National Scholarship Portal short name is NSP Portal. National Scholarship portal 2020 www.scholarships.gov.in to apply for scholarship schemes at scholarships.gov.in.
Fresh and Renewal Online scholarship application would be available every at the National Scholarship Portal across India. Now, National Scholarship Portal is open for Fresh and Renewal Applications.
The National Scholarship Portal Version (NSP) is a unique and simplified platform created for students to help them to avail of the benefits of educational scholarships in an efficient and transparent manner.
The main objective of the National Scholarship Portal 2021 is to provide Automation, Streamlining & Effective Management of processes related to Application receipt, Processing, Sanction and Disbursal of Centrally Sponsored Scholarship schemes to Students.
National Scholarships Portal is a one-stop solution through which various services starting from student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various scholarships to Students are enabled. National Scholarships Portal is taken as Mission Mode Project under National e-Governance Plan (NeGP)
National Scholarship Portal Details
National e-Scholarship is the one-stop solution to help students seek various scholarships.
|Portal||National Scholarship Portal|
|Name of the portal||National Scholarship Portal (NSP Portal)|
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Agency||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology|
|Listed Scholarships||Central schemes, UGC schemes, AICTE schemes and State schemes|
|Number of scholarships||80 above|
|Registration Timeline||July/August to October/November (tentative)|
Vision & Mission of NSP Portal
National Scholarship Portal 2020 is a single stop solution for end to end scholarship process right from submission of student application, verification, sanction, and disbursal to end beneficiary for all the scholarships provided by the Government of India.
The Mission Mode Project (MMP) of National Scholarships Portal under the National e-Governance Plan aims at providing a common electronic portal for implementing various Scholarships schemes launched by Union Government, State Government and Union Territories across the country.
Thus, this initiative aims at providing a Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive & Transparent ‘SMART‘ System for faster & effective disposal of Scholarships applications and delivery of funds directly into beneficiaries’ account without any leakages.
Types of Scholarships
National scholarships are broadly categorized into Central Schemes, UGC Schemes, AICTE schemes and State schemes.
The main departments which host their scholarships under the central scheme section of the National Scholarship portal include the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Ministry of Labour and Employment, Ministry of Tribal Affairs and others.
These scholarships are meant to serve the distinctive requirement of both meritorious and underserved students studying at pre-matric and post-matric level of education.
- CSS Scholarships under Central Sector Schemes
- UGC Scholarships under UGC Schemes
- AICTE Scholarships under AICTE Schemes
- State Scholarships under State Schemes
NSP Portal Stages
NSP Portal is open for students, institutions and government departments. The overall stages of the NSP portal mentioned below will give you a clear insight of how the portal actually functions.
- Stage 1: Online registration and submission of application by students
- Stage 2: Initial level of application verification at Institute level
- Stage 3: Second and third level of application verification at District/State/Ministry level
- Stage 4: Creation of beneficiary records and validation of account by PFMS (Public Finance Management System)
- Stage 5: Deduplication of applications and generation of merit list
- Stage 6: Generation of payment file and financial approval
- Stage 7: Disbursement of the scholarship amount through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT)
Objectives of NSP
1. Ensure timely disbursement of Scholarships to students
2. Provide a common portal for various Scholarships schemes of Central and State Governments
3. Create a transparent database of scholars
4. Avoid duplication in processing
5. Harmonization of different Scholarships schemes & norms
6. Application of Direct Benefit Transfer
Benefits of NSP
1. Simplified process for the students
a. All scholarship information available under one umbrella
b. Single integrated application for all scholarships
2. Improved transparency
a. The system suggests the schemes for which a student is eligible
b. Duplicates can be reduced to the maximum extent
3. Helps in standardization
a. Master data for Institutions and courses at all India level
b. Scholarships processing
4. Serves as a decision support system (DSS) for Ministries and departments as up-to-date information will be available on demand.
5. Comprehensive MIS System to facilitate monitoring every stage of Scholarships distribution i.e. from student registration to delivery of funds
National Scholarship Portal Features:
The main features of the National Scholarship Portal 2020 include the following points. Students can Register and Submit their application online (For Applying for centrally/state-sponsored scholarship schemes), from anywhere at anytime
Students can View/Track the status of their own application with User ID and Password generated by the system. Students can Renew their applications with the same credential(Student ID/Password)
Uploading of documents by students in support of their claims (such as income, mark sheets, bank account details, category, caste certificate, etc.) be enabled for easy verification and transparency
Provision of SMS and e-Mail alerts to the Stake Holders such as Institution and students at various stage of processing. Renewal of the application by the Institutes only – by importing the application from previous year
Role-Based Unique Login ID and Password will be made available for all stakeholders. Auto & bulk processing of Scholarship application by the Institute
Easy Scholarship Sanctioning process for Sanctioning Authority. Auto disbursal of Scholarship to Student’s Bank Account. Easy monitoring of Scholarship by the Department and State Authority
- What is NSP Portal?
NSP Portal is the National Scholarship Portal for the effective implementation and disbursement of various government of India scholarship schemes.
- How the NSP portal functions?
The NSP portal offers distinctive functionalities for students, institutions and government departments.
- What happens when a student submits the scholarship application form at NSP?
When a student submits the scholarship application form at NSP, after students scholarship application form would be verified by institution, District/State/Ministry level department for santion of scholarship
- Who is eligible to apply for NSP Scholarship Schemes?
Students fulfilling the Scheme guidelines of various Ministries are eligible to apply for these Pre matric and Post matric scholarships. These are available on the Home Page of the NSP Portal.
- What is the last date for submitting Scholarship applications online at NSP Poral?
Closure dates for acceptance of various scholarship applications are available in National Scholarships Portal.: 31-10-2020
- How can I apply online for National scholarships?
In order to apply online, please visit the National Scholarship website through URL www.scholarships.gov.in
- How to submit the online application? Should I need the user id and password to apply for a National Scholarship?
Applying procedures for National and State Scholarship Schemes for both Fresh and Renewal are given below:
Fresh Scholarship application: Student has to Click on the option “Student Login”, on the home page of the National Scholarships Portal. Fill up the application as per the instructions given by the system then click on the Save button. After saving, the student will get a “Temporary ID”. The system will instruct the applicant to submit his/her Temporary ID and date of birth to fill subsequent details. Once registration is complete on click of submit button, a Permanent Registration ID is generated which can be used for Renewal and tracking the status of the application
Renewal Scholarship application: Renewal Students have to apply with their Application Id and Date of Birth which they registered in the previous year. Students can also use Forgot Application ID to retrieve their ID. Only those students would be able to Renew who had actually got the scholarship payments last year from NSP
- Can I edit the information already saved and up-to what time?
All the information can be edited until the closure of the Scholarship application form. After final submission, your application will be forwarded to the next level and application hereby cannot be edited.
- Which fields in the Scholarship application form are mandatory?
Fields provided with a red asterisk (*) mark are mandatory fields.
- What happens, if I detect mistakes after forwarding the Scholarship applications to the next level?
You should separately inform the mistakes detected by you to the Institute/District/Region/State. The software provides facility at the level of the Institute & State to edit & correct limited information.
- Which fields Institute/State can edit in the Scholarship Application?
The Fields which can be edited are: Gender, Religion, Category, Profession, Annual Income, Aadhar Number, Disability, Day Scholar/Hostler, Mode of Study, IFSC Code, Account No., Admission Fees, and Tuition Fees. However, corrections made by the Institute/State, if any, would be conveyed instantly to the student through SMS/email.
- Do I have to fill up the online application in one sitting?
No. You can fill up the online application in as many sittings as you wish until you are satisfied that you have entered all desirable fields correctly. The NSP software provides the facility to save your application at every stage.
- What is a national scholarship?
‘National Scholarship’ refers to various scholarships to Students that are meant to support the studies of Indian nationals studying within India. Both government and private organizations offer such scholarships for students to help them pursue their academic dream.