State & District level AP SCERT Assessment Cell Establishment with Subject Experts, Assessment experts, Subject Experts appointment for Assessment Cell, Subject Experts,Assessment experts Recruitment. Online application form, How to apply, syllabus, schedule details are given in proceedings. Assessment Cell is established in SCERT. The basic purpose of the Assessment Cell is to assess, analyze and disseminate the performance of students on a regular basis.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE DIRECTOR, SCERT, ANDHRA PRADESH,
Rc.No. 26/B/AC/SCERT/2017 Dated:07-03-2016
Sub:- SCERT, A.P., Hyderabad – Establishment of Assessment Cell- Appointment of Subject Experts – State Level and District Level – Call for Applications – Reg.
Ref: 1. Memo No 420155/Prog.2II/A1/2016, dt.3-2-2017.of Principal Secretary, School Education Department,Andhra Pradesh
2. Lr.RC.NO 637/B/TE/SCERT/2017, Dt.4-11-2016, of CSE, AP.
All the District Educational Officers and Regional Joint Directors of School Education in the State are informed that vide reference 151 cited above that the Assessment Cell is established in SCERT.
Assessment Cell purpose:
1. The basic purpose of the Assessment Cell is to assess, analyze and disseminate the performance of students on a regular basis.
2. The Assessment cell will build the capacity of SCERT, DCEBs and relevant stakeholders to develop high quality assessment tools and test items in order to diagnose the learning gaps of students studying in different classes.
3. Based on the diagnosis, intervention strategies covering various aspects like improved teacher training, curriculum revisions, school leadership programs, school standards etc. will be designed and implemented.
SCERT Assessment Cell
It is further informed that the Government has permitted to appoint
10 subject experts and assessment experts in the Assessment Cell of SCERT and
3 subject experts in the DCEB of each district. The subject experts will be appointed internally from the School Education Department.
Apply through Online mode:
The interested teachers with prescribed qualifications may apply online on the Commissionerate of School Education/SCERT/APeKX website.
Online Test and Interview:
The candidates who have applied for the post of subject experts will need to attend an online test and interview in-person in Vijayawada.
Therefore, all the DEOs and RJDSEs are instructed to issue proceedings to all the schools /DIETs /IASEs and give wide publicity through display in the notice board of their offices and schools /colleges. A press brief may also be given in the local newspapers to create awareness and attract applications.
The District Educational Officers in the State should verify and forward the application printout submitted by the candidates.The details relating to the Assessment cell and application guidelines and procedures can be viewed at Commissionerate/SCERT/APeKX website from 15.3.2017.
What is Assessment Cell?
The Assessment Cell will be composed of a team of 15 members- a mix of subject experts, assessment experts, data researchers and IT analyst, housed in SCERT. Capacity building of the members of the cell over 3 years will involve training in,
Test design and development
Data research and Assessment reporting skills
Test administration processes and best practices
By strengthening the Evaluation department of SCERT, through the Assessment Cell, this team of elite, highly skilled and specilaized people will become the singular point of contact for all assessments in the state. Capacity building will also happen at the district level through the DCEB on robust test administration processes and dissemination of school/teacher level insights.
Overall, the objective of the Assessment Cell will be to develop high quality assessments, analyze and disseminate the performance of students on a regular basis. The cell will provide an extremely clear picture of learning through robust diagnostic achievement surveys. Based on the diagnosis, intervention strategies covering various aspects like improved teacher training, curriculum revisions, school leadership programs, school standards etc. will be designed, implemented and monitored.
Need For Assessment Reforms
About Certification Course
The objective of the three-year certification course is to enhance the capabilities of the Assessment Cell members in various aspects of large-scale assessments such as sampling, test design, item writing, standardized test administration, test data management, basic and advanced analysis of data, report writing, dissemination of data, providing linkages to pedagogy and curriculum and further research into understanding student thought/answers.
The course will give a thorough understanding of the theory and also train the participants’ hands on to become full-fledged professionals in the domain of assessments and learning research. All participants will have to complete 13-course papers and a capstone project.
Assessment Cell Framework:
To achieve the goals of Assessment reforms in the state, the Govt. of AP has partnered with the following external organizations:
~ Center for Science of Student Learning (CSSL)
~ Samagra Development Associates
~ Central Square Foundation (CSF)
The Assessment Cell will be set up within SCERT. A steering committee composed of Principal Secretary, Education, Commissioner, Director SCERT, SSA SPD and representatives from external partners will provide the overall direction to the Cell. CSSL will deliver the 3-year, Large Scale Assessment Certification course, covered across 15 modules. Samagra will provide the technology and data enablement in the certification course, along with interventions to improve data collection and analysis. Additionally, Samagra will play the role of the Overall Program Coordinator for the Assessment reforms in the state. This unique multi-stakeholder partnership, envisions to achieve the below
- Build long term system and institutional capacity through an Assessment Cell comprised of personnel who will be professionally developed for enhancing the quality of all the activities currently undertaken by the evaluation wing.
- Strengthen the capacity of the evaluation wing for a smooth roll out of all learning assessments being planned and conducted at the state level.
- Strengthen the methodology in designing the assessment tools (test papers and background questionnaires) so that data is amenable for actionable insights.
- Strengthen data analysis to derive actionable insights, which will be inputs for teacher training and pedagogy.
- Improve report dissemination, all the way to school, so that the inputs are executed in the classrooms.
- Track the effectiveness of the Assessment Cell over time in improving the learning outcomes.
- Improve the usage of technology in the work flow of the Assessment Cell and in leveraging the data from the assessments.
About: Andhra Pradesh is making fast strides towards overall growth and sustainable development, Education provides the surest instrument for attaining these goals. Of the 7 Missions constituted by Government of Andhra Pradesh, Social Empowerment Mission plays a key role to user in the development paradigm and the underlying factor in this is Education.
Government of Andhra Pradesh manages and regulates over 60,462 Schools i.e., Government/ Zilla Parishad / Municipal/ Aided and Private. There are totally 68, 86,580 students enrolled in these schools. Of these 44,585 are Government Schools with an enrolment of 39,02,784 students.
Government is implementing several programmes aimed at improving the quality of education at every level
Basic infrastructure facilities in Schools
- Adequate class rooms
- Setting up Libraries
- School toilet
- Compound walls
- Setting up/upgrading Primary schools
- Free Mid-Day Meals
- School uniforms and school books to all students from Class I to Class X
- Enabling furnished classrooms with Computers, LCD Projectors & Screens to bring in audio visual teaching methods
- Bio metric attendance of Teachers & Students
- Providing transport facility to students in remote areas to attend schools
- Interventions for enrolling and retaining out of school children in schools
- Setting up residential schools for girl children, urban deprived children, and many more
In this regard, primary education acts as the basic enabling factor for participation, freedom and overcoming of basic deprivation; and secondary education facilitates economic development and establishment of social justice.
Assessment Cell Structure:
The Assessment cell will consist of a 15-member team at the State level. 11 members will be a mix of subject experts and assessment experts picked internally. The remaining members will consist of data researchers, IT analysts and a project management/test administration specialist. Additionally, there will also be a team at the DCEB level of each district. The team structure and composition is below.
- IT CELL AP for CSE AP- http://apassessmentcell.in/