Pre Matric Scholarships to Workers Students 2022 under Welfare Fund it means Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric 2021-22 (Pre-Matric Scholarship for Education of the Students of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers.)
Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India, invites applications from students of class 1 to 10 for the Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/ Cine/ IOMC/ LSDM Workers under Pre-Matric Scholarships Scheme 2021-22. The main objective of this scheme is to ensure that no child is working in any hazardous sector as labour.
Name of the Schemes:
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Beedi Workers
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Iron Ore, Manganese Ore & Chrome Ore Mine (IOMC) Workers
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Limestone & Dolomite Mine (LSDM) Workers
- Scheme for Award of Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Cine Workers
Pre Matric Scholarship to Workers Students 2022 under Welfare Fund – Details
|NSP Scholarship||Pre Matric Scholarship to Workers Students 2022 under Welfare Fund|
|Title||Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric 2021-22|
|Full-Form||Pre-Matric Scholarship for Education of the Students of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers|
|Scheme Closing Date||15-12-2021|
Eligibility for Pre Matric Scholarship:
Students falling under the following category can apply:
- The applicant must be enrolled in class 1 to 10 at a government/ government recognised school
- One or both parents of the applicants should be working as a Beedi worker, Iron Ore, Manganese & Chrome Ore Mines, Limestone & Dolomite Mines (LSDM), Cine workers since at least last six months.
Total monthly Income of the Worker’s family from all sources should not exceed as under:
a) Beedi Workers – Rs.10,000/-
b) Mine Workers (i) The Mine workers doing manual, unskilled, highly skilled and clerical work are eligible for availing all facilities under different welfare schemes of Labour Welfare Organization irrespective of the wages paid to them.
(ii) The persons employed in supervisory and managerial capacity are eligible for availing the facilities under different welfare schemes subject to the wage limit of Rs.10,000/- per month.
c) Cine workers – “An amount not exceeding Rs.8,000/- per month where such amount is paid monthly or an amount not exceeding Rs.1,00,000/- where it is paid by way of lump sum or instalments; as remuneration of a cine worker for the purpose of this Act.”
Note: This scholarship is also for the children of Contract labourer or Gharkhata workers. Also, students pursuing studies through correspondence are not eligible.
Pre Matric Scholarship Benefits:
Selected students will get the following benefits:
- Girls and boys of class 1 to 5 will receive Rs 250 for the purchase of a dress, books, etc.
- Girls of class 5 to 8 will receive Rs 940
- Boys of class 5 to 8 will receive Rs 500
- Girls of class 9 will receive Rs 1140
- Boys of class 9 will receive Rs 700
- Girls of class 10 will receive Rs 1840
- Boys of class 10 will receive Rs 1400
Following documents are required:
- Photo of the applicant
- Copy of the Identity card of the worker (Form B Register Number in case of mine workers)
- Copy of front page of Bank Pass Book or Cancelled Cheque (which should contain details of the account holder/beneficiary)
- Passing Certificate/Mark Sheet of the previous academic year
- Income Certificate issued by the revenue authority
How To Apply for Pre Matric Scholarship for Workers Students 2022?
All the Workers students are aware of the scholarships that are available on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP portal) and students fulfil the eligibility conditions specified, Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers students can apply for them online at National Scholarship Registration portal. After applying online, the hard copy and all required below mentioned enclosures should be sent to the O/o the Executive Director (Ministry of Labour & Employment) of the concerned district. The given steps to be followed for making a successful application on the portal.
- Visit the scholarships.gov.in Website
Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers students students need to visit the official website of the NSP portal, https://scholarships.gov.in in your device browser.
- Click on New User? Register Link
Once you reach the official website, you click on the New User Registration link on the home page. Applicant should read and understood the guidelines for registration. After tick on the radio buttons, you can click on the Click on the Continue button.
- Fill the Fresh Registration Form
After clicking on that link, a Fresh Registration form would be opened. Now, Select the Pre Matric for class 1 to 10 from the Scholarship Category and Select the Pre Matric Scholarship and fill the form with required information and click on the register button and fill the form with required information and click on the register button. Student will get a unique application ID and password through SMS on the provided (registered) mobile number.
- Click on Login to Apply Link
After completion of new registration process, you can click on the Login to Apply link on the home page. Then, Login for Fresh Application web page will appear in your device.
- Enter Login details
In the login web page, Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers students student shall login to NSP using application ID and password which were received at the time of registration process and click on the login button. Here, the Workers student must change the password upon first login. This password has to be kept safely and confidentially. The student can change the mobile number only before the first login, i.e. before changing the received password.
- Click on the Application Form link
After clicking on the login button, an applicant dashboard will open. Now, click on the ‘Application Form’ to proceed with the scholarship application.
- Fill the Application Form
After clicking on the application form link, application form web page will appear. The Application Form is divided into three Parts, i.e., Registration Details, Academic Details, Basic Details. Workers student should fill in all required details in the application form and Upload all supporting documents with the application form. Finally, click on the ‘Final Submit’ button.
- Print the Application Form
After clicking on the submit button, your application will be submitted successfully. Now, print and save application form further reference.
- Visit the homepage of the National Scholarship Portal and click on ‘New Registration’.
- Read the guidelines carefully, select the undertaking and ‘Continue’.
- Select the state of domicile, scholarship category (Pre Matric), scheme type (scholarship scheme), gender, write the applicant’s name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID.
- Provide the bank details (Bank name, IFSC Code, Account Number)
- Select Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as identification detail and click on the ‘Register’ button.
- The mobile number will be verified and an OTP will be generated.
- Now, log in using OTP and fill the form.
- An application ID and password will be generated. Use that for future references.
Note: All the applicants are advised to fill the form correctly, no changes can be made once submitted. The applicants are also advised to fill only one application as multiple applications will lead to the cancellation of the form.
- Closing date for application: 01-08-2021
- Last date of defective verification: 15-12-2021
- Last date of institute verification: 15-01-2022
Rules (Terms and Conditions)
- If the applicant is receiving a scholarship or stipend from any other source, this scholarship will not be granted.
- If more than one child is applying from the same family, both must have a separate bank account and mobile number.
- In the case of a joint account, the first name should be of the applicant.
- Students who receive scholarship or stipend from any other source will not be granted under this Scheme.
- The Scholar should have a separate bank account. In case of Joint Account, the first name should be of the Scholar.
- More than one children of the same worker also should furnish separate bank account number.
- Each Scholar is required to furnish separate Mobile Number.
The scholarship sanctioned is liable to be cancelled on the following occasions:
i) If the scholar is found to have obtained a scholarship by false statements.
ii) If the scholarship discontinues his/her studies, the scholarship shall be stopped from the date of such discontinuance.
iii) If the scholar changes the subject of the course of study for which scholarship was originally awarded or changes the Institution of Study without the prior approval of the Welfare Commissioner.
iv) If the scholar fails to make satisfactory progress in the studies or is irregular in attendance or is guilty of misconduct during the academic year for which scholarship has been granted.
v) If the parent(s) of the scholar ceases to be a Beedi/Mine/Cine worker.
NOTE: If the scholar is found to have committed any one or more of the above after the scholarship amount has actually been paid to him/her, the amount shall be recovered forthwith from him/her or his/her parents.
Quantum of the scholarship paid:
|I to IV (for purchase of dress/books etc.)||250||250|
|V to VIII||940||500|
|PUC I & II||2440||2000|
|Professional Courses (BE / MBBS / BSc.- Agri.)||15000||15000|
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme for Workers Students under National Scholarship?
Pre Matric Scholarship is Open for candidates whose one or both parents are working as Beedi workers, Iron Ore, Manganese & Chrome Ore Mines, Limestone & Dolomite Mines (LSDM), Cine workers since at least the last six months.
Students must be studying in Class 1 to 10
Students must have passed the last examination in the first attempt
The monthly family income must not exceed Rs 10,000 (For Cine Workers, the family income must not exceed Rs 8,000 pm or Rs 1 lakh PA)