided schools at 11.00 AM on 23rd August ( the last day of Fortnight long celebrations)
2) School Children could paint greeting cards for Jawans posted at border stations. These could be sent to the nearest APO for forwarding to the jawans.
3) Mass tree plantation drive by the students may be organized to unstill the idea of sustainable development.
4) Talks can be organized in the schools by invited persons on the theme of freedom Movement. Special focus may be on martyrs from the state/UT or local areas.
5) Painting, Elocution, Essay Writing, Slogan Writing and Patriot song singing competitions may be organized.
6) Plays with Freedom movement theme may organized; Freedom Run may also be organized
Participating schools are directed to send regular reports to e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or update the events and photographs on the website www.mhrd.gov.in and on facebook azadi 70. Department of Higher education is also directed to take necessary steps to celebrate the Freedom Fortnight in befitting manner in the institutes and autonomous bodies under its purview.