Instructions on Pade Bharat-Bade Bharat: Rc.2052, Instructions on ongoing activities of Pedagogy Pade Bharath-Bade Bharath, QMT, LEP-3Rs Programme, One Language Programme; Students Exposure Visits, Proceedings Of The State Project Director, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Telangana State, Hyderabad, Proc. Rc. No. 2052/SSAff6/2015, Dated: 11.11.2015,
Subject: SSA, Telangana State, Hyderabad – Pedagogy Wing – Certain instructions on on-going activities of Pedagogy to DPOs – Pade bharat Bade Bharat; Rashtriya Avikshar Abhiyaan; one language programme; students exposure visits; QMT data of LEP-3R and conduct of School complex meetings – Reg.
All the District Educational Officers, the Project Officers of SSA and the Principals of IASEs/ CTEs/ DIETs in the state are hereby informed to follow the instructions given below for effective implementation of Pedagogy activities at school point, school complex level, mandal level and at district level.
I) Implementation of Pado-Bharat and Bade Bharat (Early Reading and Writing with Comprehension and early Mathematics Rrogramme).
For implementation of above said programme for classes I and II, the DPOs, the MEOs, School complex HMs and the School HMs of primary Schools and UP schools shall be instructed to undertake the following tasks in every Primary and UP school.
- Developing reading corners exclusively for classes I and II.
- Providing print rich material like posters, captions, quotations (simple); visual reading materials; children’s birthday chart, chart of children clubs; charts of stories and poems; daily children routines etc.
- Providing graded reading series like Vana Chinkulu provided earlier by SSA and other books for self reading to develop reading habits.
- Story telling by Teacher and well as by the students.
- Practicing ‘Aaj Ki Baath’ daily for half an hour (morning message) i.e conversing with the children on any child related issues such as good habits, daily routines, children experiences with their friends, family members, their interests; likes and dislikes.
- Language and mathematical games
- Local rhymes, stories and songs for reading and for numerical pleasure
- Exploration of 3-d and 2-d shapes; counting objects; number sense; number operations.
- Visits to local interesting places like village fairs, post office; police station; diverse religious and cultural institutions; celebration of local festivals
- Identification of children learning needs and providing additional support or remedial teaching
- Maintaining children profiles/portfolios; celebrating and showcasing their achievements
- Use of CCE giving due importance to children free expression; ways of expression; children portfolios/children work; along with performance of children in reading, writing and mathematics.
- The Resource persons who attended the State Level workshop held in October, 2015 conducted by NCERT shall also be involved in implementation of the said programme for providing resource support at school point and in the school complex meetings.
II) Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyaan:
The DPOs shall take up the activities on implementation of RAA in the district
- Identification of 10 best schools in the district under RAA project by 20th November, 2015.
- Identifying Mentoring Institutes to attach to these 10 identified schools in consultation with concerned MEO and HM by 30th November, 2015.
- Arranging the meetings between identified schools and mentoring institutes in last week of November, 2015.
- Communicating the earlier orders and related literature of RAA to the identified schools.
- Undertaking the activities and programme of RAA in the identified schools with the help of Mentoring institutes.
- Preparation of action plan at district level and at Institute level as a way forward of RAA activities in the district and submit the same to the SPO by first week of December, 2015.
- The Principal and faculty of DIET/CTEs/IASE shall be involved in the implementation of RAA activities in the district.
- Those schools who wish to take up the RAA activities voluntarily other than ten identified school are free to choose mentoring institute within the vicinity and shall plan their activities.
Ill) Exposure visit of neighboring institutes (as communicated by MHRD)
- Completion of identification of one school per mandal i.e., Primary I UP school for visiting of High schools I Higher Educational Institutions within the mandal by 251h November, 2015 and sending of list to SPO.
- The AMOs in consultation with concerned MEO and HM of the identified school shall identify the Secondary school/ Higher Institution for tagging with the identified school. The list shall be finalized and shall be communicated to SPO by 25th of November, 2015.
- The DPO shall arrange divisional level or district level meeting to chalk out the plan of action for one day exposure visit with identified school HM; concerned MEO and the Head of the Institute of concerned visiting Institution. These meetings shall be convened in first week of December, 2015. The consolidated action plan and District action plan shall be communicated to SPO by 10th December, 2015.
IV) Organization of Language programme (as communicated by MHRD):
- Finalization of ’10’ schools and languages to be adopted by the schools for implementing Language programme (Knowledge of Language of other State) by 20th November, 2015.
- Communication of list of schools identified and languages identified for the children Study to SPO by 25th November, 2015 along with plan of Action for implementation of language programme in the district.
- One day meeting with identified School HMs and concerned MEOs for evolving school based action plan for implementation of the programme in the respective schools.
- If any other schools wish to implement this programme voluntarily, they may be permitted to do so.
V) Swachh School Campaign
- The DPOs are requested to adhere to the schedule given earlier identification of best schools for implementation of Swachh Patashala programme at mandal level and at district level. Further they are requested to take necessary step to upload the photos and documentation of best practices of these best schools in the official website of MHRD.
- The list of best schools identified at mandal level at district level may be communicated to SPO, as per the schedule given earlier,
VI) Organization of School Complex Meetings at Primary level and at UP level: For the conduct of school complex meetings at primary level and at UP level in the month of November and December, the focus of activities could be on the following issues.
A. Primary Level:
a. School-based Plan of action up to February 2016 for improvement of children learning particularly in Reading, writing and simple arithmetic for the children who are lagging behind even after the conduct of LEP-3R’s program.
b. Implementation of Early Literacy program for classes I and II – ‘
Pade Bharat – Bade Bharat: Developing of Reading corners; providing
Print rich material; involving the children through daily conversation on issues related to child life i.e Aaj Ki Baath (Morning message);
Pedagogical practices on developing reading, writing skills and simple mathematical concepts prescribed for classes I and IL
c. Learning plans for the children who are lagging behind in the first
summative test and its implementation.
d. Discussions on strategies and live demos on pupil-centered pedagogy i.e discovery approach; activity-based teaching; project-based learning and any other innovative classroom practices adopted by the teachers.
e. Evolving teaching plans and its tryout while working with children on multigrade teaching.
B. Upper Primary Level:
a. School-based Plan of action up to February 2016 for improvement of children learning particularly in Reading, writing and simple arithmetic for the children who are lagging behind even after the conduct
of LEP-3R’s program.
b. Learning plans for the children in respective subjects who are lagging behind in the first summative test and its implementation.
c. Discussions on strategies and live demos on pupil-centered pedagogy i.e., discovery approach; activity-based teaching; project-based learning and any other innovative classroom practices adopted by the
d. Discussions on way forward for implementation of activities of Rashtriya Avishkar Abhiyaan with a focus on the improvement of Science Teaching and Mathematics Teaching through Experiments in Science; Extensive use of science lab; the building of Math Lab in the schools; Projects in Science and Maths; tying up of UP and High schools with nearby Higher Educational Institutions under RAA for mentorship and for guidance in developing projects in Maths and Sciences.
e. The DRPs, MRGs who were already identified in the district may act as Resource persons for the conduct of school complex meetings.
f. After completion of school complex meetings, the DPOs shall send the report indicating the target, attendance, and achievement of the school complex meetings.
VII) Data Capturing of QMT tools of 1st Quarter.
- The DPOs shall instructed to take necessary steps to complete the online data of QMT of first quarter by 20th November, 2015. The DPOs may initiate disciplinary action against the erring personnel who fails to complete the task within the stipulated period.
- After completion of data entry of QMT, the DPOs are requested to generate the reports at the District level and at the mandal level and also to conduct the review meetings at respective levels based on the QMT reports.
VIII) Data of LEP-3 R programme:
The DPOs shall instruct the CRPs, MEOs to furnish the data of LEP-3 R programme of pre-test and post-test in the prescribed format by 25th November 2015. Therefore the District Educational Officers, the Project Officers of SSA and the Principals of DIETs I IASEs I CTEs in the state are once again requested to take necessary steps for implementation of said programmes, and in turn communicate the necessary instructions to MEOs, School complex HM’s and the schools.
Further, the DPOs are requested to involve the Principals of DIETs, CTEs and IASEs in the said academic activities to be conducted in the District.