Guidelines for ABC Programme implementation in TS Schools: Samagra Shiksha, Telangana State has given the guidelines and instructions on the Implementation of Attainment of Basic Competencies. ABC (Moolalloki Veladam] Program would be implemented for the children of classes 3rd to 8th in all Govt and Aided Schools in the State for the academic year 2019-2020.
In this connection, Baseline Papers have been prepared for class III to VIII and are prepared to assess the basic competencies of children in Reading, Writing (For Telugu, English) and four fundamental Mathematical operations. How to conduct the Baseline Test for Class 3rd to 8th Classes and how to give and enroll the grading and marks to the children as per the following guidelines.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE COMMISSIONER, SCHOOL EDUCATION AND EX-OFFICIO STATE PROJECT DIRECTOR,
SAMAGRA SHIKSHA, TELANGANA, HYDERABAD.
Rc.No. 3117/TSS/T6/Pdg/2019, Dated: 15.07.2019
Subject: Samagra Shiksha, Telangana State, Hyderabad -Implementation of Attainment of Basic Competencies – ABC (Moolalloki Veladam] Program in All Govt and Aided Schools in the State – Certain Instructions – Issued – Reg.
Reference: This office d. 01.07.2019
The attention of all the District Educational Officers and Ex-Officio Project Officers of Samagra Shiksha Telangana in the State is invited to the reference read above through which detailed guidelines were communicated on implementation of Attainment of Basic Competencies – ABC (Moolalloki Veladam] Programme for the children of classes 3rd to 8th in all the Government & Aided Schools in the State.
Baseline Test papers:
In continuation of the reference cited. they are informed that Baseline papers for class III to VIII are prepared to assess the basic competencies of children in Reading. Writing (For Telugu, English) and four fundamental Mathematical operations and these papers will be mailed to DPO’s personal mail with the password-protected file. They are instructed to follow the following guidelines for implementing the Attainment of Basic Competencies – ABC (Moolalloki Veladam) Program effectively.
ABC Programme in Telugu
Confidentiality should be maintained for test items. The District Educational Officer is requested to send the Question Paper to the Mandal Educational Officers through the mail with a protected password. The Mandal Educational Officers should supply one set of xerox copies of the Question Paper to each school through CRPs.
Baseline Test Conducting dates
Conduct a Baseline Test.
a. Telugu on 17.07.2019 FN,
b. Mathematics on 17.07.2019 AN and
c. English on 18.07.2019 FN.
- Evaluate the answer scripts soon after completion of the Pre-test and identify children who need remedial teaching.
- Issue instructions to the CRPs and Data Entry Operators to collect the Pre- Test results from PS & UPS and upload through online in the prescribed format. The High School Head Masters have to upload the Pre-Test results data on their own.
- The DEOs, Sectorial Officers, MEOs and Complex HMs have to adopt manuals/schools and provide Academic support where ever necessary,
- Issue instructions to Cluster Resource Persons to monitor Primary and Upper Primary Schools and Submit reports on the performance of the children to the Complex HMs and MEOs.
- The Head Masters and all teachers have to take collective responsibility to improve the Basic competencies of children. Involve all the teachers and assign responsibility to all the teachers for attaining Basic competencies among children.
- Divide the children into A, B & C groups based on the performance of the children in the Pre-test.
- Prepare a Special time table for B & C group children and implement the program as per the needs of the children i.e., half-day for Primary School and last 3 periods for High School.
- Maintain child-wise progress in a record as per guidelines
- The Headmasters are advised to encourage children to attain Basic Competencies.
- Conduct the Post Test after completion of Remedial teaching and maintain a record of children’s performance and the same may be uploaded online within the stipulated time schedule.
Hence, the District Educational Officers and Ex-Officio Project Officers of Samagra Shiksha are requested to give strict instruction to field functionaries to conduct the Pre-test on 17-07-2019 & 18-07-2019 compulsorily in all Govt, Local body Aided Schools for Classes II to VIII students. duly following the guidelines and take all necessary initiatives in the matter for successful implementation of the Attainment of Basic Competencies ABC (Moolalloki Veladam) Program. This has got the approval of CSE&EO: SPD Samagra Shiksha Telangana
ABC Programme Baseline Test Question Papers: LEP Pre Test Question Papers. Guidelines for ABC Programme implementation in TS Schools.
10 marks for reading in Telugu
If you get 10 marks – A
7 to 5 marks – B
If less than four – C
For 15 marks in writing in Telugu
If you get 12 to 15 marks – A
8 to 11 marks – B
If less than seven – C
Grade A of four quadratic functions (+, -, X, /) can be performed, including written calculations
Grade B if more than half of the four quadratic processes can be performed
The rest should be given a C grade
Special ABC program for “B” “C” grade students
Students are to be tested on Reading and writing skills separately
If the children are able to read & write words and sentences, award A grade
If the children are able to read & write only words, award ‘B grade
If children are unable to read, write award ‘C’ grade
Plan separate strategies to A, B, and ‘C’ grade students