How to Apply for India Post GDS Recruitment, Apply Online till September 4: The India Post has invited online applications for recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) vacancies. The candidates who wish to apply for the India Post GDS vacancies are advised to visit the official website – appost.in – to check the detailed notification and submit applications for the recruitment process. The India Post is conducting this recruitment drive for selection of the Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) posts for Assam, Bihar, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, and Punjab post circle.
India Post has extended the registration and fee payment date for the recruitment of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) vacancies for various circles. The interested candidates can register online and pay the Online Fee for the India Post GDS recruitment through the official website of India Post @ appost.in- till September November 11,-2020.
The India Post, Ministry of Communications, has released a notification for the posts of Gramin Dak Sevaks Cycle for Andhra Pradesh, Telangana (Eligibility – Passing 10th Class with Telugu as one of the subjects) and Chhattisgarh (Eligibility – Passing 10th Class with Hindi as one of the subjects) circles.
The online application process for India Post Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Chhattisgarh circles has started from October 22. The link to apply online has been activated at its official website at indiapost.gov.in. The last date to apply online is November 21. There are a total of 2707 vacancies will be filled in Andhra Pradesh circle, 1799 in Chhattisgarh circle and 970 in Telangana circle. The recruitment will be done for the posts of Branch Postmaster (BPM), Assistant Branch Postmaster (ABPM) and Dak Sevak. The process of registration and fee payment started on Tuesday, October 15 and will continue till November 14.
Applications can be made in online mode only. Candidates who want to apply will have to register through indiapost.gov.in or appost.in/gdsonline or http://www.appost.in. Note: Visit official website of India Post for details like eligibility conditions, how to apply, how to pay fees and much more.
Branch Post Master: The Job Profile of Branch Post Master will include managing affairs of GDS Branch Post Office, India Posts Payments Bank (IPPB) and ensuring uninterrupted counter operation during the prescribed working hours using the handheld device/Smartphone supplied by the Department.
Assistant Branch Post Master: The Job Profile of Assistant Branch Post Master will include all functions of sale of stamps/stationery, conveyance and Delivery of mail at doorstep deposits/payments/other transactions under IPPB, assisting Branch Postmasters in counter duties using the handheld device/Smart phone supplied by the Department.
Dak Sevaks: The Job Profile of Dak Sevaks will include all functions of viz sale of stamps and stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail and any other duties assigned by Postmaster/Sub Postmaster including IPPB work in the Departmental Post Offices/RMS.
Candidates need to pay the application fee on or before November 11,-2020.
UR/OBC/EWS: Rs 100
Women/SC/ST: No fee
PwD: No fee
India Post GDS Vacancies:
The India Post is conducting this recruitment drive for selection of candidates for a total of 5476 vacancies available in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Chhattisgarh circles.
Andhra Pradesh: 2707
A total of 10066 Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Posts will be filled in through this recruitment process. The eligible candidates are advised to submit their online application for the post of India Post GDS through the official website – www.appost.in. The application process for the same started on 15.10.2019, and the last date to submit the application form is November 11,-2020.
Candidates who have passed class 10th with Mathematics and English as compulsory or elective subjects from a recognized Board of School Education can apply for the India Post Gramin Dak Sevak posts. So, Applicants must have passed class 10 examination with passing marks in mathematics and English (studied as compulsory subjects). The candidates who have passed class 10 examination in first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those who have passed through compartment. Knowledge of local language and basic computer is a must.
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: 40 Years
Applicants should not be of less than 18 years and above 40 years as on October 15,-2020. There is relaxation of age for some category of applicants. Age relaxation is applicable to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ EWS Candidates as per rules
Selection Process: The selection will be done on the basis of automatically generated merit list made on the basis of candidates’ online application. Only marks obtained in class 10 exam will be considered.
Steps to Apply:
1. Initially candidate has to register in the Registration module once per cycle and obtain unique registration number
2. Candidates required to make fee payment(UR/OBC/EWS Male). Can pay through any Head Post Office Fee Payment Offices /Online
3. Candidate has to apply using registration number and other details (Keep ready the required scanned copies in prescribed format and size of Photo, Signature, SSC marks memo, DOB certificate if DOB not on SSC marks memo, additional SSC marks memos if any, Community (SC /ST /OBC /EWS) certificate if applicable, computer certificate, PH certificate if applicable for hassle-free applying)
4. Candidate can check the application status
5. For getting registration number/Fee ID for forgot candidates, can be checked at Forgot Registration /Fee Details
6. For Change of Mobile Number Change of Mobile Number
How to Apply for India Post GDS Recruitment:
The Online application process contains three stages,
Stage I: Registration – Initially candidate has to register in the Registration module once per cycle and obtain a unique registration number
Stage II: Fee Payment – UR/OBC/EWS Male need to make the fee payment. Offline payments can be made at any Head Post Office. List of Post Offices
- Stage III: Apply Online for India Post GDS Recruitment
- Fill the Application form with the required information
- Upload the necessary documents.
- Submit Post preferences.
- Preview and take a print out.
- Completion of these steps will only be treated as submission of application.
Direct Link to Apply Online to GDS Recruitment
India Post GDS Recruitment Important Dates
Registration & Fee Payment start date: 15.10.2019
Registration & Fee Payment end date: 14.11.2019
Submission of online application start date: 22.10.2019
Submission of online application end date: 21.11.2019
Instructions to Candidates
1. Please go through the notification thoroughly before applying online for job profile, other eligible conditions and selection criteria, etc..
2. A candidate can apply for a maximum of twenty posts all over India per cycle of online engagement. This inter alia means that a prospective candidate can apply for twenty posts on a single application spread across one Circle or several Circles. This cap of twenty posts is inclusive of vacancies arising in candidate’s home Circle. Home Circle means belonging or native / domicile state of a prospective candidate in which he is permanently residing and that Postal Circle is providing opportunity. Hence, candidates should exercise due care while utilizing the twenty choices available to her/him in each Cycle. However, only one post will be offered for each Circle if she/he has applied for one or more posts in each Circle.
3. Once Registered, the same mobile number will not be allowed for further Registrations of any other candidates also. In case of any duplicate Registration is found by altering the basic details all the candidatures relating to all such Registrations will be removed for consideration of selection.
4. Secondary School Examination pass certificate of 10th standard with passing marks in Mathematics and English (having been studied as compulsory or elective subjects) conducted by any recognized Board of School Education by the Government of India/State Governments/ Union Territories in India shall be a mandatory educational qualification for all approved categories of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
5. The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard [as compulsory or elective subjects] as declared by the State Government or as per constitutional provisions relating to the 8th schedule of Constitution of India.www.appost.in/gdsonline