List of Backward Classes Castes/ Communities pertaining to the State of Telangana. Adaptation of (112) Backward Classes Castes/ Communities and percentage of reservation. Ammendment to GO.3: List of Backwards Classes Castes/ Communities pertaining to the State of Telangana. GO.Ms.No.4: Amendment is issued to Annexure of the G.O.Ms.No.3, Backward Classes Welfare (OP) Department, dated. 14.082014.
GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA, Backward Classes Welfare Department – List of Backward Classes Castes/Communities pertaining to the State of Telangana – Adaptation of (112) Backward Classes Castes/ Communities and percentage of reservation – Orders – Issued.
BACKWARD CLASSES WELFARE (OP) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No.3, Date: 14 .08.2014
List of BC Castes/Communities and Reservation Percentage in TS
ORDER: In the reference first cited above, the erstwhile Government of Andhra Pradesh, based on the recommendations of the Anantharaman Commission for Backward Classes, had drawn up a list of (93) Backward Classes as amended thereafter (other than Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes) which are socially and educationally backward and classified them into four groups for the purpose of reservations in the professional colleges and in services under Articles 15 (4) and 16 (4) of the Constitution of India as detailed below:
Group (A) 7%
Group (B) 10%
Group (C) 1%
Group (D) 7%
2. Further, in the reference 6th read above, the erstwhile Government of Andhra Pradesh for the purpose of Articles 15 (4) and 16 (4) of the Constitution of India and in the exercise of the powers conferred under section 7 of the Andhra Pradesh Reservation in favour of Socially and Educationally Backward Classes of Muslims Act, 2007 (Act No. 26 of 2007), the (14) classes of Muslims residing in the united State of Andhra Pradesh (Other than Dudekula, Laddaf, Pinjari/Noorbash and Mehtar) as identified and recommended by the Andhra Pradesh Commission for Backward Classes, as socially and educationally Backward Classes of Muslims were included in the list of Backward Classes under separate Group “E”, which is in addition to the existing “A”, “B”, “C” and “D” Groups and provided 4% reservation. However, the reservation in favour of Backward Classes Group “E” is subject to outcome of Civil Appeal Nos 2628-2637/2010 etc., pending before the Supreme Court.
3. Further, in the references 2nd to 5th and 7th to 22nd cited, various other castes/ communities were also included in the list of Backward Classes from time to time, on the recommendations of the Andhra Pradesh Commission for Backward Classes.
4. In view of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 (Central Act.No.6, 2014), in the reference 24th read above, the Member Secretary, Andhra Pradesh Commission for Backward Classes has informed that as on 01.06.2014, there are (138) castes/communities in the list of Backward Classes as approved by the erstwhile Government of Andhra Pradesh from time to time in the undivided Andhra Pradesh State. After verification of the list and Government orders, it is found that (112) castes/ communities of Backward Classes pertain to the State of Telangana and the Member- Secretary, AP Commission for Backward Classes has also enclosed the list of (112) castes/ communities of Backward Classes pertaining to the State of Telangana along with the relevant Government orders.
5. In view of the Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation Act, 2014 (Central Act.No.6, 2014), Government of Telangana has decided to adapt all the relevant Government orders issued in the undivided State of Andhra Pradesh along with the list of (112) castes/communities which is annexed to this order, Group wise and Percentage of reservation as Backward Classes for the State of Telangana, so as to enable the respective Departments to take necessary action as per their requirements.
6. The Group wise list of (112) number of Castes/communities of Backward Classes, pertaining to the State of Telangana, with the percentage of reservation is as follows:
|Group||Serial No.||% of|
|1||A||1 to 43||7%|
|2||B||44 to 66||10%|
|4||D||68 to 98||7%|
|5||E||99 to 112||4%|
7. All the Departments of the Telangana Secretariat, the Heads of the Departments, the District Collectors, District Officers etc., are requested to take immediate action accordingly.
Download the GO.3 List of BC Castes/Communities and Reservation Percentage: Click here
Download the GO.4 Amendment to the Annexure of the G.O.Ms.No.3: Click here
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details