TS Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarships Scheme Online Application 2020 is available for Minority Students. Government of Telangana State, Minorities Welfare Department has given CM Overseas Scholarship 2020 notification.
And Online Applications are invited from eligible candidates for grant of CM Overseas Scholarship / Financial Assistance for pursuing Post Graduate/ Doctoral Course in Foreign Universities for 2020-2021.
Overseas Scholarship Services that means registrations are opened for Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities at Overseas Scholarship Selection for SC, ST , BC and MINORITY Services Web Page and last Date For Registrations is 30-11-2020 at 5.00 PM
TS CM Overseas Scholarship 2020 Online application at telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in. The Department of Minority Welfare has requested to all Minority students who are interested in pursuing a foreign education should apply for CM Overseas Scholarship on or before 30-11-2020.
The government has taken steps to provide higher education abroad to poor minorities under the CM Overseas Scholarship Scheme.
Minority students who have taken admission from January to December 2020 to study PG and Doctorate abroad should register their application on the Telangana Overseas Scholarship website up to November 31.
The government will provide Rs.20 lakh in two phases for those pursuing higher education in Engineering, Management, Agriculture, Science, Medicine, Nursing, Social Science and Humanities courses.
Also pays to students for airfare up to Rs.60,000/-. Applicants should have an annual income of less than Rs.5 lakh and should apply online along with locality, caste, income verification documents, Aadhaar card and other relevant documents. Contact the office of the District Minority Welfare Officer for more details.
This scholarship names as Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities, TS CM Overseas Scholarship, TS Overseas Study Scheme, Telangana Overseas Study Scheme, TS Foreign Education Scheme, Scholarships for Foreign Studies, Financial Assistance for Foreign PG Courses and Doctoral Courses.
So, Eligible Minority students should apply for Overseas Scholarship (Overseas Vidya Nidhi) for the 2020-21 academic year through the Telangana State Minority Welfare Department.
60% marks in Degree (Engineering) and post-graduation, Only those who get 60 per cent marks in PG and want to do PhD are eligible. Beneficiaries of the scheme are required to get admission in selected foreign universities from January to December 2020.
Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Jain and Parsi students can apply from US, Canada, UK, Australia, France, Germany, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand and South Korea.
Required Documents: Must have SSC, Inter, Degree, PG Marks List, GRE, GMAT Exam Score Card, TOFEL, ILETS Exam Score Card, Caste, Residence, Birth Certificate, Income (not to exceed Rs.5 lakhs) Certificates.
Along with these, Aadhaar card, passport copy, proof of enrollment in foreign universities (1-20), Xerox copy of bank pass book and photo scan are required.
Eligible students online 30.11. 2020, can apply by 5pm. Application forms should be submitted to the office of the District Minority Welfare Department by 5.12.2020. Or applications www.telanganapass. can be submitted on the website telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in.
Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme: Government of Telangana State, Minorities Welfare Department introduced a new scheme of “Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities” for pursuing Higher Studies in Post Graduate Courses in Foreign Universities from the year 2020-2021 and it is a benefit to the students belonging to Minority Community.
Minority Students Overseas Scholarships: Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities. CM Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities. MW Students Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme scholarships. Minority Students Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme scholarships. Minority Students Overseas Study Scheme scholarships. Minority Students Ambedkar Foreign Study Scheme scholarships.
|Scholarship Name||TS CM Overseas Scholarship|
|Title||TS Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarships Online application 2020|
|Subject||MWD has given TS Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarships 2020 notification and invites online applications from eligible candidates|
|Category||TS Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarships /TS CM’s Overseas Scholarships / TS Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarships / TS Foreign Study Scheme scholarships (CMOSS)|
|Last Date to Apply||30-11-2020|
|Scholarship Amount||20 Lakh|
|Courses||The Scheme for pursuing Higher Studies in Post Graduate Courses in Foreign Universities|
The Telangana State Minority Welfare Department invites applications from the minority students (Muslim, Christian, Sikhs, Jains, Buddhists and Pharisees) for studying abroad under the CM Overseas Scholarship Scheme.
For those who want to pursue post-graduate education, they must have with 60% marks in Engineering Degree and Only 60% of the marks in the PG are eligible for PhD CM Overseas Scholarship program.
Students who can benefit from this scheme are required to get admission in foreign universities selected for the Fall Season 2020 (January 2020 to December 2020). Eligible students are eligible to apply through the online portal with certificates till to 30-11-2020.
For more details on this scheme, contact the District Minority Welfare Officer’s Office or visit the official website at www.telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in
|Overseas Scholarship Name||Details|
|National Overseas Scholarship for ST Students||NOS for ST|
|National Overseas Scholarship||NOS|
|Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi for SC, ST||Ambedkar Overseas Scholarship|
|Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities||CM Overseas Scholarship|
|Mahatma Jyothiba Phule Overseas Vidya Nidhi for BC and EBC students||MJP Overseas Scholarship|
|AP Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scholarship||AP Overseas Scholarship|
|AP Videshi Vidya Deevena||Overseas Study Scholarship|
Steps to apply for TS Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarships:
- The Government of Telangana provides Financial Assistance of an amount of Rs.20.00 Lakhs (Rupees Twenty Lakhs only) + One Way ticket fare to 50 (25 for Spring / 25 for Fall) eligible Christian minority students/graduates per year to pursue Post Graduate/Doctoral studies abroad as per the guidelines.
- Notification to be issued by Govt.
- Candidate should apply ONLINE at EPASS website
- Candidate should submit hard copies at concerned DMWO
- Candidate/parents should attend for the verification with original / xerox copies of certificates
- Director, MW will consolidate the eligible list and forward to the programmer to generate the merit list
- DMWOs will verify the certificates
- DMWOs will shortlist the eligible students as per guidelines
- DMWOs will submit the shortlisted list to DIRECTOR, MW
- After the merit list generated, the Director, MW requests the Govt., to convene the date for SLSC Meeting for Selecting the students
- SLSC will select the students based on MERIT list.
- District wise selected list is uploaded in the EPASS website by the Director, MW and also communicated to the DMWOs
DISBURSEMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP
- Release of Air Fare – Student must upload the boarding pass and Air Ticket in the EPASS website
- Release of 1st Installment– student must upload the University ID card and 1-94 /i20 in the EPASS website.
- Release of 2nd Installment – student must upload the 1st Semester Marks sheet in EPASS website.
Modified Orders for Overseas Scholarships:
G.O.Ms.No.66. Dated:09.11.2018 – GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA – SCHEDULED CASTE DEVELOPMENT (EDN) DEPARTMENT- SCDD- Education – Certain modifications in the existing financial Assistance Schemes such as “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme for SC & ST Students/ Overseas Study Scheme for MW Students /Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Schemes for BC Students” for pursuing higher studies in foreign countries – Modified Orders – Issued.
In the references 1st to 6th read above, Government of Telangana have issued orders granting the Financial Assistance to the meritorious SC/ST/MW and BC students to enable them to pursue higher studies in Post Graduate /PhD Courses in Foreign Universities subject to the certain eligibility conditions under Overseas Scholarship Schemes such as Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme for SC & ST Students/ Overseas Study Scheme for MW Students /Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Schemes for BC Students.
In the reference 7th read above, the Minority Welfare Dept., have informed that a meeting was held under the Chairmanship of Advisor to Government, Minorities Welfare with the Spl.CS/ Prl.Secy/Secretaries of Welfare departments including concern HODs. Wherein certain changes have been proposed to extend the benefit in large scale under the above-said schemes.
3. Government after careful examination of the matter hereby issue the following orders in partial modification of the orders issued in the reference first to sixth read above:
|Criteria||Addl. Common Criteria which is not included in the existing guidelines|
|Countries eligible||USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Germany, New Zealand, Japan, France and South Korea.|
|Income Criteria||Family Income shall be less than Rs.5.00 lakhs per annum from all sources.|
|Listing of Universities||Top Universities in the above said (10) Countries|
|Double P.G.||P.G. will be allowed for P.G. Admission in case of Humanities only.|
|MandatoryRequirements (i)||He/ She should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS and GRE/GMAT with the following minimum scores.|
1. TOEFL – 60
2. IELTS – 6.0
3. GRE – 260
4. GMAT – 500
|MandatoryRequirements||The Candidate shall not change the University/Course/research topic for which the scholarship has been sanctioned.|
|MandatoryRequirements||10% of overseas scholarships are reserved for Humanities, Economics, Accounts, Arts and Law students.|
|Mandatory Requirements Add as (xi)||The merit list generated with weightage of|
Degree marks – 60%
GRE/GMAT – 20%
IELTS/ TOEFL – 20%
|Mandatory Requirements Add as (xii)||The applicants to fill the educational qualification marks with secured marks along with total marks in the online application.|
|Mandatory Requirements Add as (xiii)||The applicants will fill the correct details in the online application form, the applicants who give false details, their application will be rejected and action initiated against the individual.|
(i) 5% of the Target for BCs reserved for EBCs.
(ii) For income criteria, the income of the parents+ if an employed student only to be considered not family.
(iii) Relaxation of 60% minimum marks in degree / PG should be considered only, subject to as the candidate gets adequate score in eligibility tests such as GRE / GMAT and IELTS/TOEFL and gets unconditional admission in the abroad Universities / Institutions in case if the registrations are not up to the expected levels within the Budget allocated and to be done only on case to case basis by the Government.
3. The Director, SCDD., TS., Hyd., Deputy Director(PMU), O/o. the Director, SCDD., TS., Hyd., and the Senior Project Manager, CGG, Hyd., are therefore requested take necessary steps to update the epass website to carry out the above changes immediately.
4. The Director, SCDD /Commissioner of Tribal Welfare/Director of B.C. Welfare/ Director of Minorities Welfare TS., Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly.
5. The above orders will come into force with immediate effect only.
6. This order issued with the concurrence of Finance Department, vide their U.O.No.2802/ 198/ SCSDF/ 2018, dated 28-08-2018
Age Limit: The qualifying upper age limit for applicants for the scheme shall not exceed 35 years as on 1st July of the year.
One-way ticket fare shall be paid to the selected candidates.
- No of Scholarships for FALL SESSION: 200 Scholarships
- Scholarship amount: 20 lakhs
(1) For Post Graduate Course: 60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation Degree in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences / Medicine and Nursing / Social Sciences / Humanities.
(2) For Ph.D. Courses: 60% marks or equivalent grade in P.G. course in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences / Medicine / Social Sciences / Humanities.
The student shall submit the following documents:
1. Caste Certificate from Mee Seva;
2. Income Certificate from Mee Seva;
3. Date of Birth Certificate;
5. Aadhaar Card;
6. E-pass ID Number;
7. Residential / Nativity Certificate;
5. Passport copy;
6. Mark sheet from SSC/Inter/Graduate/PG Level;
6. GRE / GMAT or equivalent qualifying exam/test scorecard;
7. TOFEL/IELTS scorecard;
8. Admission offer letter from Foreign University (I-20, letter of Admission or equivalent);
Scholarship amount Enhanced to 20 Lakhs:
GO.MS.No.29, Dated:09/08/2016: Govt Of TS- Minorities Welfare Department – CM’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities – Pursuing Higher Studies in Post Graduate and Doctoral Courses in Foreign Universities – Enhancement of Scholarship grant from Rs.10.00 to Rs.20.00 Lakhs-Accorded-Orders-Issued.
1) GO.Ms.No.24, M.W.(Estt.I) Dept., dated 19-05-2015.
2) GO.Rt.No.126, M.W.(Estt.I) Dept., dated 17-07-2015.
3) GO.Ms.No.22, S.C.D. (Edn.) Dept., dated 1-06-2016.
ORDER: In the G.Os., 1st & 2nd read above, orders have been issued introducing the “Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities” for pursuing Higher Studies in Post Graduate and Doctoral Courses in Foreign Universities from the year 2015-16, for the benefit of the poor and Meritorious students belonging to Minority Community. The Scheme is in operation from 2015-16 onwards.
2. In the G.O. 3rd read above, Govt. have enhanced the Scholarship Grant to S.C. Students from Rs.10.00 lakhs to Rs.20.00 Lakhs under “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi” Scheme.
3. Government after careful examination of the matter hereby order to enhance the Scholarship Grant amount from Rs.10.00 Lakhs to Rs.20.00 Lakhs (Rupees twenty lakhs only), subject to the usual guidelines issued vide G.Os., 1st & 2nd read above under the “Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities” on par with the SC Students.
4. The Fees shall be payable in two equal instalments as follows:
1st Instalment An amount of Rs.10.00 Lakhs or the actual fee (whichever is less) shall be payable to the Students upon production of the landing permit/1-94 Card (Immigration Card);
2nd Instalment An amount of Rs.10.00 Lakhs of the actual fee (whichever is less) shall be payable to the Students upon production of the 1st Semester Results.
The expenditure shall be debited to the Head of Account “ 2225 – Welfare of SCs., STs., & OBCs., – 80 – General – 800 – Other Expenditure – G.H.- 11 – State Normal Plan – S.H.-(40) – Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities – 340 – Scholarships & Stipends. 6. These orders will come into force with immediate effect.
7. The Director, Minorities Welfare, Telangana State, Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly.
How to Apply: Desirous candidates can submit an application online through the Website: www.telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in
Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities:
GOs & Guidelines:
|G.O.Ms.No.24, Minorities Welfare (Estt.I) Department, dt:19.05.2015 – Guidelines||Download|
|G.O.Rt.No.126, Minorities Welfare (Estt.I) Department, dt:17.07.2015 – Naming of the Scheme||Download|
|GO Ms.No.29, Minorities Welfare (Estt.I) Department, dt:09.08.2016 – Enhancement of Grant||Download|
|GO Ms.No.66, Scheduled Caste Development (EDN) Department, dt:09.11.2017 – Countries Eligible||Download|
|GO Ms.No.22, Backward Class Welfare (B) Department, dt:22.11.2017 – Income limit||Download|
|Director, Minorities Welfare Notification No.1690/A1/CMW/OSSM/2019, dt:08.02.2020||Download|
Registrations for Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme are open.
Last date for submission of online applications: 31-11-2020 for Minority Students.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details