Rally for Rivers National & State level Creative Writing Contest, Open to students from Class 5 to 7, tell us in 40 words about “Saving Rivers: India’s Lifelines”. The best entries at the school, state, and national levels will receive prizes. Rally for Rivers is a nationwide awareness campaign to revive our rivers. Our Rivers Are Dying: India’s rivers are undergoing a drastic change.
Due to the pressures of population and development, our perennial rivers are becoming seasonal. Many of the smaller rivers have already vanished. Flood, as well as drought, are becoming increasingly frequent as rivers turn unruly during the monsoon, and vanish once the rainy season is over.
Rally for Rivers is a nationwide awareness campaign to revive our rivers. Conceived by Sadhguru, the campaign has been taken up by every section of society across the nation. But this campaign can be a success only if youth lead from the front.
Rally for Rivers and Kokuyo Camlin have joined hands to encourage schoolchildren to participate in this campaign, and help spread awareness about reviving our rivers. So sharpen your writing skills and get your creativity into gear for the Creative Writing Contest!.
National & State level Creative Writing Contest :
Topic: Saving Rivers: India’s Lifelines
Description: In 40 words, tell the nation about the importance of our rivers and the urgent need to do all we can to save them.
If you would like your school to participate in this Creative Writing Contest, please request the appropriate authority in your school to contact email@example.com
The uploaded entries will be open for voting online.
There will be one winner per class. 3 entries (one each for standard 5, 6 and 7) per school should be short-listed for submission to the state-level contest. In every state, 3 winners will be decided by a jury. These winners will attend an event with Sadhguru and other eminent personalities. The state-level winning entries will be part of a national, online vote. 3 national winners will be selected based on online voting.
“This is not a protest. This is not an agitation. This is a campaign to raise awareness that our rivers are depleting. Everyone who consumes water must Rally For Rivers.” – Sadhguru
Contest Closing Date: Sep 27, 2017
1. Camlin Mechanical Pencil for each Class winner.
2. State-level winners will each receive prizes worth INR 3,000.
3. National winners will each receive prizes worth INR 25,000.
4. State winners get an opportunity to attend a Creative Writing Workshop with an eminent author at Isha Yoga Center. Contest Rules: 1. The contest will be conducted on the school’s premises, in the presence of representatives from the Rally for Rivers team and Kokuyo Camlin. 2. Only students from standards 5, 6 & 7 are eligible. 3. The essay should be no longer than 40 words.
4. The duration of the contest is 15 minutes.