#Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities, CMs Overseas Scholarships, TS Overseas Study Scheme, Telangana Overseas Study Scheme, TS Foreign Education Scheme, Scholarships for Foreign Studies, Financial Assistance for Foreign PG Courses and Doctoral Courses. Government of Telangana State, Minorities Welfare Department has given CM’s Overseas Scholarships 2018 notification in August and Online Applications are invited from eligible candidates fro grant of Scholarship/ Financial Assistance for pursuing Post Graduate/ Doctoral Course in Foreign Universities for 2018-2020. Last date for Online Application Form.
Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme: Government of Telangana State, Minorities Welfare Department introduced a new scheme of “Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities” for pursuing Higher Studies in Post Graduate Courses in Foreign Universities from the year 2019-2020 and it is benefit to the students belonging to Minority Community.
Minority Students Overseas Scholarships: Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities. CM Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities. MW Students Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme scholarships. Minority Students Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme scholarships. Minority Students Overseas Study Scheme scholarships. Minority Students Ambedkar Foreign Study Scheme scholarships.
Link: TS Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarships Online Application 2019 for Minority Students
- Steps to apply for Overseas Scholarships:
- The Government of Telangana provides Financial Assistance of an amount of Rs.20.00 Lakhs (Rupees Twenty Lakhs only) + One Way ticket fare to 50 (25 for Spring / 25 for Fall) eligible Christian minority students/graduates per year to pursue Post Graduate/Doctoral studies abroad as per the guidelines.
- Notification to be issued by Govt.
- Candidate should apply ONLINE at EPASS website
- Candidate should submit hard copies at concerned DMWO
- Candidate / parents should attend for the verification with original / xerox copies of certificates
- Director, MW will consolidate the eligible list and forward to the programmer to generate the merit list
- DMWOs will verif the certificates
- DMWOs will shortlist the eligible students as per guidelines
- DMWOs will submit the shortlisted list to DIRECTOR, MW
- After merit list generated, the Director, MW requests the Govt., to convene the date for SLSC Meeting for Selecting the students
- SLSC will select the students based on MERIT list.
- District wise selected list is uploaded in the EPASS website by the Director, MW and also communicated to the DMWOs
- DISBURSEMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP
• Release of Air Fare – Student must upload the boarding pass and Air Ticket in the EPASS website
• Release of 1st Installment – student must upload the University ID card and 1-94 /i20 in the EPASS website
• Release of 2nd Installment – student must upload the 1st Semester Marks sheet in EPASS website
Modified Orders for Overseas Scholarships:
G.O.Ms.No.66. Dated:09.11.2018 – GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA – SCHEDULED CASTE DEVELOPMENT (EDN) DEPARTMENT- SCDD- Education – Certain modifications in the existing financial Assistance Schemes such as “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme for SC & ST Students/ Overseas Study Scheme for MW Students /Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Schemes for BC Students” for pursuing higher studies in foreign countries – Modified Orders – Issued.
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.36, TW (Edn.2) Dept, Dt:04.06.2013.
2. G.O.Ms.No.54, SW (Edn.2) Dept, Dt:28.06.2013.
3. G.O.Ms.No.7, SCD (Edn) Dept., Dt:29.04.2015.
4. G.O.Ms.No.24, MW (Estt.I) Dept., Dt.19.05.2015.
5. G.O.Ms.No.2, SCD (Edn) Dept., Dt:04.02.2016.
6. G.O.Ms.No.23, BCW (B) Dept, Dt:10.10.2016.
7. U.O.No.2672/MW.Estt.I/A2/2018, Dt:28.07.2018.
In the references 1st to 6th read above, Government of Telangana have issued orders granting the Financial Assistance to the meritorious SC/ST/MW and BC students to enable them to pursue higher studies in Post Graduate /Ph.D Courses in Foreign Universities subject to the certain eligibility conditions under Overseas Scholarship Schemes such as Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi Scheme for SC & ST Students/ Overseas Study Scheme for MW Students /Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi Schemes for BC Students. 2. In the reference 7th read above, the Minority Welfare Dept., have informed that a meeting was held on 19.07.2018 under the Chairmanship of Advisor to Government, Minorities Welfare with the Spl.CS/ Prl.Secy/Secretaries of Welfare departments including concern HODs. Wherein certain changes have been proposed to extend the benefit in large scale under the above said schemes.
3. Government after careful examination of the matter hereby issue the following orders in partial modification of the orders issued in the reference first to sixth read above:
|Sl.No.||Criteria||Addl. Common Criteria which is not included in the existing guidelines|
|1.||Countries eligible||USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Singapore, Germany, New Zealand, Japan, France and South Korea.|
|2.||Income Criteria||Family Income shall be less than Rs.5.00 lakhs per Annum from all sources.|
|3..||Listing of Universities||Top Universities in the above said (10) Countries|
|4.||Double P.G.||P.G. will be allowed for P.G. Admission in case of Humanities only.|
|5.||MandatoryRequirements (i)||He/She should have a valid TOEFL/IELTS and GRE/GMAT with the following minimum scores.|
1. TOEFL – 60
2. IELTS – 6.0
3. GRE – 260
4. GMAT – 500
|6||MandatoryRequirements||The Candidate shall not change the University/Course/research topic for which the scholarship has been sanctioned.|
|7||MandatoryRequirements||10% of overseas scholarships are reserved for Humanities, Economics, Accounts, Arts and Law students.|
|8||Mandatory Requirements Add as (xi)||The merit list generated with weightage of|
Degree marks – 60%
GRE/GMAT – 20%
IELTS/ TOEFL – 20%
|9||Mandatory Requirements Add as (xii)||The applicants to fill the educational qualification marks with secured marks along with total marks in online application.|
|10||Mandatory Requirements Add as (xiii)||The applicants will fill the correct details in the online application form, the applicants who give false details, their application will be rejected and action initiated against the individual.|
(i) 5% of the Target for BCs reserved for EBCs.
(ii) For income criteria, income of the parents+ if employed student only to be considered not family.
(iii) Relaxation of 60% minimum marks in degree / PG should be considered only, subject to as the candidate gets adequate score in eligibility test such as GRE / GMAT and IELTS/TOEFL and gets unconditional admission in the abroad Universities / Institutions in case if the registrations are not up to the expected levels within the Budget allocated and to be done only on case to case basis by the Government.
3. The Director, SCDD., TS., Hyd., Deputy Director(PMU), O/o. the Director, SCDD., TS., Hyd., and the Senior Project Manager, CGG, Hyd., are therefore requested take necessary steps to update the epass website to carry out the above changes immediately. 4. The Director, SCDD /Commissioner of Tribal Welfare/Director of B.C. Welfare/ Director of Minorities Welfare TS., Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly. 5. The above orders will come into force with immediate effect only.
6. This order issued with the concurrence of Finance Department, vide their U.O.No.2802/ 198/ SCSDF/ 2018, dated 28-08-2018
The qualifying upper age limit for applicants for the scheme shall not exceed 35 years as on 1st July of the year.
One-way ticket fare shall be paid to the selected candidates.
No of Scholarships for FALL SESSION:
(1) For Post Graduate Course: 60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation Degree in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences / Medicine and Nursing / Social Sciences / Humanities.
(2) For Ph.D. Courses: 60% marks or equivalent grade in P.G. course in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences / Medicine / Social Sciences / Humanities.
The student shall submit the following documents:
1. Caste Certificate from Mee Seva;
2. Income Certificate from Mee Seva;
3. Date of Birth Certificate;
5. Aadhaar Card;
6. E-pass ID Number;
7. Residential / Nativity Certificate;
5. Passport copy;
6. Mark sheet from SSC/Inter/Graduate/PG Level;
6. GRE / GMAT or equivalent qualifying exam / test score card;
7. TOFEL/IELTS score card;
8. Admission offer letter from Foreign University (I-20, letter of Admission or equivalent);
Scholarship amount ENHANCED to 20 Lakhs:
GO.MS.No.29, Dated:09/08/2016: Govt Of TS- Minorities Welfare Department – C.M.’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities – Pursuing Higher Studies in Post Graduate and Doctoral Courses in Foreign Universities – Enhancement of Scholarship grant from Rs.10.00 to Rs.20.00 Lakhs-Accorded-Orders-Issued.
1) GO.Ms.No.24, M.W.(Estt.I) Dept., dated 19-05-2015.
2) GO.Rt.No.126, M.W.(Estt.I) Dept., dated 17-07-2015.
3) GO.Ms.No.22, S.C.D. (Edn.) Dept., dated 1-06-2016.
ORDER: In the G.Os., 1st & 2nd read above, orders have been issued introducing the “Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities” for pursuing Higher Studies in Post Graduate and Doctoral Courses in Foreign Universities from the year 2015-16, for the benefit of the poor and Meritorious students belonging to Minority Community. The Scheme is in operation from 2015-16 onwards. 2. In the G.O. 3rd read above, Govt. have enhanced the Scholarship Grant to S.C. Students from Rs.10.00 lakhs to Rs.20.00 Lakhs under “Ambedkar Overseas Vidya Nidhi” Scheme.
3. Government after careful examination of the matter hereby order to enhance the Scholarship Grant amount from Rs.10.00 Lakhs to Rs.20.00 Lakhs (Rupees twenty lakhs only), subject to the usual guidelines issued vide G.Os., 1st & 2nd read above under the “Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities” on par with the SC Students.
4. The Fees shall be payable in two equal instalments as follows:-
1st Instalment An amount of Rs.10.00 Lakhs or the actual fee (whichever is less) shall be payable to the Students upon production of the landing permit/1-94 Card (Immigration Card);
2nd Instalment An amount of Rs.10.00 Lakhs of the actual fee (whichever is less) shall be payable to the Students upon production of the 1st Semester Results.
The expenditure shall be debited to the Head of Account “ 2225 – Welfare of SCs., STs., & OBCs., – 80 – General – 800 – Other Expenditure – G.H.- 11 – State Normal Plan – S.H.-(40) – Overseas Study Scheme for Minorities – 340 – Scholarships & Stipends. 6. These orders will come into force with immediate effect. 7. The Director, Minorities Welfare, Telangana State, Hyderabad shall take necessary action accordingly.
How to Apply:
Desirous candidates can submit application online through the Website: www.telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in
READ | TS Overseas Study Scheme New Guidelines
READ | TS Foreign Education Scheme For Minorities
Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme for Minorities. Registrations for Chief Minister’s Overseas Scholarship Scheme are open. The last date for Registration is 27-09-2019.
*Last date for submission of online applications: 27-09-2019 for Minority Students
1. Last date of receipt of applications for this year : 27-09-2019
2. Scrutiny of the applications by the Selection Committee and notification of Merit List…
1. TS Overseas Scholarships Online Application for Minority Students
2. http://telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in/ **
4. FRESH REGISTRATION FOR OVERSEAS SCHOLARSHIPS (SC,ST,BC,Minority)
For more details on Post-Matric Scholarships(Fee Reimbursement)……….