Telangana State Consumer Protection Council Constituted, Government of Telangana State, Consumer Affairs, food and Civil Supplies Department has issued Government Order.MS.No.15 on November 12th, 2014 for Constitution of Telangana State Consumer Protection Council.
- Consumer Protection Act, 1986.
- From the Commissioner of Civil Supplies, Ref No.CA/380/14, dt. 6.8.2014.
As per the provisions in Chapter 2, Section 7 of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986, State Government shall establish a council to be known as State Consumer Protection Council for the State by issue of notification, with effect from such date as it may specify in such notification.
- The Government after careful examination of the matter hereby order for constitution of the State Consumer Protection Council with immediate effect as in the Annexure enclosed to this order.
- A) The State Council shall work to promote and protect the rights of consumers laid down in clauses (a) to (f) of Section 6 of the Consumer Protection Act, 1986 within the State as mentioned below:
(a) the right to be protected against the marketing of goods and services which are hazardous to life and property;
(b) the right to be informed about the quality, quantity, potency, purity, standard and price of goods (or) services, as the case may be, so as to protect the consumer against unfair trade practices;
(c) the right to be assured, wherever possible, access to a variety of goods and services at competitive prices;
(d) the right to be heard and to be assured that consumers’ interests will receive due consideration at appropriate forums;
(e) the right to seek redressal against unfair trade practices or restrictive trade practices or unscrupulous exploitation of consumers; and
(f) the right to consumer education.
B) The State Consumer Protection Council shall focus on the following subjects for protection of the consumer rights.
(i) delivery of goods at correct weights and measures duly stamped by the concerned Department.
(ii) quality of food grains / edible oils being sold.
(iii) sufficiency of public transport, charges levied, stopping at the specified stages and also on request.
(iv) services provided by Telecom Departments / Organizations including settlement of bills, fault repairs and shifting of phones on request.
(v) issue of bills by traders / service providers to all the consumers.
(vi) satisfactory services by Municipality with reference to sanitation, maintenance of roads and supply of safe drinking water.
(vii) timely recording of meter readings, giving correct bills and redressal of complaints in respect of power Distribution Companies.
(viii) Redressal of public grievances by the public utilities etc. Telangana State Consumer Protection Council Constituted
- The State Council shall meet as and when necessary but not less than two meetings shall be held every year.
- The State Council shall also meet at such time and place within the State as the Chairman may think fit and observe such procedure in regard to the transaction of its business as may be prescribed by State Government (or) till such time adopted by the Chairman.
- The converior shall send the minutes of the meeting conducted to the Government and initiate follow up action on the resolution of the State Consumer Protection Council.
- The term of the State Consumer Protection Council shall be three (3) years from the date of constitution of State Consumer Protection Council.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details