2 Years Child Care leave, 180 days Maternity Leave and 5 additional CLs to Telangana Women employees. A good Indian citizen, he/she cannot be made by manufacturing by a machine like an article. He/she should be prepared as an all-rounder this is not done in a single day or single year, where here parents especially mother’s role is very important. With lots of struggle, patience, service of the mother a child grows into a person.
The characteristics of a child will be developed genetically, not only this environment of the house, surroundings show the impact on the child. There will be a change, which will be noticed clearly that a child has grown in the warm hands of a mother and a child has grown irregularly. We can observe that a months baby without knowing that this person is their mother, but responds accurately and feels the warmth of a mother and sleeps deeply, in other hands baby will cry.
Whether the mother is a literate or illiterate but there is no change in the love that she shows towards her children, which this is recognized by our elders and gave a prominent role by a saying “MATHRU DEVO BHAVA” this says that what mother is?
Due to many changes in our family system and culture, joint families are disappearing, small families are forming, the child is far away from the love of grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins. Where all of them live together the child is habituated sharing of love, relationship, boldness, togetherness. But due to small families, a child cannot expose to these relationships where that child is growing alone.
Due to the rapid change of financial graph very essential that where wife and husband working is compulsory to lead their life according to today’s needs.
Telangana 10th PRC GO’s Information
So, working women are facing a lot of problems in bringing up their children, helping them in their studies, etc. Due to many reasons, working women have no time to spend with their children and satisfy their needs. Where here mother faces a lot of crush, pain which is expressionless, she fights problems, in this fighting she has to lose many things.
Keeping in view of mothers problems all unions requested to give 2 years of leave to working women by considering their children’s need. But in 9th PRC govt did not accept, but central govt given green signal for this in 2008 and this facility is being availed by working women in central govt.
When our unions approached on this 10th PRC accepted this. G.O’s are going to be released within a short period. 180 days of maternity will be as usual, 15 days of paternity leave can be availed commonly. But this 2 years of leave can be availed by working women employee in the span of 18 years of age of their 2 children. This leave may be used at the time of ill – health of their children, preparing them for competitive exams.
10th PRC 2015 recommendations
A. Maternity leave to married women employees:
1. Married women employees were earlier eligible for the sanction of Maternity Leave upto 120 days for two surviving children. The Government of India enhanced the leave period to 180 days based on the recommendations of 6th CPC and the guidelines of Ministry of H & FW recommending nursing of children upto the age of 6 months.
The PRC 2010 consequently recommended a grant of Maternity leave to married women employees of the State upto 180 days on par with the employees of Government of India subject to the condition that the same would be available for 2 surviving children only. Accordingly, orders were issued in G.O.Ms.No.152, Finance(F.R.I) Department, dated: 04/05/2010.
2. Some Associations have now requested the Commission to extend the period of maternity leave to 9 months. The commission notices that no new instructions have been issued by Government of India regarding this leave and therefore, the request for granting of 9 months of Maternity Leave is not supported.
Telangana 10th PRC 2015 Software
3. Some Contract/outsourcing women employees associations requested the Commission for sanction of 180 days of Maternity Leave with payment of remuneration. Maternity Leave is now allowed to these employees for 120 days on the loss of pay. The Government issued orders in G.O.Ms.No.327, HW&FW Department, dated:12/03/2010, sanctioning 120 days Maternity Leave without paying remuneration to staff working in AYUSH Department on par with outsourcing employees as per the guidelines issued vide G.O.Rt.No.4459, Finance(SMPC) Department, dated:27/12/2006. Hence the Government has to take a decision on the request at their end.
B. Child Care Leave to the Women Employees:
1. Based on the recommendation of the 6th Central Pay Commission the Government of India issued orders permitting the Women employees of the Government of India having minor children, to avail of Child Care Leave for a maximum period of 2 years (i.e. 730 days) during their entire service for taking care upto 2 children whether for rearing or to look after any of their needs like 81 examination, sickness etc.
Child Care Leave shall not be admissible if the child is eighteen years of age or older. (vide O.M.No.10318/2/2008‐Estt.(L) dated:11‐ 9‐2008 of Department of Per. Trg. Government of India) It was further clarified by the Government of India that this child care leave shall be admissible for the two eldest surviving children only. At present, the Women employees of the State Government are not eligible for the grant of Child Care leave.
2. Majority of employees Associations have represented to this Commission to recommend for all women employees two years of the Child Care Leave stating that employees were now living in nucleus families consisting of wife and husband and elderly people were no longer available to take care of the young children.
When the combined family structure was prevailing, elderly people of the family used to look after the health and personal care of the children. Hence women employees are facing hardship regarding child care. Another request is to allow the above leave in different spells in the entire service and also requested for not linking this leave to Maternity leave.
The Commission considers the demand to be reasonable and recommends sanction of Child Care Leave of upto 2 years to all women employees in the entire service career, to look after 2 eldest children up to the age of 18 years.
C. Additional Casual Leave of 5 days to the women employees on par with Women Teachers
At present, the Women Teachers are eligible for an extra casual leave of 5 days in a calendar year as per G.O.Rt.No.374, Education (Ser.‐V) Dept. dated: 16‐3‐1996. Many associations have requested to extend the same facility to all the non‐teaching Women employees and Women Employees working in Government and Public Sector undertakings (i.e., other than Women Teachers) also. Some of the women employees have requested 5 days of special casual leave to the Disabled Women Employees. The Women Teachers have limited facility of earned leave of only six days in a year while the other women employees will earn 30 days per year. Therefore, comparison with Women Teachers in the matter of allowing additional casual leave of five days does not deserve consideration. The Commission sees no merit in the demand and is therefore not inclined to recommend the extra casual leave of five days to the women employees on par with Women Teachers.
This is very good news for all working women employees. By utilization in a proper way for their children this can lay a bright future this attachment grows confidence levels of the child.