NEET PG 2021 Medical Entrance Test for MD/MS, PG admissions, NEET PG is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses as per Section (10) of the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
The National Board of Examinations (NBE) has announced the provisional schedule for the forthcoming computer-based-tests including National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test Postgraduate (NEET PG 2021), NEET MDS 2021, Foreign Medical Graduates Examination (FMGE 2020), DNB Post Diploma Centralised Entrance Test (DNB PDCET 2021).
According to the provisional schedule,
- NEET PG 2021 will be conducted on 18-04-2021,
- NEET MDS 2021 will be held on To be notified.
- The PMGE December 2020 session exam will be held on To be notifiedwhile
- the DNB PDCET 2021 admission session will be held on To be notified.
NEET-PG is a single-window entrance examination for PG courses. No other entrance examination, either at state or institution level, shall be valid for entry to MD/MS/PG Diploma Courses as per the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956 w.e.f. 2021 admission session.
The examination dates of the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) PG will be released by the National Board of Examination (NBE). NEET PG 2021 examination will be held on the notified date. The application form and other details are available at the official address – nbe.edu.in.
NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test) is the single eligibility cum entrance examination for admission to postgraduate medical courses (MD/ MS and PG Diploma courses). NEET is mandatory even for the foreign nationals seeking admission in PG courses in India.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET MDS 2021 registrations will be opened. Candidates interested in applying for MDS or Masters in Dental Surgery admissions for 2021 are required to appear for and clear the NEET MDS examination. The online applications have now started on the official website nbe.edu.in. NEET MDS 2020 entrance examinations would be conducted on the notified date.
National Board of Examinations, NBE has released the online application forms and information bulletin regarding NEET MDS 2021. As per the official notification, the online application forms can be filled up till 11:55 pm on November 6. Interested candidates to please note that only online application forms would be accepted. Candidates are also required to upload their photograph and signature as asked.
A fee of Rs. 2750 for reserved category candidates and Rs. 3750 for general category candidates is applicable for the examination. Also, the candidates applying for the examination are required to have completed their internship on or before 31st March.
How To Apply: candidates can go to the official website nbe.edu.in and click on the Links for Application forms available under NEET MDS 2021 tab. Candidates are strongly advised to go through the NEET MDS 2021 information bulletin carefully to understand the eligibility and other details. The NEET PG 2021 application forms are expected to be released within this month as well or early in November.
NEET PG 2020 Tentative dates: National Board of Examinations (NBE) will conduct NEET 2021 on 18-04-2021. In a notification released on the official website – nbe.edu.in, the board has announced that the registration process will begin very soon.
Medical aspirants applying for the exam need to have Aadhaar card/ registration number NEET (National Eligibility Entrance Test) is the single eligibility cum entrance examination for admission to postgraduate medical courses (MD/ MS and PG Diploma courses).
Eligibility criteria for NEET PG 2021: Education: Only those candidates can apply who have an MBBS degree or provisional MBBS pass certificate from a recognized college. He/ She should possess a permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS qualification issued by the Medical Council of India or State Medical Council. Candidate should also have completed one year of internship or are expected to complete the internship on or before March 31, 2020.
Registration fees: For general category and OBC, it is Rs.3,750 while for SC/ST/ PWD/ PH, it is Rs.2,750.
The Computer Based Test (CBT) will comprise of 300 multiple choice questions from the MBBS curriculum followed at medical colleges in India. The syllabus for the exam shall comprise of subjects/knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India
Scope of NEET PG 2021: NEET PG 2021 shall be a single eligibility cum entrance examination namely ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to Postgraduate Medical Courses’ for the academic session 2020 which will include the following:
- All India 50% quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses (all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, and Telangana)
- State quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses for all States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, and Telangana)
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at all Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- DNB Broad specialty courses (January 2020 Admission Session)
Eligibility Criteria for NEET PG 2021:
Candidates in possession of MBBS degree/Provisional MBBS Pass Certificate from a Medical College/Institute duly recognized as per the provisions of the Indian Medical Council Act, possessing either a permanent or provisional registration certificate of MBBS or equivalent qualification issued by the Medical Council of India / State Medical Council and have completed one year of internship or are likely to complete the same on or before 31tt March 2020 may apply for NEET-PG through online application system at www.nbe.edu.in
NEET PG/ MDS exam dates:
- National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test Post Graduate, NEET PG on 18-04-2021
- NEET-MDS 2020: December 16,
- Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) -Screening Test: December 04
- DNB Post Diploma CET (DNB-PDCET: January 28.
NEET PG 2020 and NEET-MDS 2020 will be held on a single day in a single session. The MCQ based examination will be conducted in computer-based mode. The application process is likely to begin in October, and the candidates have to apply online. Scheme of Examination: 1. Allocation of time for the NEET-PG 2020 shall be as follows:
|Candidate Entry Time at |
|9:00 AM||2:45 PM|
|Reporting Counter Entry Closes||9:30 AM||3:15 PM|
|Check-in Procedure||9:00 AM to 10:00 AM||2:45 PM TO 3:45 PM|
|Exam Start Time*||10:00 AM||3:45 PM|
|Exam End Time||1:45 PM||7:30 PM|
*Includes 15 min. of test tutorial. Kindly note that the candidates shall be allocated to appear either in FORENOON session or in the AFTERNOON session i.e. NEET-PG 2020 comprises ONE session/candidate only.
2. Syllabus: The syllabus for the exam shall comprise of subjects/knowledge areas as per the Graduate Medical Education Regulations issued by Medical Council of India with prior approval of Government of India. Kindly refer to the MCI website www.mciindia.org for the complete document. The syllabus shall be as per the latest Graduate Medical Education Regulations notified by the Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Govt. of India. For Graduate Medical Education Regulations please refer to www.mciindia.org
3. The examination shall be a multiple choice questions exam delivered on a computer-based platform (CBT).
4. The exam comprises of 300 Multiple Choices, single correct response questions in English language only. Time allotted is 3hr. 30 min. The weightage of MCQs in each specialty is indicative and purely provisional. NBE reserves its right to alter/vary/amend the same.
5. Negative marking: There shall be no negative marking.
6. Subject wise distribution of Questions for NEET PG 2020
|S.NO||SUBJECT||SUBJECT WISE WEIGHTAGE OF QUESTIONS (IN NO.)|
|8||SOCIAL AND PREVENTIVE MEDICINE||25|
|9||MEDICINE DERMATOLOGY AND VENEREOLOGY||37|
|10||SURGERY, ENT, ORTHOPEDICS & ANAESTHESIA||46|
|11||RADIODIAGNOSIS & RADIOTHERAPY||12(6+6)|
|12||OBSTETRICS AND GYNAECOLOGY||25|
Note: The syllabus of the above topics shall be as per the latest Graduate Medical Education Regulations notified by the Medical Council of India with prior approval of the Govt. of India. For Graduate Medical Education Regulations please refer to www.mciindia.org.
Applying for NEET PG 2021: Candidates can register for NEET-PG through an online portal. Candidates can choose the exam center and date through the online registration system on a first come first serve basis. Admit card will be sent to the candidates on their registered email ID after successful completion of online registration and payment of fees.
The last date to submit the application form is November 22
NEET PG 2020 examination will be held on January 10
Examination Fee: General /OBC Candidates: Rs.3750/- SC/ST/PWD/ (PH) Candidates: Rs 2750/- The fee for the examination has to be remitted through payment gateway, at the time of online registration, using a credit card or debit card issued by Banks in India or through online banking.
Last date for online registration and scheduling for NEET PG 2020 to 6th November 2020 (tentative)
NEET PG is conducted every year for 10,821 Master of Surgery (MS), 19,953 Doctor of Medicine (MD) and 1,979 PG Diploma seats at 6,102 institutions. NEET MDS is conducted for admission to 6,501 seats — 50 per cent all India quota (AIQ) and 50 per cent state quota — in participating institutions.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details