HRVD Haritha Rakshaka Vidyarthi Dalam in all High Schools: Chetlanu Penchudam – Manamoo Perugudam, HRDV Activities, Haritha Rakshaka Vidyarthi Dalam(HRVD) in all High Schools, List of activities to be conducted on Plantation.
Haritha Rakshaka Vidyarthi Dalam (HRVD) in all the High Schools
- Appoint one Coordinator, preferably SA (Biological Science) to organize the HRVD activities.
- Identify 15 students who have interest in planting and protecting trees as leaders of . HRVD. Students of classes 8th and 9th shall only be considered as leaders. However, all the students in the school shall be involved in the activities.
- The HRVD students shall be acting as leaders for other students in the activities of planting (One Tree of One Student).
The motto shall be ‘Chetlanu Penchudam – Manamoo Perugudam’.
- The HM and HRVD/NGC teacher shall approach the Govt. Nurseries with proper indent in writing for procuring plants.
- Sensitizing the students and thereby the local community shall be done under this programme in Mission Mode.
- Each student shall be encouraged to plant a tree, protect the tree on individual responsibility basis. All the Teachers shall also be given responsibility of the groups.
- Wherever there is no adequate space in the school premises, the HM, in consultation with the local community, shall identify a very nearby place for the plantation activities. Govt. buildings with compound walls shall be given priority.
- Involve all the teachers to the possible extent.
- Mobilize the local community and involve them in HRVD Activities.
List of activities to be conducted on Plantation:
- Digging of pits for plantation
- Collection of plants for nursery (Mosaic, mango fruit & shadow-other allotment of trees to shrub-mango tree plantation-Maintenance of Kitchen Shed.
- Quiz on protecting of flower stomata.
- Compost fertilizer-use for plants. (Plantation/Nursery)
- School Gardening
- Project Work on identification of Land resources in the school/out of the school.
- Preparation of Herbarium (Project work)
- Collection/ Exhibition; Medicinal Plants & Usage.