Local Cadre GO. 317 is for Allotment of Employees to New Local Cadres Guidelines or TS Employees Allotment Guidelines i.e., Allotment of persons holding posts required to be organized into local cadres. The Telangana government has taken up exercise to reshuffle nearly 2.50 lakh employees as per the new zonal system in the state. The restructuring of the employees’ cadre strength is to be done at the district, zonal and multi-zonal level in all 33 districts. These employees were selected under the old zonal system in the erstwhile Andhra Pradesh.
The General Administration Department (GAD) in an order issued said that persons holding posts belonging to the erstwhile district, zonal and multi-zonal cadres shall indicate their preferences for allotment to the new districts, zonal and multi-zonal in the application form.
Allotment of Employees to New Local Cadres: The Telangana state government has given the green signal for the separation of employees. Guidelines were issued on this regard. Govt issued GO 317 on the division of Employees procedures in line with the new districts and zonal policy. Under the Presidential Orders-2018, the division of Employees will be carried out according to the new zones and districts.
Two committees were set up for the allocation of employees. Employees will be assigned based on the reports of the respective committees. The full schedule will be released soon. Allocations will be made according to seniority even if options are taken from the employees.
|Name of the Govt Order||Allotment of Telangana Employees|
|Title||Download the Allotment of Employees to New Local Cadres Guidelines GO.317|
|Subject||Govt of Telangana issued GO.317 for Allotment of Employees to New Local Cadres|
|GO. 317||Allotment of Employees to New Local Cadres Guidelines|
|GO. 317 in Telugu||TS Employees Allotment Guidelines in Telugu|
|Local Cadre Govt Order in Telugu||Local cadre GO in Telugu|
|New Multi Zones and new Zones||New zonal system in Telangana for all departments|
|School wise Cadre Strength||Download the School wise cadre strength|
|Organisation of Local Cadres and Regulation of Direct Recruitment||The Telangana Public Employment Order 2018|
|TS Employees Allocation Dates||TS Employees Allocation Schedule|
|Employee Preference Form||Download TS Employee Option Form 1 | Form 2 | Form 3|
|School wise cadre strength||Check the School Wise Cadre List|
The State government has initiated steps for organisation of local cadres for allotting employees holding posts required to be organised into local cadres in line with the new Presidential Order 2018 [PO-2018]. Accordingly, the government has decided to constitute committees at the district and State-levels for allotment of employees into district and zonal and multi-zonal cadres.
The District Collector would be the chairman and district-level heads of departments concerned as members for allotment of district cadre posts. General Administration Department principal secretary, special chief secretary/principal secretary/secretary of the department concerned, head of the department concerned, senior consultant from Finance Department’s HRM and Services wing and any other senior officer as decided by the government would decide about the organisation of zonal and multi-zonal posts.
Guidelines on Appeal against allocation of new cadre and its disposal (Memo.1655 /5)
Government of Telangana, General Administration Department issued guidelines on Appeal against allocation of new cadre and its disposal through Memo.No.1655 (SPF-1/2021-5 on 22-12-2021 in the reference of allotment of employees to new local cadres G.O.Ms.No.317 under PO-2018.
Attention of all the Secretaries to Governments, Heads of Departments and the District Collectors is invited to the orders issued in the reference cited regarding the allotment of employees to the new local cadres under PO-2018.
Employees will have the opportunity to appeal if they have objections to the allocations made in accordance with the new zonal policy. However, he had earlier joined the new postings and was given the opportunity to appeal. District cadre employees are required to appeal to the District Department Head. Zonal and multizonal cadre employees are required to appeal to their department heads. The department heads are required to report all the appeals received to the concerned departmental secretary. The government has directed the secretaries of all the departments to resolve the appeals expeditiously after a full inquiry.
Appeal against allocation of new cadre and its disposal guidelines memo details
- Memo.No.1655/SPF-I/2021-5. Dt:22.12.2021,
- Subject: Guidelines on appeal against allocation of new cadre and its disposal asp per the Allotment of employees to new local cadres under PO-2018,
- Reference Govt Order: G.O.Ms.No.317 G.A.(SPF.I) Department, dated 06.12.2021.
Procedure for appeal against allocation of cadres and its disposal (Memo.1655 /5):
The following procedure is to be followed for appeal against allocation of cadres and its disposal:
- After receipt of proceedings of allocation, the employee shall first join in the New Local Cadre.
- Appeal can be given in the format prescribed along with copy of allocation proceedings to the District Head of the Department for District Cadres and to HOD for Zonal and Multi-Zonal Cadres.
- The District HOD or HOD, as the case may be, shall compile all these applications and submit to the Secretary concerned.
- The Secretary concerned shall, after due enquiry, dispose these appeals expeditiously.
- Download the Guidelines on Appeal against allocation of new cadre and its disposal [Memo.No.1655 (SPF-1/2021-5 on 22-12-2021 ]
PO 2018 Appeal Against Allocation of New Cadre (Memo.1655 /5)
- Name of the Employee
- Employee I.D
- Erstwhile Local Cadre
- Allocated New Cadre
- Allocation Proceeding No
- Secretariat Department
- Reasons for Appeal
Allocation of Teachers in Erstwhile Districts
|Erstwhile District||Category wise Teachers Allocation Lists|
|Warangal District||Category wise Warangal Teachers Allocation Lists [Management and category wise]|
|Rangareddy District||Category wise Rangareddy Teachers Allocation lists|
|Sangareddy District||Category wise Rangareddy Teachers Allocation lists|
|Karimnagar District||Category wise Karimnagar Teachers Allocation lists|
|Khammam District||Category wise Khammam Teachers Allocation lists|
|Mahabubnagar District||Category wise Mahabubnagar Teachers Allocation lists|
|Nalgonda District||Category wise Nalgonda Teachers Allocation lists|
|Nizamabad District||Category wise Nizamabad Teachers Allocation lists|
Detailed guidelines that should be followed for organisation of local cadre under The Telangana Public Employment (Organisation of Local Cadres and Regulation of Direct Recruitment) Order 2018. The order was issued on 06-12-2021. The GO did not contain the schedule for the organisation of local cadres and allocation of the posts and the government said it would be communicated separately.
The nine-page order (GO Ms. No. 317) detailed the process that should be followed for allotment of employees to new local cadres that comprise seven zones and two multi-zones that were created after the reorganisation of districts from the erstwhile 10 to 33. Accordingly, departments should fix the cadre strength of each district, zonal and multi-zonal cadre, a process that has already been completed.
All the departments, having due regard to the administrative needs of the posts in local cadres, allocated the working strength in each new local cadre in the same proportion as the sanctioned posts were distributed among the new district/zonal/multi-zonal cadres. This was done to prevent skewed distribution and ensure fair and balanced distribution of working personnel among the new local cadres.
The heads of departments had been directed to prepare a list of all employees as per seniority in each of the erstwhile local cadres for allotting them to new local cadres. These would include those on leave, under suspension, undergoing training, on deputation and on foreign service so as to ensure that no employees was left unallotted to new local cadre. Persons under these categories would be deemed to have reported to the new local cadre subsequent to their allotment and their leave/ suspension/ training, deputation would continue in the new local cadre.
All the posts in the erstwhile district cadre, wherever they are located, would be taken into consideration for the purpose of allotment of district cadre employees. Eight new districts – Hanamkonda, Jayashankar-Bhupalpally, Mahbubabad, Mulugu, Siddipet, Mahbubnagar, Vikarabad and Ranga Reddy had been formed drawing areas from more than one erstwhile districts.
Accordingly, persons holding posts in the erstwhile district cadre of Karimnagar, Warangal, Khammam, Nalgonda, Mahbubnagar and Ranga Reddy would be considered for allotment not only to the local cadre of the new districts, but also to local cadres of the neighbouring new districts.
In respect of the zonal cadre posts, employees of erstwhile Zone V would be considered for allotment to Zones I to IV (excluding posts located in Nizamabad, Kamareddy, Medak and erstwhile Medak district area of Siddipet) and to Zone V to the extent such posts are located in Jangaon district.
TS Employees Allotment Schedule
|Compilation of Seniority lists||08-12-2021|
|Display of Seniority list||08-12-2021|
|Taking preferences from all employees (In Districts where MCC is not in force)||09-12-2021|
|Updating Seniority list with preferences and Special Category claims||10-12-2021|
|Allocation Committee meetings for District Cadres||11 to 15-12-2021|
|Issue of Allotment Proceedings||Latest by 15-12-2021|
|Joining of employees||One week from date of allotment orders|
Note: Schedule of Allotment for Districts where MCC is in force and Zonal/ Multi Zonal cadres will be communicated separately.
TS Employees Allotment Guidelines
Presidential Order 2018: Allotment of Employees to New Local Cadres Guidelines:
New Local Cadres under PO 2018: (1). Government have issued orders approving the schemes for organization of local cadres in all Departments in accordance with the provisions of the Presidential Order 2018. In pursuance of the said orders, all the Departments have fixed the cadre strength of each district, zonal and multi-zonal cadre.
Allocable Working Strength in New Local Cadres: (2). All the Departments, having due regard to the administrative needs of the posts in the local cadres, allocated the working strength to each new local cadre in the same proportion as the sanctioned posts are distributed among the new district/ zonal/ multi-zonal cadres, for the purpose of allotment of persons to the new local cadres. This has been done to prevent skewed distribution and ensure fair & balanced distribution of the working personnel among the new local cadres.
Preparation of List of Employees: (3). All Heads of the Departments shall prepare the list of all the employees as per seniority in each of the erstwhile local cadres, to allot them among the new local cadres, including those who are on leave, under suspension, undergoing training, on deputation, on foreign service, so as to ensure that no employee is left un-allotted to a new local cadre.
4. The personnel who are on leave/ under suspension/ undergoing training/ deputation/ foreign service, subsequent to their allotment to the new local cadres, shall be deemed to have reported in the new local cadre and their leave/ suspension/ training/ deputation would continue in the new local cadre.
Allotment to New Local Cadres: (5). The employees of the erstwhile local cadres shall be considered for allotment to the new local cadres organized under PO-2018, after obtaining their preferences.
District Cadre Posts: (6). Subject to the allocable working strength that has been fixed for new district cadres as per administrative requirements, all the posts in an erstwhile district cadre, wherever they are located, shall be taken into consideration for the purpose of allotment of that erstwhile district cadre employees.
7. Eight new districts, namely, Hanumakonda, Jayashankar- Bhupalapalli, Mahabubabad, Mulugu, Siddipet, Mahabubnagar, Vikarabad and Rangareddy have been formed drawing areas from more than one erstwhile district.
8. Hence, persons holding posts in the erstwhile district cadres of Karimnagar, Warangal, Khammam, Nalgonda, Mahabubnagar and Rangareddy, shall be considered for allotment, not only to the local cadres of the new districts which have been formed entirely out of the area of the erstwhile district, but also to the local cadres of neighbouring new districts, wherein certain areas of the erstwhile district are included, to the extent of posts located in such areas.
9. The statement showing each of the erstwhile districts and the corresponding new districts (full and part) for the purpose of allotment of persons holdings posts in erstwhile district cadres to the new district cadres, is in Annexure-I to these guidelines.
Zonal Cadre Posts: (10). Subject to the allocable working strength that has been fixed for new zonal or multi-zonal cadres, as the case may be, as per administrative requirements, all the posts in an erstwhile zonal cadre, wherever they are located, shall be taken into consideration for the purpose of allotment of that erstwhile zonal cadre employees.
11. Erstwhile Zone-V cadre employees shall be considered for allotment to Zones I to IV under the new PO (excluding the posts located in Nizamabad, Kamareddy, Medak and erstwhile Medak district area of Siddipet) and to Zone-V, to the extent such posts are located in Jangaon district.
12. Erstwhile Zone-VI cadre employees shall be considered for allotment to Zones V to VII under the new PO (excluding the posts located in Jangaon district) and to Zone-II, to the extent such posts are located in Nizamabad district and Zone-III, to the extent such posts are located in Kamareddy, Medak and erstwhile Medak district area of Siddipet.
Multi Zonal Cadre Posts: (13). Erstwhile Zone-V cadre employees shall be considered for allotment to Multi- Zone – I (excluding the posts located in Nizamabad, Kamareddy, Medak and erstwhile Medak district area of Siddipet) and to Multi-Zone-II, to the extent of such posts located in Jangaon district.
14. Erstwhile Zone-VI cadre employees shall be considered for allotment to Multi- Zone-II (excluding the posts located in Jangaon district) and to Multi-Zone-I, to the extent of such posts located in Nizamabad, Kamareddy, Medak and erstwhile Medak district area of Siddipet.
15. Erstwhile multi-zone cadre employees and the employees holding posts to which PO-1975 was not applicable but which are made multi- zonal cadre posts underPO-2018shallbeconsideredforallotmentto either of the two multi-zones.
16. The statement showing the erstwhile Zones and the corresponding new Zones and Multi Zones for the purpose of allotment of persons holding posts in the erstwhile Zonal cadres to new Zonal and Multi Zonal cadres, is in Annexure-II to these guidelines.
Preferences: (17). The particulars of the allocable working strength in the new local cadres will be displayed for information of the employees.
18. Persons holding posts belonging to the erstwhile district, zonal and multi-zonal cadres, shall indicate their preferences for allotment to the new district, zonal and multi-zonal cadres, in the Form made available to them and submit the same to the district office of the department concerned (District cadre), Head of Department (Zonal cadre) or Secretary to Government (Multi zonal cadre), within such time as may be notified by the Government.
19. Employees shall indicate their preferences, together with the order of such preferences, for all the new local cadres to which they are entitled to be considered for allotment, failing which the competent authority shall do the allotment as per guidelines.
Allotment: (20). The Allotment Committees concerned shall scrutinize the preferences submitted by the employees and prepare the allotment list in respect of each local cadre, keeping in view the provisions of Paragraph 4 of the PO-2018 and in case, more preferences are received than the number of posts available, the allotment shall be made basing on seniority.
21. As far as practicable, SC, ST employees will be allotted to district/zonal/multizonal cadres in same proportion as the allocable working strength that has been distributed among the new district/zonal/multi-zonal cadres.
22. Subject to administrative needs and ensuring balanced composition of local cadres, preferences given by the following special categories of employees may be accommodated as far as practicable, regardless of seniority, on submission/uploading of the required documentary evidence in support of their claim –
- Employees with disability of 70% or more as certified by a competent authority as per Persons with Disabilities (P.W.D) (Equal opportunities, protection of rights and full participation) Act, 1995.
- Employees having mentally retarded children to a place where medical facilities are available.
- Widows appointed under the compassionate appointment scheme.
- Medical grounds for the following diseases in the below given order of priority:
- a. Cancer
- b. Neurosurgery
- c. Kidney Transplantation
- d. Liver Transplantation
- e. Open Heart Surgery
23. After allotment, if the spouses working under State Government, Local Bodies and State Government Institutions are allotted to different cadres, an option will be provided to apply for change of cadre. Subject to administrative needs and availability of vacancies, and, as far as practicable, spouses will be accommodated in one local cadre.
24. Allotment Committees will invite a Member from TGOs, TNGOs and other employee associations recognized by the Government of Telangana at the time of allotment.
25. The Allotment Committees will be provided suitable access to the IFMIS portal to facilitate the process of allotment and issue of allotment orders.
26. The Special C.S./Prl. Secretary/Secretary to the Government, the Head of the Department or the Appointing Authority, as the case may be, shall issue orders of allotment to the new local cadres in respect of multi-zonal, zonal and district cadres respectively, as per the allotment lists approved by the Allotment Committees.
Representations on Allotment Orders: (27). Any employee aggrieved by an allotment to a local cadre may submit a representation to the Secretary to the Government of the concerned Department. The Government may, on receipt of such representation, duly consider and dispose of the same as deemed fit.
Relaxation: (28). In exceptional circumstances, in the interests of the administrative needs and exigencies and in cases of undue hardship, Government may allot an employee to any of the local cadres in relaxation of the above guidelines.
- Annexure I: Details of new Districts to which the erstwhile District cadre employees are eligible for allotment.
- Annexure II: Details of new Multi Zones and new Zones to which the erstwhile Zonal cadre employees are eligible for allotment.
- Annexure III: Government of Telangana – Employee Preference Form for allotment to new local cadres under Telangana Public Employment (Organisation of Local Cadres and Regulation of Direct Recruitment) Order, 2018.
The major challenge before the government would be to finalise the allotment of the posts to the employees in the new districts. For instance, if an employee, who belongs to Rangareddy district and working in Warangal, requests the government to post him in his native district as the zonal system provides 95 per cent employment to the locals may find it difficult to get the posting as the person who is already working in that position in RR district may not be willing to vacate.
If the government transfers him, he may go to court challenging the government order. This could lead to more of litigation. He feels that the government had taken a wrong decision to reshuffle and redistribute more than 2.50 lakh employees under the new zonal system. The employees wonder why the government was restructuring all the employees who have been selected under the old zonal system.
The unions expected that the government would introduce the new zonal system only for the new employees and the available excess staff will be distributed in the newly formed 23 districts. The other challenge before the government is the reshuffling of the officials selected in the district cadre. More than 1.50 lakh employees are working in the district cadre posts. After the reorganisation of the districts, it will not be possible to accommodate all of them in their native district where the cadre strength is low and the workforce is high.
For instance, most of the employees in the old Warangal district have been selected from Warangal and Hanamkonda districts which have been created as new districts in 2016. Now, it is impossible to shift them to their native districts in view of the low number of posts under the new zonal system.