RC.103241 Terminal Holidays Prefix and Suffix Clarifications Absence on the Re-opening Day or on Closing Day-Clarification: Clarifications on Terminal Holidays Prefixing or suffixing Absence on the re-opening or on the closing day of the School
Procgs.Rc.No. 103241/E4-2/69, Dated:07-11-1969
Proceedings of the Director of Public Instruction, Andhra Pradesh::Hyderabad.
Subject: Public services-Terminal Holidays – Prefixing or Suffixing to the leave – certain instructions – issued.
D.O.Lr.No.366-E/69 dated 17/10/1969 from I.V.Chalapathi Rao, Principal, P.R.Govt. College, Kakinada, addressed to B.Pratap Reddy, I.A.S.,
Terminal Holidays Prefix and Suffix Clarifications
1. The Principal P.R.Govt College, Kakinada, has sought clarification whether he can sanction leave to the members of staff prefixing the terminal holidays to the leave.
2. He is informed that the terminal holidays cannot either be prefixed or suffixed to the leave.
3. As the Principals at certain Government Colleges are frequently addressing the director for clarification in this regard the following instructions are issued for the information of the Principals.
4. The vacation may be combined with or taken continuation of any kind of leave other than casual leave as per rule 12 of the Andhra Pradesh Leave rules.
5. But the holidays which do not exceed 15 days cannot be considered as a vacation as per Rule82(2) of the Fundamental Rules.
6. Generally, the terminal holidays in the vacation Department do not exceed 15 days and hence the period cannot be considered as a vacation.
7. Further, if the duration of the period of holidays notified in the Gazette can be prefixed or suffixed to the earned leave or half pay leave.
8. The local holidays are not gazetted holidays.
They are, therefore, requested to follow the above instructions scrupulously.