How to fill JEE Main 2020 application form at https://jeemain.nic.in, JEE Main registration to be started/ JEE Main 2020 registration, know how to fill application form at jeemain.nic.in: The registration process for Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) to be started from February 8 (September 1 for January Exam). Candidates who wish to appear for the exam can apply for the same from the official website of JEE main (https://jeemain.nic.in/). The last date to submit the form is on March 7 (September 30 for January Exam). NTA, the exam conducting body, has already released the eligibility, syllabus and other details regarding the entrance examination. NTA will start the registration process for the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) on www.jeemain.nic.in. The engineering entrance examination is conducted for admission to various engineering colleges like IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs. In 2013, the Union Human Resource Development Ministry introduced JEE-Main and JEE-Advanced in place of AIEEE and IIT-JEE which were two separate exams earlier. There was no link between the performance of the student in these two exams. JEE Main January Exam (JEE Main I Exam)
JEE Main II 2020 April Exam application forms from February 8: NTA would be opening the online application for JEE Main 2020 Exam II or April Examination on February 8, 2020. National Testing Agency, NTA has released the JEE Main 2020 Jan Scores in record time. As many as 8.7 lakh students had appeared for the JEE Main 2020 January examination. NTA would conduct the JEE Main 2020 April examination next. Online application forms for JEE Main 2020 April examination would commence on jeemain.nic.in from February 8, 2020. Important dates are provided below. However, a question that is bothering students now is whether or not to appear for the JEE Main 2020 April examination.
The National Testing Agency has published the examination schedule on its official website. As per the NTA schedule, the JEE (Main) registration process for January 2020 examination will begin from September 3, 2019. Interested and eligible candidates, can apply online, through the official website – https://jeemain.nic.in.
Admission criteria to Undergraduate Engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTI), Institutions funded by participating State Governments, and other Institutions shall include the performance in the class 12/ equivalent qualifying Examination and in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main). The Paper – 1 (B. E. /B. Tech.) of JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programs offered by the IITs.
Mode of Examination
JEE (Main) 2020 will be conducted in the following mode:
a) Paper-1 (B.E. /B. Tech.) in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only.
b) Paper-2 (B. Arch/ B.Planning): Mathematics- Part I and Aptitude Test-Part II in “Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only and Drawing Test –Part III in “Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on drawingsheet.
Type of Examination
a. JEE (Main) April 2019 shall have two papers, Paper-1 (B.E. /B. Tech.) and Paper-2 (B.Arch. /B.Planning).
b. Candidates may take Paper-1 (B. E. /B. Tech.) or Paper-2 (B. Arch. /B.Planning.) or both as per the course(s) they are seeking admission to.
c. Subject combinations for each paper, type of questions in each paper and mode of examination is given in the table below:
PAPER SUBJECTS TYPE OF QUESTIONS MODE OF EXAMINATION
|PAPER||SUBJECTS||TYPE OF QUESTIONS||MODE OF EXAMINATION|
|Paper – 1|
Physics & Chemistry
|Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with equal weightage to Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry||“Computer Based Test|
(CBT)” mode only
|Paper – 2
|Mathematics – Part I|
Aptitude Test – Part II
|Objective Type – Multiple|
Choice Questions (MCQs)
|“Computer Based Test|
(CBT)” mode only
|Drawing Test – Part III||Questions to test|
|“Pen & Paper Based”
(offline) mode to be
The requirement of papers for different courses is given in the table below:
1. All other undergraduate courses (B.E. /B. Tech.) Paper-1
2. B.Arch /B. Planning (at institutions other than IITs) Paper-2
JEE (Main) – ELIGIBILITY
For appearing in the JEE (Main) examination there is no age limit for the candidates. The candidates who have passed XII examination in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE (Main) examination – 2019. The candidates should also satisfy themselves about their fulfilling the age limit requirements of the Institutes in which they are desirous of taking admission.
The National Testing Agency (NTA) extended the online registration deadline for the January JEE (Main) 2020 examination. Earlier, the last date to register for the JEE Main January 2020 exam was September, 30, 2019. As per the extended deadline, the students can now register for the exam till October 10, 2019.
- Q. When will the JEE (Main) registration process begin?
- NTA will begin the online registration process of JEE (Main) 2020 from September 3, 2019.
- Q, How can I apply for JEE (Main) 2020?
- You can submit the online application form for the JEE (Main) 2020 through the official website of NTA – nta.ac.in.
- Q. When is the last date to apply online?
- Candidates can submit the online applications for JEE (Main) January 2020 examination till October 10, 2019.
- Q. What is the age limit JEE (Main) 2020?
- There is no age limit to appear for JEE Main 2020 examination.
READ | JEE Main Exam Info
While it may appear that there is no flip side to appearing for the April examination again for students who are placed in the 90 percentile and above bracket, that may not be the real case. Students have to carefully examine their score and assess their performance. Remember that the candidates would qualify for the JEE Advanced 2020 based on their JEE Main 2020 Rank. A few things to consider before you decide.
The better of the two scores – JEE Main 2020 January or JEE Main 2020 April would be considered should a student choose to appear in both the examination. JEE Main 2020 Rank would be considered based on the total NTA score. In case there is a tie, the higher JEE Main Rank would be given to
Students who score a higher score in Mathematics
Students who score higher in Physics
Students who score higher in Chemistry
Age (Elder student gets precedence)
In case two candidates tally in all the above parameters, same JEE Main 2020 rank would be allotted to the students. To decide hence, it would be prudent to assess the raw score from the answer keys that you have scored in the examination and assess if you can improve that score. JEE Main 2020 April or second attempt applications would open next month. Experts suggest that the students who have scored a raw score of about 250 and above and are ranking above 85 percentile may not worry about appearing for the exam in April.
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) MAIN will be conducted by the NTA from 2020 onwards. JEE Main is applicable for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards. For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12thclass examination.
Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E./B.Tech. & B. Arch./B. Planning Courses in NITs, IIITs, and other CFTIs is as under:- Required Criteria based on Class 12th / Equivalent qualifying Examination.
a. B.E/B.TECH Course: Passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
b. B.ARCH./B.PLANNING Course: Passed 10+2 examination with Mathematics.
Interested candidates can apply for the same on the official website, the link for which is https://nta.ac.in/Engineeringexam
The candidate must have been born on or after October 1, 1994. Candidates interested in applying need to be intermediate or class 12 pass from a recognized board and must have appeared and qualified in class 12th examination in 2018 or 2019 or should appear in the class 12 examination in 2019.
Admission criteria for IIT:
The number of attempts for JEE Main is limited to 3
Admission criteria to undergraduate engineering Programs at NITs, IIITs, Other Centrally Funded technical institutions, institutions funded by participating state governments, and other Institutions shall include the performance in the class 12/equivalent qualifying Examination and in the Joint Entrance Examination, JEE (Main)
The Paper 1 (BE/BTech) of JEE (Main) will also be an eligibility test for the JEE (Advanced), which the candidate has to take if he/she is aspiring for admission to the undergraduate programmes offered by the IITs
Joint Entrance Examination, JEE Main 2020 January registrations are set to close from now on 10-10-2019 and JEE Main 2020 April registrations are set to close from now on February 8. Candidates who are aspiring to get admission in an engineering college or hope to apply for JEE Advanced 2020 for IIT admissions are required to fill the JEE Main 2020 forms. This is a gentle reminder to all the engineering aspirants that there may not be an extension to fill the form. Hence, students interested are advised to fill the online application forms for JEE Main 2020 on the official website “https://jeemain.nic.in/webinfo/Public/Home.aspx”.
Students are advised to carefully go through the information bulletin before filling the application forms. The Aadhaar Card has been made mandatory for JEE Main examinations. Candidates who do not have the id card can apply and provide the UID registration number to fill the forms. The students from outside of India are, however, not required to provide aadhaar number while filling the application forms.
Aadhaar card: Since last year, the Aadhaar card has been made mandatory. The applicants who have enrolled for Aadhaar and have not received their card should enter 14 digits Aadhaar Enrolment No. with slash (‘/’) printed on the Aadhaar enrolment slip at the time of filling the online application form for JEE(Main) 2020.
The application process is completely online and this time, no hard copies of the application forms will be accepted. The exam fee ranges from Rs 1,000 for general category boys to Rs 250 for reserved category girls.JEE Main 2020 Important dates
JEE Main I for January Exam:
JEE Main January 2020 revised schedule
a. Exam Commences from January 6
b. Online submission of application forms: September 3 to October 10
c. Successful final transaction of fee: 03.09.2019 to 11.10.2019 (through Credit/Debit Card/Net Banking/UPI and PAYTM Service up to 11.50 p.m.)
d. Correction in particulars: 14.10.2019 to 20.10.2019 (upto 11.50 p.m.)
e. Downloading of admit cards: December 6,
f. Dates of examination: January 6 to January 11 (8 different sittings and candidate can choose anyone)
g. Declaration of results: January 31NTA JEE Main January Exam Schedule 2020
|JEE Main 2020 January Registration Begins||September 2, 2019|
|The last date to apply online on jeemain.nic.in||October 10, 2019|
|Download JEE Main 2020 January Admit Cards||December 6, 2019|
|Exam Dates||January 6 – January 11, 2020|
|Declaration of Result||By January 31, 2020|
JEE Main II for April Exam:
a. Commences from April 6
b. Online submission of application forms: February 7 to March 7
c. Downloading of admit cards: March 16
d. Dates of examination: April 3 to April 09 (8 different sittings and candidate can choose anyone)
e. Declaration of results: April 30NTA JEE Main April Exam Schedule 2020
|JEE Main 2020 April Registration Begins||07-02-2020|
|The last date to apply online on jeemain.nic.in||07-03-2020|
|Download JEE Main 2020 April Admit Cards||16-03-2020|
|Exam Dates||April 3 to 9, 2020|
|Declaration of Result||30-04-2020|
JEE Main 2020 exam date:
A. The pen-paper (offline) exam will be held from January 6 to January 20 in the computer-based (online) exam for JEE Main January 2020 Exam
B. The pen-paper (offline) exam will be held from April 6 to April 20 in the computer-based (online) exam for JEE Main April 2020 Exam.
NTA JEE Main 2020: Documents needed
- Copy of passport-sized photograph with date and signature
- Scanned copy of signature to upload
- Date of birth as mentioned on class 10 certificate
- Class 10 and class 12 mark sheet
- EWS, PWD, SC/ST or another reservation certificate, if applicable
- Education qualification certificates
How to apply for JEE Main Registrations 2020:
1. Go to the official NTA website, https://jeemain.nic.in/webinfo/Public/Home.aspx;
2. Click on ‘Apply for JEE(Main)-2020’;
3. Fill in all the required details in the prescribed format;
4. Click to submit;
5. Candidates are advised to take a print-out for future reference
How to fill JEE Main 2020 Application form:
Step 1: Enter the official website of the NTA JEE Main: https://nta.ac.in/Engineeringexam
Step 2: Click on the Apply for JEE Main on the homepage
Step 3: A new page will open. There will be options for those who are already registered and those who are registering for the first time
Step 4: Read the instructions carefully
Step 5: Fill the online application form, choose your password and note down system generated
Step 6: Upload the scanned photograph
Step 7: Pay exam fees
Step 8: The candidate, who has opted for Computer Based Examination of Paper 1, should select the date/slot after payment of Examination Fee.
Direct Link: https://jeemain.nic.in/
But from 2013, an IIT aspirant has to write JEE-Main and need to be in top 2,20,000 students (in 2013 it was 1,50,000 students) to qualify to appear for JEE-Advanced. The selection process of IITs purely depends on the performance of JEE-Advanced.
The selection process for NITs used to depend on JEE-Main score along with normalised class 12 score till 2016 but from 2017, the selection process of NITs purely depend on JEE-Main score only.
Though there is no direct weightage in class 12 marks in the selection of either IITs or NITs, the student has to score a minimum of 75 per cent in board exam to join in one of these.
The exam pattern remains the same for the JEE-Main. The duration of the exam is for three hours and the questions are from mathematics, physics and chemistry based on class 11 and class 12 syllabus of CBSE.
A total of 30 questions from each subject will be given and each correct answer carries 4 marks and whereas each incorrect answer carries -1 mark. Around 1.2 million students are writing this exam every year.
Joint Entrance Examination, JEE Main 2020 registrations to be started on the official website https://nta.ac.in/Engineeringexam. Aspirants can apply online on the official website.
Important Instructions for Candidates before they apply online for JEE Main 2020:
1. Aadhaar Card has been made compulsory for the JEE Main 2020 registration.
2. Candidates who are writing the JEE Main 2020 with the aim of writing the JEE Advanced 2020 must also read the revised eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced. Please note, while the number of attempts allowed in JEE Main 2020 is three, the limit of attempts for JEE Advanced is capped at 2. Hence, students are advised to check the new eligibility criteria provided in the link above before filling the form.
3. Please make sure you are filling the correct online application form. The official website for JEE Main 2020 is https://nta.ac.in/Engineeringexam. Candidates are advised to copy the link in a window and go to the official website.
4. Please note, it is advised to fill the online application forms from a desktop or a laptop pc. Avoid filling the forms on mobile devices or i-pads.
5. Candidates would be required to upload their picture and signature on the website. The picture must be in a proper format as specified in the instructions given in the JEE Main 2020 information bulletin. Also, parents would also have to upload their signature to the form. The size and specification of the uploads are also provided below.
6. Candidates are also requested to be very careful while filling the details. While candidates may be allowed to make minor corrections in the image upload, there is no guarantee NTA would open an edit window. Also, personal information cannot be changed once registered. Candidature registered more than once on the same id would be summarily rejected.
7. Aspirants are also advised to carefully go through the list of centres available. Please note, pen and paper mode is not available from this year. All aspirants are requested to carefully go through the centre list before filling the options. The facility to change the centre once applied for, would not be provided to the candidates.
List of qualifying examinations (QE):
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central/ state board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc
- Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized board/ university.
- Final examination of the two-year course of the joint services wing of the National Defense Academy (NDA)
- Senior secondary school examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects
- Any public school/ board/ university examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Higher secondary certificate vocational examination
- A diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3 year duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the advanced level
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva
About JEE Main 2020:
The Joint Entrance Exam is conducted every year for candidates seeking admissions in Under Graduate Engineering programmes in the prestigious IITs, NITs, IIITs and various other CFTIs (Centrally Funded Technical Institutions) across the country.