National Children’s Science Painting Competitions, Art Competition for Children. With the support of UNESCO New Delhi Office, United Schools Organisation of India (USO), in collaboration with National Institute of Science Communication and Information Resources (NISCAIR), is organizing the National Children’s Science Painting Competition.
‘Science, a Human Right’. National Children’s Science Painting Competition(Art Competition for Children) in 2020. Open to students of Class I – XII, the competition shall be held on October 15, 2020, at 9.30 a.m. in schools all over India, on the theme of the 2020 World Science Day for Peace and Development (10 November), ‘Science – a Human Right’.
The main aim of this competition is to highlight the importance of science in our everyday lives and encourage young curious minds to link science to their daily activities. One student from each grade in every school shall receive the ‘Best Entry Standard-wise’ award; and also state-level and national winners shall be selected. Paintings of the winners shall be printed on a calendar to be published by USO, with due credit to the schools and winning entries.
Last date to registration: 5 October 2020.
Rc.No.4360: SCERT, Telangana State, National Children’s Science Painting Competition: The attention of all the District Educational Officers in the State is invited to the references read above and it is informed that the United Schools Organisation of India, USO House, New Delhi is organizing the National Children’s Science Painting Competition in collaboration with CSIR-NISCAR with the support from UNESCO on 15.10.2020.
This year’s theme from UNESCO is ‘Science. A Human Right. The competition is open for students all over India of standards I to XII. The organization shall be awarding certificates to all participants and shall be selecting winners State-wise and Nationally. National Children’s Science Painting Competitions.
The winners shall be getting special certificates, medals, trophies. The details of the competition is enclosed with the above letter for kind perusal Therefore, they are requested to follow the guidelines attached with the letter and take necessary action immediately. National Children’s Science Painting Competition Rules and Regulations:
1. Students from Standard 1 to 12 can participate through their school only;
2. This year’s theme by UNESCO is ‘SCIENCE-A HUMAN RIGHT”. Standard wise sub-themes as below: Class 1 Healthy Food Class 7 Solar Energy Class 2 Plants around us Class 8 Crop burning and pollution Class 3 Happy Earth Class 9 Driverless cars Class 4 Helpful honeybees Class 10 Global warming Class 5 Plastic pollution Class 11 Mission to Mars Class 6 Science Festival Class 12 Artificial Intelligence
3. To commemorate the birthday of Dr A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, former President of India, date of the competition shall be at 9.30a.m. on Monday October 15, 2020. If schools wish to conduct the competition sooner/later due to clash in schedule, please contact our office:
4. Participating students to bring their own drawing sheet (size: 12″ x 16.5″) and medium of colour for the competition. All painting medium: Oil, Acrylic, Pastel, Watercolours, Coloured pencils, Colour pens, Crayons: are permitted for the competition:
5. Time allowed for the competition is 75 minutes: Teachers of each school to conduct the competition Standard wise: Additional time may be allotted to students by teachers, if necessary; Each entry should have the following at the back page of the Painting, clearly written in bold: Name of the student, Standard and Section, Name of the school, Complete school address (with city, state and PIN code):
6. Schools to send 5 paintings from each standard to USO offices in New Delhi (United Schools Organisation of India, USO House, USO Road, 6, Special Institutional Area, New Delhi 110 067). USO NISCAIR UNESCO to select the ‘Best Entry: Standard-wise (1 entry for each Standard from each school). Judging criteria Creativity and originality, Artistic Ability based on age, Message (of the theme). Overall impression.
7. Entries should reach USO not later than Wednesday, October 31, 2020. If applicable, USO Membership Number to be mentioned;
8. All participants to receive e-Certificates on or before Saturday, November 10, 2020 (emailed to schools); Winners of ‘Best Entry Standard-wise’ from each school shall be issued Certificate of Recognition: (1 per Standard for each school) on or before Friday, November 30, 2020
9. Schools with more than 100 student participation to be entered into ‘State Standard-wise Competition’: USO, NISCAIR and UNESCO to pick state 2020. winners, who shall be awarded medals; Results on Monday, December 10,
10. USO, NISCAIR and UNESCO to pick 12 National winners from State Standard-wise Competition’ winners. Results to be declared on Monday, December 31, 2020. National winners to be awarded prizes. USO, NISCAIR and UNESCO reserve the right to use all paintings on its print or e-print publications and mediums, display in offices, or any other platform they see fit. Paintings of the National winners shall be selected for the annual calendar with due credit given to school and student. The decision of USO, NISCAIR and UNESCO is final and binding on all.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details