GoI Post Matric Scholarships for Students belonging to the Minority Communities, Post-Matric Scholarships For Minority Students, Important dates for Post-Matric Scholarships, Last Date, AP and TS Post Matric Scholarships.
Post-Matric Scholarships: The Prime Ministers New 15 Point Programme for the Welfare of Minorities was announced in June 2006. It provides that a post-matric scholarship scheme for meritorious students from minority communities would be implemented.
The objective of the scheme is to award Post Matric scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority community so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education, increase their rate of attainment in higher education and enhance their employability.
MOMA Post Matric Scholarship 2022
The Post Matric Scholarship is to be awarded for studies in India in a government or private higher secondary school/college/university, including such residential institutes of the Government and eligible private institutes selected and notified in a transparent manner by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned.
It will also cover technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres affiliated with the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) of classes XI and XII level including Polytechnics and other courses (any course of less than one year duration is not covered under this scheme; Certificate courses are also not covered). The scheme is being implemented/funded by Ministry of Minority Affairs through the States/UT’s Administration.
Post Matric Scholarships for Minority Students 2022 Details
|Name of the Scholarship||Post Matric Scholarship for Minority Students|
|Title||Post Matric Scholarship for Minority Students 2022|
|Scheme Closing Date||15-01-2022|
ANNOUNCEMENT OF SCHEME: The scheme will be announced by the concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration well in time, through advertisements in the leading language newspapers and local dailies and by using other suitable publicity media.
Eligibility: The Minorities Post Martic scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.2 lakh.
Selection Procedure for Post Matrict Scholarships: Unlike scholarship for SC and ST, there are a fixed number of scholarships for minorities is small and limited. Students from BPL families, having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order. The renewal applications would be fully exhausted before the new applications are considered.
Fresh Post-Matric Scholarships – As the number of scholarships for minorities available in a year is fixed and limited, it is necessary to lay down preference for selection. Inter-se selection weightage is to be given to poverty rather than marks (the applicant is required to submit an income certificate as per para-11(ii)). In case of same income, merit shall be generated from ‘Date of Birth’ criteria of applicant (senior is preferred).
Minority Post Matric Scholarship Details
|Scholarship Name||Minority Post Matric Scholarship 2021|
|Number of Post Matric Scholarships||No Limit|
|Courses||Class XI & XII,|
UG & PG Level Courses
|Pragati Scholarship Amount||a. Rs.7000 per annum for Class XI & XII|
b. Rs.10000 per annum for Class XI & XII technical and vocational courses
c. Rs.3,000 for for UG & PG level Courses
|Family income||must not be above 2 Lakh|
|Mode of Payment||The awardee will be paid scholarship through DBT mode on annual basis.|
Renewal of Post-Matric Scholarships – There is no merit list generation for renewal cases. Renewal applicant will get the scholarship if one has obtained 50% in his/her previous year’s examinations (at the same institute and in same course) and his/her application is verified by all authorities (as designated by Ministry of Minority Affairs) and approved by State Governments/UTs.
The scholarship, once awarded, may be renewed during the next academic year of the course on the production of certificate that the student has secured 50% marks in the previous year’s examination (provided the students pursues the same course and same Institute/School).
Duration of Post Matric Scholarships: The scholarship will be provided for the entire course. However, maintenance allowance will be given for a period not exceeding 10 months only in an academic year.
Announcement of Scheme: The scheme will be announced by the concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration well in time, through advertisements in the leading language newspapers and local dailies and by using other suitable publicity media.
PATTERN OF FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: The scheme is Central Sector Scheme and 100% funding is provided by the Ministry of Minority Affairs.
Post Matric Scholarship Amount
Rate of Minority Post Matric Scholarship: Actual financial assistance will be provided for admission & course /tuition fee and maintenance allowance as given below subject to a maximum ceiling indicated against item concerned for months in an academic year.
Rate of Scholarship Admission + Tuition Fee
- Admission and tuition fee Class XI & XII: Rs. 7,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Admission and course/tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII level (Courses of one or more year of duration): Rs. 10,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- Admission and tuition fee for UG & PG level: Rs. 3,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)
- For Class XI & XII including Tech. & Voc. Course*: Rs. 380/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 230/- per month for Day Scholar
- For Courses other than Tech. & Prof. courses at UG & PG level*: Rs. 570/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 300/- per month for Day Scholar
- For M.Phil & Ph.D.*: Rs. 1,200/- per month for Hosteller & Rs. 550/- per month for Day Scholar
How To Apply for Post Matric Scholarship for Minority Students 2022?
All the Christian Minority students are aware of the scholarships that are available on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP portal) and students fulfil the eligibility conditions specified, students can apply for them online at National Scholarship Registration portal. After applying online, the hard copy and all required below mentioned enclosures should be sent to the O/o the Executive Director (Minorities Welfare) of the concerned district. The given steps to be followed for making a successful application on the portal.
- Visit the scholarships.gov.in Website
Minority students need to visit the official website of the NSP portal, https://scholarships.gov.in in your device browser.
- Click on New User? Register Link
Once you reach the official website, you click on the New User Registration link on the home page. Applicant should read and understood the guidelines for registration. After tick on the radio buttons, you can click on the Click on the Continue button.
- Fill the Fresh Registration Form
After clicking on that link, a Fresh Registration form would be opened. Now, Select the the Post Matric / MC/ Top Class for Class 11, 12, UG, PG etc., from the Scholarship Category and Select the Post Matric Scholarship and fill the form with required information and click on the register button and fill the form with required information and click on the register button. Student will get a unique application ID and password through SMS on the provided (registered) mobile number.
- Click on Login to Apply Link
After completion of new registration process, you can click on the Login to Apply link on the home page. Then, Login for Fresh Application web page will appear in your device.
- Enter Login details
In the login web page, Minority student shall login to NSP using application ID and password which were received at the time of registration process and click on the login button. Here, the Minority student must change the password upon first login. This password has to be kept safely and confidentially. The student can change the mobile number only before the first login, i.e. before changing the received password.
- Click on the Application Form link
After clicking on the login button, an applicant dashboard will open. Now, click on the ‘Application Form’ to proceed with the scholarship application.
- Fill the Application Form
After clicking on the application form link, application form web page will appear. The Application Form is divided into three Parts, i.e., Registration Details, Academic Details, Basic Details. Minority student should fill in all required details in the application form and Upload all supporting documents with the application form. Finally, click on the ‘Final Submit’ button.
- Print the Application Form
After clicking on the submit button, your application will be submitted successfully. Now, print and save application form further reference.
Mode of Applying: The concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration will supply the application forms, till such time computerized systems are made operational. The application forms should be received back along with requisite certificates/certifications within the stipulated period. Now Govt. of India has provided the facility to the Candidates for applying through online mode at its official website.
The scheme is implemented through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). It is mandatory for all students to apply online on the website i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in. The pattern of Financial Assistance: 100% of funding will be given by the Central Government to the State Government/Union Territory Administration.
- The scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured not less than 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination and the annual income of whose parents/guardian from all sources does not exceed Rs.2 lakh. Unlike scholarship for SC and ST, there are a fixed number of scholarships for minorities and hence preference for selection has been laid down. Students from BPL families, having the lowest income shall be given preference in the ascending order.
- The renewal applications would be fully exhausted before the new applications are considered.
- The award will be discontinued if a student fails to secure 50% marks or equivalent grade in the previous final examination. The scholarship will not be awarded for more than the normal period of time taken to obtain certificate/degree/M. Phil degree/doctorate degree.
- Scholarships will not be given to more than two students in a family.
- The students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick will be decided by the competent authority of the school/college/university.
Income certificate should be on a self-certification basis by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper for self-employed parents and from the employer for employed parents.
- The school/college/university authority will certify the claim of the student of being an outstation student not residing in the hostel of the institution concerned on the basis of permanent address and parents address.
- Migration of students from one institution to another would not normally be allowed during the course of the academic year except under exceptional circumstances and in the interest of the student’s academic career.
- If a student violates any other term and condition of the scholarship, the scholarship may be suspended or cancelled. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied of the reasons for violation of these regulations governing the scheme.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement/certificates, his/her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered, at the discretion of the concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration.
- The State Government/Union Territory Administration will lay down the detailed procedure for processing and sanctioning of scholarships to eligible students.
- Course fee/tuition fee will be credited to the schools/colleges/institutions bank account. Efforts will be made for transferring it electronically through the banks.
- Maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s bank account. Efforts will be made for transferring it electronically through the banks.
The State Government/Union Territory Administration will maintain a separate account and records relating to the funds received from the Ministry and they will be subjected to inspection by the officers of the Ministry or any other agency designated by the Ministry.
- The student obtaining benefits under this scholarship scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scholarship scheme for the same purpose.
- The State Government/ Union Territory Administration shall constitute a committee of the departments implementing such scholarship schemes to ensure that the students from the minority community, who may also belong to SC/ST/OBC category, does not avail scholarship from other sources for the same purpose and avail only from one source.
- The fund for distribution of scholarships in subsequent years will be released after receiving the utilization certificate for the previous year.
The scheme will be evaluated at regular intervals by the Ministry or any other agency designated by the Ministry and the cost of the evaluation study will be borne by the Ministry under the provision of the scheme.
- The State/Union Territory shall place all relevant details of financial and physical achievements on their website.
- The regulations can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Government of India.
“After submitting applications online, take a print out of application & submit it in the Institutions/College.”
Documents to be attached:
- Aadhar Card
- Photo with signature
- Last year Mark list
- Residential Proof
- Self Declaration of Income Proof.
- Self-declaration of Religious Certificate.
- Bank Passbook xerox with IFSC Number.
Post-Matric Scholarships @ ePass Web portal:
- Fresh Post-Matric Scholarships: *Fresh for SC, ST, BC & Disable /Minority Students Registrations to be Opened for AP students and to be opened for TS Students
- Renewal Post-Matric Scholarships: *Renewal for SC, ST, BC & Disable /Minority Students for Registrations to be Opened for AP students and to be opened for TS Students
- Minority Scholarship Application on Online for AP Students: https://epass.apcfss.in/ OR http://jnanabhumi.ap.gov.in/
- Minority Scholarship Application on Online for TS Students: http://telanganaepass.cgg.gov.in/–
- GOI Post matric Scholarships to Minority Students Application on online for students: scholarships.gov.in
Rules / Conditions for Post Matric Scholarships:
- (i) Scholarship will be awarded to the students studying in Classes XI and XII including technical and vocational courses of this level including Polytechnics, ITIs, and other courses.
- (ii) An Income Certificate, issued from a Competent Authority in the State/UT Governments is required in respect of parent/guardian of the student.
- (iii) A Self-Certified Community Certificate is required from the student who has attained 18 years of age. For others the Community Certificate certified by parent/guardian of the student is required.
- (iv) The continuance of award (for Renewal applicants) will be subject to securing 50% marks in the previous year’s examination (provided the students pursues the same course and same Institute/School).
- (v) Maintenance allowance will be provided to hostellers and day scholars.
- (vi) Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family (applicable for all Scholarship schemes meant for minorities under this Ministry taken together).
- (vii) Students should be regular in attendance for which the yardstick will be decided by the competent authority of the school.
- (viii) The school/institute will certify the claim of student of being an outstation student not residing in hostel of the school/institute concerned on the basis of permanent address and parents’ address.
- (ix) Migration of students from one school/institute to another is not allowed for renewal applicants during the period of academic course.
- (x) If a student violates school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, scholarship may be suspended or cancelled. The State Government/Union Territory Administration can also directly cancel the award if duly satisfied of the reasons of violation of these regulations governing the scheme.
- (xi) If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statement, his/her scholarship will be cancelled forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid will be recovered by the concerned State/UT Govt.
- (xii) The course/tuition fees and maintenance allowancewill be credited to the student’s account directly under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
- (xiii) The student obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose.
- (xiv) A student shall be eligible for only one scholarship out of all the available Scholarships of Central Government meant for SC/ST/OBC/ minority.
- (xv) The amount of Administrative Expenses (@ 2%) for States/UTs in subsequent Page 4 of 5 year shall be released after receiving the utilization certificate for the previous years.
- (xvi) The scheme will be evaluated at regular intervals by the Ministry or any other agency designated by the Ministry and the cost of the evaluation will be borne by the Ministry of Minority Affairs under the provision of the scheme.
- (xvii) The State/Union Territory shall place all relevant details of financial and physical achievements on their website. (xviii) The regulations can be changed at any time at the discretion of the Government of India.
- (xix) It will be necessary for the eligible applicants to provide Aadhaar number while applying for the scholarship and in case, an individual does not possess Aadhaar one can provide the details of alternative identification documents, as stated in the Gazette Notification- S.O. No. 1284 (E) No. 1137, dated 21.04.2017 (as per Appendix-C).
- (xx) Students who have entered Aadhaar in their online application correctly and Aadhaar seeded with any of their bank account, in such cases the amount of scholarship will be credited to Aadhaar seeded bank account only (though student has mentioned any other non-seeded bank account in online application).
ADMINISTRATIVE EXPENSES: As the magnitude of data to be entered and processed would be enormous as the scheme gets implemented over the years, there would be a need to engage qualified skilled personnel right from the beginning to ensure that the data based computerized systems are operational.
Qualified skilled personnel possessing requisite expertise to operate computer programme designed for this purpose, enter, process, analyse, monitor, retrieve and transfer data should be engaged on contract basis as per need. Data provided by the States/Union Territories will be maintained and managed by the Ministry with personnel of similar expertise to be engaged on contract basis.
A provision not exceeding 2% of the total budget will be made to meet the administrative and allied costs viz. expenditure of the States/Union Territories and the Ministry for office equipments including computers and accessories, furniture, printing of application forms, advertisements, engagement of personnel, etc.
This provision will also be used for evaluation and monitoring of the scheme, through outside reputed institutions/agencies engaged by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India and the State Governments/Union Territory Administrations.
MONITORING & TRANSPARENCY: The State/Union Territory shall maintain year-wise details of the students receiving scholarship, indicating school/institute, location of school/institute, government or private, class, gender, new or renewal, permanent address and parents’ address. The States/ Union Territories shall place relevant physical and financial details in their official website
EVALUATION: The monitoring of the financial and physical performance of the scheme will be evaluated by assigning evaluation/impact studies to reputed institutions/agencies by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India
INSTRUCTIONS RELATED TO BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS (to be filled by the students in online application form are as under):
- (i) Students must select their bank/branch name carefully from the drop down list.
- (ii) Thereafter the complete account no. must be entered correctly. Students are suggested to get their account number verified by their concerned Bank Branch including Bank account number and IFS Code.
- (iii) Disclaimer (*If bank details entered by students are found incorrect or not validated by the student’s bank, the scholarship will be canceled/amount will not be transferred even though the application is approved for scholarship). (iv) Bank Account holders must check their ‘Know your Customer’ (KYC) status from bank and if required the KYC must be done for successful transaction of scholarship amount. (v) Bank Account must be operational/active till the scholarship is disbursed.
- (vi) Bank Account must be preferably in any scheduled Bank with core banking facility and proper IFS Code.
- (vii) Bank Account must be in the name of the student/applicant only.
(Frequently Asked Questions) FAQs
Who are eligible to apply for Post Matric Scholarship Scheme?
Students belonging to six notified minority communities viz. Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain, Parsi (Zoroastrian) studying in India only and fulfilling the Scheme guidelines are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for Minorities under National Scholarship?
Post Matric Scholarship is Open for minority community students studying in Class 11 to PhD level
Students are required to have secured at least 50% marks in the previous qualifying examination
The annual income of the family must be less than INR 2 lakh from all sources
How can I apply online for Post Matric scholarship?
The Pre-Matric Scholarship Schemes are online Schemes and one can apply for fresh or renewal Scholarship under any of these Schemes on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) at www.scholarships.gov.in.
Link to the Portal is also provided on the website of the Ministry of Minority Affairs, i.e. www.minorityaffairs.gov.in.
An online undertaking has to be submitted for registration on the NSP by applicants who are above the age of 18 years and by the parents/guardian if the applicant is below the age of 18 years.
What documents are needed to be uploaded on Portal while applying for Post Matric Scholarship?
See the above mentioned List of Documents.
Aadhar Card, Photo with signature, Last year Mark list, Residential Proof, Self Declaration of Income Proof, Self-declaration of Religious Certificate, Bank Passbook xerox with IFSC Number.
What should be the Type and size of the documents to be uploaded?
The format of the file should be.pdf and .jpeg and the size of each document should not exceed more than 200 kb.
What documents are needed to be given to the Institute/School/College for verification of online application on the Portal after applying for Post Matric Scholarship?
The list of documents to be submitted by the applicant for Fresh Scholarship, under any of the three Schemes’, for verification of her/his online application by the Institute/School/College is as mentioned under required documents for verification
What is Institute Verification Certificate?
In order to enable a student to apply for Scholarship under any of the 3 Schemes’ the Institute/School will have to appoint Nodal Officer and that Nodal Officer should register herself/himself on the portal (NSP). A format of the ‘Institute Nodal Officer Registration Form’ is given at Annexure-I.
What is UID number/Aadhaar Number?
UID number otherwise known as ‘Aadhaar’ number is Unique Identification Number given by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). The Aadhaar Number is required to be seeded (linked) with the bank account in which Scholarship amount is desired to be transferred. Banks provide multiple ways of linking Aadhaar with the bank account and applicants can obtain the details from the website of the concerned bank or contact the concerned bank with a copy of the Aadhaar card.
What is Aadhaar based Payment?
Applicants/Students who have entered Aadhaar in their online application correctly and if their Aadhaar is linked to any of their bank account, in such cases the amount of Scholarship will be credited to that Aadhaar linked bank account only even if the student has mentioned any other non-Aadhaar linked bank account in her/his online application.
Can I edit the information already saved and up to what time?
You can edit draft/incomplete information filled by you until you ‘Submit’ the online application. To edit the application, go to the option “Student login”→ enter the Application Id then click on submit ‘login’ button
Is there any Application ID?
Yes. An Application ID will be provided to the candidate once his/her application is submitted online. It will be conveyed to candidates through SMS. Students should remember their ID as it will be required while applying for renewal during subsequent years. Receipt of ID does not give itself a guarantee award of scholarship.
What should I do if I forget my Application ID?
The process of re-collection of the Application ID is given as below: “Student login-•>Forgot Registration Details?” then enter the basic fields accordingly and click on the button “Get Registration details””.
What should I do, if my Institute name is not coming in the dropdown list of Institutes in application form?
You may ask your institute to contact the concerned State Department for their registration through U-DISE/AISHE/NCVT(DGT) code available on NSP portal.
What should I do, if I do not find my Course name in the dropdown menu?
You should immediately approach the institute (where you are studying) to login their account and add the concerned Course from the Master course list. Thereafter, you may be able to find the desired course name in your online application.
If the desired course is not available even in the Master course list of Institute login, you/your Institute should immediately approach to the concerned State Department (where your Institute is physically located) to add the course. Name of course and course duration along with the supporting documents must be provided to the State department.
How should I check the status of my application online?
You have to login under the option ‘Student Login’ by entering your Application Id and Password. Once login, you will be able to view the option ‘Check Your Status’. Under this option you can check your online status.
What should I do before making any call/enquiry/representation at helpdesk of National Informatics Centre (NIC) and/or Ministry of Minority Affairs (MoMA)?
The applicant should first check his/her online status on NSP as stated in Q. No. 17 and then make any call/enquiry/representation at helpdesk of National Informatics Centre (NIC) and/or Ministry of Minority Affairs (MoMA).
What is the process of verification of my application?
Your application must be verified at School/Institute level and then at domicile district/ domicile State/UT level. You may contact the concerned verification authorities for online verification of your application within the timeline given on the NSP portal.
Ministry of Minority Affairs will release the scholarship amount, only if your application is verified and approved by all verification authorities. In case, your application is rejected by any of the concerned authority due to any reason, you will not get the scholarship amount.
How can I check whether the amount of my scholarship is credited in my bank account or not?
You may check the transaction status on PFMS portal i.e. www.pfms.nic.in under “Know Your Payment” (https://pfms.nic.in/static/NewLayoutCommonContent.aspx?RequestPagename=s tatic/KnowYourPayment.aspx ) option on the home page.
What should I do for the successful payment of Scholarship in my bank account?
You are advised to keep your bank account active to receive the scholarship amount (till the disbursal of scholarships). Confirm from your bank that your account is not dormant/closed and also be sure that your account is free from transaction limit or any other conditions till the disbursal of scholarship is made in your account, to avoid any chance of transaction failure/return of scholarship amount.
Please note that in case of transaction failure/return of scholarship amount, there is no provision for re-payment and Ministry of Minority Affairs is not responsible for such lapse.
How do I know the name and address of Nodal Officer/ State Department of my State?
The name and contact details of the Nodal Officer/State Department of all States/UTs are available under the link of Ministry of Minority Affairs on the home page of National Scholarship Portal (NSP) (https://scholarships.gov.in/public/nodalOfficersList/NationalMeans-cumMeritScholarshipScheme.pdf )
Which fields are editable for verification authorities i.e. for Institute/District/State while verification of online application?
At Institute level, only ‘Fee’ can be edited by the concerned Institute. However, at District/State level verifying authorities, ‘Aadhaar Number’ & ‘Mobile Number’ of the student can be edited.
What should I do if I come to know after final submission, that my application is ‘defected’ by the Institute/District/State verifying authority?
In case the application is marked as ‘defected’ by the Institute/District/State, the application will be reverted to the student for correction of the defect in his/her application form. Student can correct the defect and resubmit the application for re-verification within the timeline given on NSP.
What should I do if I come to know after final submission, that my application is ‘rejected’ by the Institute/District/State verifying authority?
In case the application is marked as ‘rejected’ by the Institute/District/State, the application will not be considered for award of the scholarship.
What should I do if I face some technical issue while applying for scholarship on NSP portal.
ou can immediately register your complain through the link https://scholarships.gov.in/fresh/complaintspage or accessing Complaints -> Register Complaints on the home page of the NSP website or call on the Helpline number 0120-6619540 or send mail on e-mail id: email@example.com.
MODIFICATION (if any, during 2017-18 to 2019-20) Minor modifications, if any, in the scheme having no financial implications may be made by the Competent Authority in the Ministry of Minority Affairs without seeking recourse to SFC/EFC/Cabinet. However, Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure would be consulted.