Disabled son/ daughter shall be eligible for Family Pension: The family pension admissible to the disabled children, of deceased Government servants/pensioners, after their marriage, The disabled son or daughter shall be eligible for family pension even after marriage. Govt Of AP, PENSIONS – The family pension admissible to the disabled children, of deceased Government servants/pensioners, after their marriage – Amendment – Issued.
FINANCE (HRM.V) DEPARTMENT,
G.O.MS.No. 221 Dated: 21-11-2016
Read the following:
1. Government of India O.M.No. 1/33/2012- P&PW (E), dated 16.01.2013.
2.G.O.Ms.No. 95, GA(Spl.A) Dept, dated 28.02.2013.
3.G.O.Ms. No.77, Finance (HRM.V) Department, Dt. 12.5.2016.
Government of India in the reference 1st read above has allowed that the disabled children are eligible for family pension after marriage.
2. In the Government Order second read above, the Government of Andhra Pradesh constituted the Tenth Pay Revision Commission. The Tenth Pay Revision Commission, after due consideration of the existing family pension rules recommended the following in respect of sanction of family pension to the mentally retarded/ physically challenged children. “The mentally retarded / physically challenged children should be paid the family pension for their life irrespective of their marriage since the concession is given as a welfare measure”.
3. Government after careful examination of the matter has decided to allow family pension to the mentally retarded / physically challenged children for their life time irrespective of their marriage and hereby order that the existing provisions under Rule 50(5) of APRPRs 1980 be amended by adding the following condition (vi) under proviso (ii) to sub-rule (5) of Rule 50 of APRPRS 1980. “(vi) The disabled son or daughter shall be eligible for family pension even after marriage.”
4. All pension sanctioning authorities are instructed to examine the proposals in the light of the above amendment and sanction the family pension to the disabled children of the deceased Government servants/pensioners, even after their marriage duly following the orders issued in the reference third read above.
5. The following notification shall be published in the Andhra Pradesh Gazette.
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution of India, the Governor of Andhra Pradesh hereby makes the following amendment to the Andhra Pradesh Revised Pension Rules, 1980.
The following shall be added as condition (vi) under proviso (ii), sub-rule 5 of Rule 50 of Andhra Pradesh Revised Pension Rules 1980.”(vi) The disabled son or daughter shall be eligible for family pension even after marriage.”