Telangana General Holidays & Optional Holidays List 2020 – TS General Holidays & Optional Holidays List Released for 2020. The List of General Holidays and Optional Holidays 2020 PDF File download now.
General Administration (Spl.E) Department, Government Of Telangana has declared the TS General holidays List and Optional Holidays List for the year 2020.
The List of General Holidays and Optional Holidays in Telangana State 2020 PDF File has been released on November 21, 2019, and Telangana Employees can download it from here for future reference.
The TS GO.RT. No.3022, Dated: 21-11-2019 (Telangana General Holidays 2020 Govt. Order) details are provided here and the TS GO.RT.No. 2493 Dated: 16-11-2018 (Telangana General Holidays 2019 Govt. Order) details are also provided here.
List Of Holidays for TS Govt Offices under TS General Holidays & Optional Holidays List
TS General Holidays List, TS Optional Holidays List: Telangana government has released the list of holidays for govt offices for 2020: The State government notified the list of general holidays and optional holidays for the year 2020. Chief Secretary issued necessary orders in this regard, asking all the state government offices to strictly observe these holidays and also remain closed on all Second Saturdays and Sundays.
The government declared a public holiday on January 1 marking the commencement of English New Year. In addition, the State government employees may also avail themselves of five Optional Holidays during 2020, irrespective of the religion to which the festival pertains.
To avail these holidays, employees have to apply for, in writing in advance. However, general holidays are not applicable to industrial establishments, public sector units, public work departments and educational institutions in the State. Administrative departments concerned will issue separate orders to this effect.
List of Holidays for Telangana 2020 (TS General Holidays & Optional Holidays List): It is believed that the way a new year is begun will be how the entire year will be. And if that’s the case, government employees and their families in Telangana are going to be in a holiday mood right from January in 2020.
As the New Year approaches, the Telangana government has already set the holiday mood for the government employees in the state as the list of holidays have been released on Saturday. The State government has notified general and optional holidays to be observed by all the State government offices during the year 2020.
Though government offices remain closed on all second Saturday of every month and all Sundays, February 8, 2020, a second Saturday, however, would be a working day in lieu of a holiday declared on January 1, 2020.
In addition to the notified general holidays, the State government employees may avail optional holidays not exceeding five on the festival/ occasions.
In case of any change of date in respect of Idu’l Fitar, Idu’l Zuha, Muharram and Id-e-Milad as per the moon sighting or any other holiday declared now, it would be notified accordingly.
TS GO.No.3022, Dt: 21-11-2019 for TS General Holidays & Optional Holidays List
GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
HOLIDAYS- General Holidays and Optional Holidays for the year 2020 – Notified. GENERAL ADMINISTRATION (SPL.E) DEPARTMENT
G.O.Rt.No. 3022, DATED:21.11.2019
ORDER: The following Notification shall be published in the next issue of Telangana extra-ordinary Gazette: The Government of Telangana hereby notifies that during the year 2020 the days specified in Annexure-I (Part I) shall be observed as General Holidays by all the State Government Offices while the days for other occasions/festivals which fall on Sundays are shown in Annexure-I (Part II) and also notify Optional Holidays for State Government offices as shown in Annexure-II (Part I) while the days for other occasions/festivals falling on Sundays are shown in Annexure-II (Part II).
2. The State Government directs that all offices under State Government shall remain closed on all Sundays and Second Saturdays in all the months during the year 2020, except the Second Saturday (08.02.2020) in the month of February 2020 in lieu of public holiday declared on 1st January 2020.
3. In addition to the above mentioned General Holidays in Annexure I (Part I), the State Government employees may avail themselves of Optional Holidays not exceeding FIVE during the year 2020 on the festival/occasions specified in Annexure-II (Part I) to this order, at their option and irrespective of the religion to which the festival pertains. Permission to avail any of these holidays shall be applied for, in writing in advance and will normally be granted by the Superior Officer competent to grant casual leave except when the presence of an individual employee is considered necessary in exigencies of Government work.
4. The Government also directs that General Holidays shall not ipso-facto apply to the Industrial Establishment and Public Undertakings under the control of the State Government, the workmen engaged in Public Works Departments and Educational Institutions in this State. Separate orders regarding the festivals/occasions when these Institutions observe holidays shall be issued by the concerned Administrative Department of the Secretariat.
5. If there is any change of date in respect of Idu’l Fitar, Idu’l Zuha, Muharram and Id-e-Milad as per the moon sight or any other holiday declared now, it shall be announced through electronic/print media. All the Departments of Secretariat, Heads of Departments and District Collectors shall take action according to such an announcement and without waiting for formal order about the change of date.
TS General Holidays & Optional Holidays List
TS General Holidays List 2020
|NEW YEAR DAY||01-01-2020||WEDNESDAY||PAUSHA|
|SANKRANTI / PONGAL||15-01-2020||WEDNESDAY||PAUSHA|
|SRI RAMA NAVAMI||02-04-2020||THURSDAY||CHAITHRA|
|DR.B.R. AMBEDKAR’S BIRTHDAY||14-04-2020||TUESDAY||CHAITHRA|
|EIDUL FITAR (RAMZAN)||25-05-2020||MONDAY||JYAISHTHA|
|FOLLOWING DAY OF RAMZAN||26-05-2020||TUESDAY||JYAISHTHA|
|EIDUL AZHA (BAKRID)||01-08-2020||SATURDAY||SRAVANA|
|SRI KRISHNA ASTAMI||11-08-2020||TUESDAY||SRAVANA|
|MAHATMA GANDHI JAYANTHI||02-10-2020||FRIDAY||ASVINA|
|BATHUKAMMA STARTING DAY||17.10.2020||SATURDAY||ASVINA|
|EID MILADUN NABI||30-10-2020||FRIDAY||KARTIKA|
|KARTIKA PURNIMA / GURU NANAK’S BIRTHDAY||30-11-2020||MONDAY||AGRAHAYAN|
The Following Festivals Occur On Sunday & 2nd Saturday During The Year 2020
|BABU JAGJIVAN RAM’S BIRTHDAY||05-04-2020||SUNDAY||CHAITHRA|
|SHAHADAT IMAM HUSSAIN (R.A) 10th MOHARAM||30-08-2020||SUNDAY||BHADRA|
|DEEPAVALI||14-11-2020||SECOND SATURDAY||KARTIKA 23-1942|
TS Optional Holidays List 2020:
The State Government Employees could avail themselves five optional holidays in 2010.
|BIRTHDAY OF HZT. SYED MOHAMMED JUVANPURI|
MAHDI MA’UD (A.S.)
|SHAHADAT HZT ALI (A.S.)||14-05-2020||THURSDAY||VAISAKHA|
|SRAVANA PURNIMA / RAKHI PURNIMA||03-08-2020||MONDAY||SRAVANA|
|9th MOHARRAM (1442H)||29-08-2020||SATURDAY||BHADRA|
|YAZ DAHUM SHAREEF||27-11-2020||FRIDAY||AGRAHAYAN|
The Following Festivals Occur On Sunday During The Year 2020
|PARSI NEW YEAR’S DAY||16-08-2020||SUNDAY||SRAVANA|
NOTE: 1) Birthday of Hazrath Ali (R.A) on 09.03.2020 (Monday) which would have been Optional Holiday is declared as General Holiday in view of Holi. 2) Maharnavami on 24.10.2020 (Saturday) which would have been Optional Holiday is declared as General Holiday in view of Durgastami 3) Naraka Chathurdhi on 14.11.2020 which would have been optional holiday is declared as General Holiday in view of Deepavali.
General Holidays (GH) and Optional Holidays (OH)
|January 01||New Year Day||GH|
|January 10||Birthday of Hzt.Syed Mohammed Juvanpuri Mahdi MA’UD||OH|
|January 26||Republic Day||GH|
|January 30||Sri Panchami||OH|
|February 21||Maha Shivaratri||GH|
|April 02||Sri Rama Navami||GH|
|April 05||Babu Jagjivan Ram’s Birthday||GH|
|April 06||Mahaveer Jayanthi||OH|
|April 10||Good Friday||GH|
|April 14||Dr. BR Ambedkar’s Jayanthi||GH|
|April 26||Basava Jayanthi||OH|
|May 07||Buddha Purnima||OH|
|May 14||Shahadat HZT Ali||OH|
|May 25||Edul Fitar (Ramzan)||GH|
|May 26||Following Day of Ramzan||GH|
|June 23||Ratha Yathra||OH|
|July 31||Varlakshmi Vratham||OH|
|August 01||Eidul Azha (Bakrid)||GH|
|August 03||Sravana Purnima/Rakhi Purnima||OH|
|August 11||Sri Krishna Astami||GH|
|August 15||Independence Day||GH|
|August 16||Parsi New Year’s Day||OH|
|August 22||Vinayaka Chavithi||GH|
|August 29||9th Moharram (1442H)||OH|
|August 30||Shahadat Imam Hussain (R.A) 10th Moharam||GH|
|October 02||Mahatma Gandhi Jayanthi||GH|
|October 17||Bathukamma Starting Day||GH|
|October 24||Durgastami / Maharnavami||GH|
|October 25||Vijaya Dasami||GH|
|October 30||Eid Miladun Nabi||GH|
|November 27||Yaz Dahum Shareef||OH|
|November 30||Kartika Purnima / Guru Nanak’s Birthday||GH|
|December 24||Christmas EVE||OH|
|December 26||Boxing Day||GH|
General Holidays in Telangana: The State Government had notified the list of general holidays and optional holidays in 2020. Orders to this effect were issued. Remember that, The 8th of February (Second Saturday) will be a working day in view of the public holiday declared on January 1, 2020.
General holidays List in Telangana:
- New Year Day – January 1 Wednesday
- Bhogi – Jan 14 Tuesday
- Sankranti / Pongal – Jan 15 Wednesday (Under Negotiable Instruments Act also)
- Maha Shivaratri – Feb 21 Friday (Under NI Act also)
- Holi – March 9 Monday (Under NI Act also)
- Ugadi – Wednesday, March 25 (Under NI Act also)
- Sri Rama Navami – April 2 Thursday (Under NI Act also)
- Good Friday – April 10 Friday (Under NI Act also)
- Dr BR Ambedkar Birthday – April 14 Tuesday (Under NI Act also)
- Eidul Fitar (Ramzan) – May 25 Monday (Under NI Act also)
- Following Day of Ramzan – May 26 Tuesday
- Bonalu – July 20 Monday
- Eidul Azha (Bakrid) – August 1, Saturday (Under NI Act also)
- Sri Krishna Astami – Aug 11 Tuesday (Under NI Act also)
- Independence Day – Aug 15 Saturday (Under NI Act also)
- Vinayaka Chavithi – Aug 22 Saturday
- Gandhi Jayanti – Oct 2 Friday (Under NI Act also)
- Bathukamma starting Day – Oct 17 Saturday
- Durgastami – Oct 24 Saturday
- Eid Miladn Nabi – Oct 30 Friday (Under NI Act also)
- Kartika Purnima / Guru Nanak’s Birthday – November 30 Monday (Under NI Act also)
- Christmas – December 25 Friday (Under NI Act also)
- Boxing Day – Dec 26 Saturday.
(Note: Annual Closing of Accounts day on April 1 and May Day on May 1 are declared as holidays under NI Act only)
Following festivals occur on Sunday and Second Saturday during 2020
- Republic Day- Jan 26 Sunday
- Babu Jagjivan Ram Birthday-April 5 Sunday
- Muharram- August 30 Sunday
- Vijaya Dasami – October 25 Sunday
- Deepavali Nov – 14 Second Saturday.
Optional Holidays in Telangana: The State Government employees could avail themselves five optional holidays in 2010.
Optional holidays list in Telangana:
- Birthday of Hzt Syed Mohd Juvanpuri Mahdi Maud – Jan 10 Friday
- Kanumu – Jan 16 Thursday
- Sri Panchami – Jan 30 Thursday
- Shab-e-Meraj March 23 Monday
- Mahaveer Jayanhi – April 6 Monday
- Shab-e-Barat – April 9 Thursday
- Shahdat Hzt Ali – May 15 Thursday
- Shab-e-ader – May 21 Thursday
- Juma-atul-wada – May 22 Friday
- Ratha Yatra – June 23 Tuesday
- Varalakahmi Vratham – July 31 Friday
- Sravana Purnima / Fakhi Purnima August 3 Monday
- 9th Muharram- Aug 29 Saturday
- Arbayeen October 8 Thursday
- Yaz Dahum Shareef November 27 Friday
- Christmas Eve December 24 Thursday
The Following Festivals occur on Sunday during 2020
- Basava Jayanthi – April 26 Sunday
- Eid-E-Ghadeer – August 9 Sunday and
- Parsi New Year’s Day – August 16 Sunday.
TS General Holidays List 2019
|NEW YEAR DAY||01-01-2019|
|BABU JAGJIVAN RAM’S BIRTHDAY||05-04-2019|
|EIDUL FITAR (RAMZAN)||05-06-2019|
|FOLLOWING DAY OF RAMZAN||06-06-2019|
|EIDUL AZHA (BAKRID)||12-08-2019|
|SRI KRISHNA ASTAMI||24-08-2019|
|SHAHADAT IMAM HUSSAIN (A.S) 10th MOHARAM||10-09-2019|
|BATHUKAMMA STARTING DAY||28-09-2019|
|MAHATMA GANDHI JAYANTHI||02-10-2019|
|KARTIKA PURNIMA / GURU NANAK’S BIRTHDAY||12-11-2019|
|The Following Festivals Occur On Sunday & 2nd Saturday During The Year 2019: |
SRI RAMA NAVAMI/ DR.B.R. AMBEDKAR’S BIRTHDAY
|EID MILADUN NABI||10-11-2019|
Note: 9th February 2019 (Second Saturday) is working day in lieu of public holiday declared on 1st January 2019
TS Optional Holidays List 2019
|BIRTHDAY OF HZT. SYED MOHAMMED JUVANPURI MAHDI MA’UD (A.S.)||21-01-2019|
|PARSI NEW YEAR’S DAY||17-08-2019|
|9th MOHARRAM (1440H)||09-09-2019|
|YAZ DAHUM SHAREEF||09-12-2019|
The Following Festivals Occur On Sunday & 2nd Saturday During The Year 2019
|SHAHADAT HZT ALI (A.S.)||26-05-2019|
NOTE: Birthday of Hazrath Ali (R.A) on 03.2019 (Thursday) which would have been Optional Holiday is declared as General Holiday in view of Holi.
Sravana Purnima / Rakhi Purnima on 08.2019 which would have been Optional Holiday is declared as General Holiday in view of Independence Day Naraka Chathurdhi on 10.2019 which would have been optional holiday is declared as General Holiday in view of Deepavali.
TS General Holidays List 2018
|01/01/2018||New Year Day||General|
|26-01-2018||Republic Day||General / NI Act|
|01/02/2018||Birthday of Hzt. Syed|
|13-02-2018||Maha Shivaratri||General / NI Act|
|01/03/2018||Holi||General / NI Act|
|26-03-2018||Sri Rama Navami||General / NI Act|
|30-03-2018||Good Friday||General / NI Act|
|01/04/2018||Hazrath Ali (As)||Optional|
|05/04/2018||Babu Jagjivan Ram’s Birthday||General / NI Act|
|14-04-2018||Dr Br Ambedkar’s Birthday||General|
|01/05/2018||Labour Day||Only NI Act|
|05/06/2018||Shahadat Hzt Ali (A.S.)||Optional|
|16-06-2018||Eidul Fitar/Ramzan||General / NI Act|
|17-06-2018||Following Day Of Ramzan||General|
|15-08-2018||Independence Day||General / NI Act|
|17-08-2018||Parsi New Year’s Day||Optional|
|22-08-2018||Eidul Azha (Bakrid)||General / NI Act|
|26-08-2018||Sravana Purnima/Rakhi Purnima||Optional|
|03/09/2018||Sri Krishna Astami||General / NI Act|
|13-09-2018||Vinayaka Chavithi||General / NI Act|
|20-09-2018||9th Moharram (1440h)||Optional|
|21-09-2018||Moharam||General / NI Act|
|02/10/2018||Mahatma Gandhi Jayanthi||General|
|09/10/2018||Bathukamma Starting Day||General|
|21-11-2018||Eid Miladun Nabi||General|
|23-11-2018||Kartika Purnima/Guru Nanak’s Birthday||General|
|19-12-2018||Yaz Dahum Shareef||Optional|