Govt Of India, Department of Post has published the India Post TS GDS Recruitment 2021 notification. Applications are invited from eligible candidates by the respective appointing authority for filling up BPM, ABPM, Dak Sevak Posts.
India Post has opened application window for recruitment in Telangana Postal circle. The registration and fee payment process has been started. The submission of application forms will begin on 27-01-2021and will end on 01-03-2021. The vacancies which will be filled through this recruitment include that of Branch Manager, Assistant Branch Manager, and Dak Sevak.
Total 1150 vacancies are available in Telangana circle. Applicant must have passed class 10th examination from a recognized board of education with passing marks in mathematics and English. Candidates who have qualified in 10th board examination in their first attempt will be given preference over those who passed it compartmentally.
Knowledge of local language is mandatory for recruitment. “The candidate should have studied the local language at least up to 10th standard (as compulsory or elective subject) as declared by the State Government or as per constitutional provisions relating to the 8th schedule of Constitution of India,” reads the official recruitment notice. The lower age limit is 18 years and upper age limit is 40 years. Relaxation on upper age limit is permitted for reserved categories.
Telangana Postal Circle invites applications for the recruitment of the following Gramin Dak Sevak vacancies.
1. GDS BPM,
2. GDS ABPM,
3. Dak Sevak
Total No. of posts: 1150
Qualification: 10th standard. The candidate should have computer knowledge and will be required to furnish basic computer training certificate for at least 60 days from a recognized Computer Training Institute.
Age: Between 18 to 40 years
Selection: Based on marks obtained in 10th standard.
Application Fee: Rs.100 (Fee is exempted for all Female, SC/ST and PH candidates).
How to Apply: Online mode
Last date for online application: 01-03-2021
Age limit: The minimum and maximum age for the purpose of engagement to Gramin Dak Sevaks posts shall be between 18 and 40 years of age as on the last date of submission of application through online. The maximum age shall be relaxable by 03 (three) years to those belonging to OBC categories and 05 (five) years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST. [10 years for PH above the respective category]
Educational Qualification: The candidate should pass 10th standard from approved state boards by the respective State Govt. / Central Govt. The state wise list of approved boards is at Annexure ‘A’. No weightage will be given for possessing any qualification(s) higher than the mandatory educational qualification. The Candidate passed X class examination in first attempt will be treated as meritorious against those passed compartmentally.
Computer Knowledge: The candidate should have computer knowledge and will be required to furnish basic computer training certificate for at least 60 days from a recognized Computer Training Institute. Certificates from Central Government/ State Government/ University/ Boards etc., will also be acceptable for this purpose.
This requirement of basic computer knowledge certificate shall be relaxable in cases where a candidate has studied computer as a subject in Matriculation or Class XII or higher educational qualification provided the candidate submits a certificate of Matriculation or Class XII or higher educational qualification in which he/she has studied computer as a subject.
The candidate selected for the post of GDS BPM must mandatorily take up his/her residence in the Branch Post Office village within one month after selection but before engagement as Gramin Dak Sevak Branch Postmaster. The candidate shall submit a declaration to this effect in the application. The candidate selected for the post of other than GDS BPM should reside in post village/delivery jurisdiction.
ADEQUATE MEANS OF LIVELIHOOD: The candidate applying for the post shall note that he/ she will have adequate means of livelihood to support himself/ herself and his/ her family from other sources so as to have to supplement his/her income.
However, this shall not be a pre requisite for candidates for the purpose. Selected candidate shall be required to comply with this condition within 30 days after selection but before engagement. The candidate shall furnish an undertaking in the application itself that he/ she has other sources of income besides the allowances to be paid by the Government for adequate means of livelihood for himself/ herself and his/her family. The candidate after selection as Gramin Dak Sevak shall have to give the undertaking again before engagement.
FURNISHING OF SECURITY: The candidate applying for the post shall note that he/she shall furnish security amount of Rs. 25,000/- in the event of his/her engagement for the post of BPM and Rs. 10,000/- for other categories. The security shall be in the form of Fidelity Guarantee bond or National Savings Certificate pledged to the Department of Posts in the name of the President of India.
ACCOMMODATION FOR LOCATING BRANCH POST OFFICE:
The candidate selected for the engagement of BPM shall have to provide centrally located accommodation in the Branch Post Office village within 30 days for use as Post Office premises and the expenditure of the hiring if any needs to be borne by the candidates.
- No person holding an elective office will be considered for engagement to the post.
- The candidate selected as Gramin Dak Sevak shall not engage in any activity with any outside agency which would be detrimental to the business or interest of the Post Office.
- Past experience or service of any kind will not be considered for selection.
- Cycling knowledge is a pre-requisite condition for GDS posts attached with outdoor duties.
- A Gramin Dak Sevak shall be outside the Civil Service of the Union and governed by GDS (Conduct and Engagement) Rules 2011 as amended from time to time.
1. Selection will be made as per the automatic generated merit list as per the rules based on the candidates online submitted applications.
2. No weightage will be given for higher educational qualification. Only marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage to the accuracy of 4 decimals will be the criteria for finalizing the selection. Passing of all the subjects as per the respective approved board norms is mandatory for taking candidate into account for calculating the merit.
3. In case candidates get the same marks, the merit order would be taken as DOB(higher age as merit) .ST Female, SC Female, OBC/UR female, ST Male, SC Male, OBC/UR Male.
4. Candidate can opt any five choice of posts with preference of priority from the Circle/Circles applied. In case if the candidate is selected in all choices the least priority preference will be retained and all other candidatures will be forfeited.
Ex : If a candidate opts for five posts with preference post1, post2, post3, post4, post5 etc and selected as meritorious in more than one posts only the post with priority preference will be offered and the candidature for all the remaining posts will be forfeited.
5. In case candidate willfully uploads wrong documents/information and unnecessary documents, his candidature will not be considered. Similarly in case the candidate enter marks erroneously either high or low with reference to marks list uploaded then the candidature will also not be considered.
6. The candidate will get an SMS on his provisional selection on the prescribed date after selection. Mere getting SMS or any other communication on selection will not entitle the candidate to claim for regular selection/appointment. The final selection/appointment will be based on satisfactory completion of verification and genuineness of all educational & other documents produced by the candidates by the concerned authorities.
a) Department is not responsible for non-receipt of email/SMS by the candidate due to any specific reason or without any reason arising out of providers services and other dependencies. However, a physical communication in regard to provisional selection intimation will be sent by respective recruiting authorities in due course as per the selection procedure.
7. Candidate can view his/her result status in the website by providing the reference number till the results are announced. once results are declared and post is filled, it can be viewed in the results status which provides all details of the candidates applied for that post.
How to apply: Candidate who desires to apply online will have to register himself in the portal with the basic details to obtain the Registration Number.
1. For registering the candidature, the candidate should have the following essential data.
i) Name (In capital letter as per the SSC Marks Memo including spaces)
ii) Father Name
iii) Mobile Number
iv) Date of Birth
vii) PH – Type of Disability – (HH/OH/VH)- Percentage of disability viii) 10th Class passed state
ix) Board of Passing x) Year of Passing
xi) 10th Class Certificate Number
2. Any candidate will be allowed to register only one time in the portal. With this registration number he may apply to any of the Circles or any number of optional posts. Candidate should not attempt willful duplicate registrations since duplicate registration entitles disqualification of the registration.
3. Fee: Applicant of category OC/OBC Male should pay a fee of Rs.100/- (Rupees one hundred) at any Head Post Office. However, fee payment is exempted for all Female and SC/ST candidates. They may apply online directly through the provided link in the Website.
Candidates belonging to SC/ST and Female need not to pay Fee. They Can Register and apply Online directly with Registration Number. Candidates belonging to UR/OBC Male are required to make Fee payment after Registration Process and can Apply Online after availability of Fee ID and Registration Number. Candidates who has to pay fee payment can make payment only at Head Postoffices.No other mode of payment is allowed
4. Candidate who requires to make the payment has to visit any Head Post Office to make the payment. For making the payment candidate should inform Registration Number at the PO Counter.
5. For applying online candidate should submit the application by providing information of Registration Number and Fee payment Number (In case of fee to be paid) and proceed to fill up the subsequent information. Documents uploaded once against one registration number will remain in the server hence for submission of subsequent posts and for other Circles candidates need not upload any documents. The candidates need to upload documents in the following format.
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS: The appointing authority of each post reserves the right to modify or cancel the notification of a post at any time without assigning any reason.
Application online Submission Start Date: 27-01-2021
Application online Submission End Date: 01-03-2021