As per the TS RPS 2020, after implementing the 30 per cent hike in fitment for the government employees and pensioners, the State government on 11-06-2021 issued Govt orders “TS PRC 2021 GO.60, dated: 11-06-2021” enhancing the remuneration of contract and outsourcing staff commencing from the current month of June, payable in July.
For outsourcing and contract staff, how about a salary rise? Should PRC recommendations be implemented to them? Raise on old salaries? Employees demand to give as per PRC recommendations. The Finance Ministry is debating how to apply the salary hike to outsourcing employees working in various departments in the state. It hopes to move forward once more clarity is taken on the matter.
The same is true of the increase in the salaries of contract employees. There are currently 58,128 outsourcing staff in the state, 66,239 contract employees are working in various branches. They have salaries ranging from a minimum of Rs.12,000 to a maximum of Rs.40,270. The PRC has set new minimum salaries for outsourcing and contract staff.
But should the salaries recommended by the PRC be applied for them? Should a 30 per cent hike be implemented on the salaries currently being paid? The Finance Ministry came up with the idea. Announcing the fitment in the assembly, Chief Minister said that the salary hike will be applicable to all types of employees, including outsourcing and contracting. Did not go into further details.
With this, Do they implement PRC recommendations? Or not? There is a lack of clarity on implement of PRC. Low salary contract and outsourcing staff are demanding a 30 per cent increase in their current salary, as well as the implementation of the PRC-recommended minimum salary. Or else they will not benefit greatly.
Outsourcing into three categories. The outsourcing staff currently working in various branches of the state fall into three categories. Among them are Office Subordinates, Watchmen, Mali, Kavuti, Cook, Cycle Orderly, Chowkidar, Lab Attender, Dafedar, Zamedar, Xerox Operator, Record Assistant, Shroff / Cashier, Lift Operator working in Group-4 category for Rs.12,000/- only.
|Category||New Salary (After 30% hike)|
|Part Time Junior Lecturers working on hourly basis||Rs.28,080/-|
|Guest faculty working in Degree Colleges working on hourly basis||Rs.28,080/-|
|Part Time Lecturers working on minimum time scale||Rs.48,230/- + DA|
|Equivalent Category in Govt.||New Salary (After 30% hike)|
The PRC Commission has recommended a minimum salary of Rs.19,000 to Group-4 category employees. On the other hand, it also recommends a basic salary of Rs.19,000 for outsourcing staff earning a minimum base salary of Rs.13,000 to Rs.15030. However, low-level outsourcing staff, who earn only Rs.12,000 per month, are required to pay more than the PRC recommended minimum wage of Rs.19,000, or strictly enforce it. They say there is no point in doing a ‘salary stabilization’ with a 30 per cent increase on the wages that are currently coming in, which will not do them justice.
Group-3 Category Drivers, Junior Assistants, Junior Steno, Typist, Telephone Operator, Store Keeper, Photographer, Electrician, Mechanic, Fitter, Lab Assistant, Film / Film / Audiovisual / Data Entry Operator, Supervisor, Supervisor There is a salary of only 15000. The PRC has recommended a minimum salary of Rs.22,900 to Group 3 category employees. On the other hand, the PRC has recommended a minimum wage of Rs.22,900 for those earning up to Rs.19,500 in the same category. They want justice to be done to them.
The respective departments are currently giving Rs.17,500 to Group-3A category Senior Assistant, Senior Steno, Senior Accountant, Translator, Computer Operator / DPVO. The PRC has recommended a minimum salary of Rs.31,040 to Group 3A category employees. They want action to be taken to pay the amount recommended by the PRC instead of a 30 per cent increase on their current salary.
Contract employees currently earn between Rs.12,000 and Rs.40270 per month. The PRC has recommended new salaries for all of them. Low salary employees now claim that they have to pay the amount recommended by the PRC, rather than on the salaries they receive, and only then do they get justice.
On the other hand, there are currently 3,687 junior lecturers in junior colleges in the state. They now have Rs.37,100 salary is coming. The PRC has recommended a minimum wage of Rs.54,220. 435 polytechnic lecturers and 926 degree lecturers are paid Rs.40,270 per month. The PRC has recommended a minimum wage of Rs.58,850. However, the Finance Ministry is debating how to increase their salaries. It hopes to move forward with high-level consultations
TS RPS 2021 Recommendations: TS Contracting & Outsourcing Employees Salary in PRC 2021
|Type of Contract & Outsourcing Employees||Recommended Minimum Salary|
|Group 4 Employees||Rs.19000/-|
|Group 3 Employees||Rs.22900/-|
|Group 3A Employee||Rs.31040/-|
Inter & Higher Education Contract employees Salary in PRC 2021
|Part Time Junior Lecturers working on hourly|
|Rs.400/- per hour|
(Rs.28800/- per month)
|Guest faculty working in Degree Colleges working on hourly basis||Rs.400/- per hour|
|Part Time Lecturers working on minimum time scale||Rs.54,220/- +DA|
TS Contracting and Outsourcing Employees Salary Hiked GO.14 Download. TS Contracting and Outsourcing Employees Salary, remuneration, guidelines, terms and conditions of contracting/outsourcing services; Telangana Contracting and Outsourcing Employees Salary Hike GO.14 on 19th February 2016.
Contracting and Outsourcing of Certain Services in Government Departments -Enhancement of Remuneration – Orders -Issued. Govt of Telangana, Finance Department, GO.Ms.No. Date:19.02.2016- Reference: 1.GO Rt.No.2501, Finance (SMPC) Department, dated.13.07.2006; 2.GO.Rt.No.4271, Finance (SMPC) Department, dated: 01.11.2008.; 3. GO.Ms.No.03, Finance (SMPC-II) Department, dated.12.01.2011.
ORDER: Government have been contracting/outsourcing certain services to effectively cater to the needs of the Departments. In the Government Orders, 10 and 3rd read above orders were issued fixing remuneration for certain categories of services from time to time.
|Title||TS Contracting/Outsourcing employees salary|
|Department||Finance (SMPC) Department|
|GO.No||GO Rt.No.2501; dated.13.07.2006|
GO.Rt.No.4271; dated: 01.11.2008
|Subject||TS Contracting/Outsourcing employees salary hiked GO|
|TS PRC 2021||Telangana PRC 2021 Latest Updates|
2. Govemment bug reviewed the remuneration presently prescribed for contract/outsourced services and hereby order the revision of the same as shown below:
I. Enhanced Remuneration PM Rs.12,000/- to following Contract/Outsourced Category
1. Office Subordinate; 2. Watchman; 3. Mali; 4. Kamati; 5. Cook; 6. Cycle Orderly; 7. Chowkidar; 8. Lab Attender; ; 9. Dafedar10. Jamadar; 11. Roneo / Xerox Operator; 12. Record Assistant; 13. Sharoff,/ Cashier; 14. Lift Operator; 15. All other categories of services similar to posts carrying the scale of pay in RPS 2010: Rs.6700-20110, Rs.6900-20680, Rs.7100-21250, Rs.7520-22430 and Rs.7740-23040.
II. Enhanced Remuneration Rs.15,000/- P.M. to following Contract/Outsourced Category
1. Driver; 2. Junior Assistant; 3. Junior Steno; 4. Typist; 5. Telephone Operator; 6. Store Keeper; 7. Photographer; 8. Electrician; 9. Mechanic; 10. Fitter; 11. Lab Assistant; 12. Cinema/Film/Audio Visual/ Data Entry Operator; 13. Supervisor; 14. Librarian; 15. Manager; 16. All other categories of services similar to posts carrying the scale of pay in RPS 2010:
Rs.7960-23650, Rs.8440-24950, Rs.9200-27000, Rs.9460-27700 and Rs.10020-29200.
III. Enhanced Remuneration Rs.17,500/- P.M. to following Contract/Outsourced Category
1. Senior Assistant; 2. Senior Steno; 3. Senior Accountant; 4. Translator; 5. Computer Operator/DPO; 6. All other categories of services similar to posts carrying the scale of pay in RPS 2010: Rs.10900-31550, Rs.11530-33200, Rs.11860-34050, Rs.12550-35800, Rs.12910-36700 and Rs.13660-38570.
3. In respect of categories of services other than those specified above which are having a fixed consolidated remuneration, the remuneration shall be fixed not exceeding 50% enhancement of the existing remuneration or the minimum of the time scale attached to the similar category of comparable post in the RPS 2015, whichever is less. 4. These orders shall come into force with effect from 1st January 2016. TS Contracting/Outsourcing employees salary
5. All the Departments which are outsourcing services should strictly monitor and man payment of remuneration as revised above by the agencies to the individuals deployed by them. 6. In so far as other terms and conditions of contracting/outsourcing services are concerned, he guidelines issued in Government Order 2nd read above shall be followed scrupulously.