Government of Telangana, Finance Department, Allowances, Sanction of Additional House Rent Allowance in lieu of Rent Free Quarters in Revised Pay Scales, 2015 – Amendment – Orders – Issued.
- G.O.Ms.No.395, Home (Police-A) Dept., dt.08-03-1958.
- G.O.Ms.No.997, Home (Police-B) Dept., dt.25-07-1972.
- G.O.Ms.No.555, Home (Police.C) Department, dated 22-08-1979.
- G.O.Ms.No.556, Home (Police.C) Department, dated 22-08-1979.
- G.O.Ms.No.46, Finance (HRM.IV) Department, dated:21-04-2015.
- From the Inspector General of Police, Intelligence Department, Telangana, Hyderabad, Lr.Rc.No.1711/A5/2015, dt.11-05-2015.
- From the President, Telangana State Police Officers’ Association, Hyderabad, Lr.No.nil, dt.23-05-2015.
In the references sixth and seventh read above, it was requested to continue additional house rent allowance in lieu of rent free accommodation to the certain staff of Intelligence Department and certain Police Officials in the Police Department citing earlier orders of Government in this regard.
- In the Government Orders first and second read above, certain staff of Intelligence Department were sanctioned house rent allowance in lieu of rent free quarters. In the Government orders third and fourth read above, certain police personnel were sanctioned additional house rent allowance in lieu of rent free quarters. In the G.O. fifth read above, based on the recommendation of Tenth Pay Revision Commission (2014), Government ordered that Additional House Rent Allowance shall be payable at 8% of the basic pay of the employee under the Revised Pay Scales, 2015, subject to a maximum of Rs.2,000/- per month in caseswhere rent free accommodation could not be provided by the Government to the employees holding the posts to which rent free accommodation shall be provided by Government as per rules.
- Government, after careful consideration, hereby order the following amendment to the entries in the Annexure to the G.O. fifth read above.
The following shall be inserted after the existing categories under Sl. No.6, Police Department.
iv. Deputy Superintendents of Police in Intelligence Department.
v. Inspectors of Police including Reserve Inspectors and equivalent ranks in other Branches of Police Department.
vi. Sub-Inspectors of Police/ RSIs and equivalent ranks in Police Transport Organisation and Police Communications and equivalent ranks in other Branches of Police Department.
vii. Assistant Sub Inspectors/ARSIs/equivalent ranks in other Branches of Police Department.
viii. Head Constables and equivalent ranks in other Branches of Police Department.
ix. Police Constables and equivalent ranks in other Branches of Police Department.
x. ID Ministerial Staff in Intelligence Dept.: Administrative Officer, Asst. Admn. Officer, Manager, Assistant Manager and ID Assistant; Shorthand Reporters,
- The above amendment shall come into force with effect from 01.04.2015.
- Necessary amendments to Telangana Public Employment (House Rent Allowance) Rules, 1988 and Manual of Special Pays and Allowances shall be issued in due course.