4 Year B.Sc Forestry Degree Course in Telangana State Forest Academy, Medak District. TS Forest College and Research Institute (TSFCRI) established as per the GO.MS.No.15, Dated: 26/04/2016.
TSFCRI is an Emerging as a World Class Institution for Forestry Education, Research, Management and Outreach.
TSFCRI Mission is To establish a world class institution in forestry education. To bring out the qualified forestry professionals for conservation and sustainable management of forest resources.
To develop appropriate methods through research for propagation of the plantation crops to meet the demand from industry and domestic needs. Extension training to the farmers. Networking and partnership with similar institutions to synergise learning.
To develop Agro forestry models suitable for different agro-ecological situations in Telangana State, apart from conventional forestry operations so as to reduce pressure on natural stands, economic upliftment of farming communities and to enhance ecological conditions.
About: Professional Forestry Education for the First Time in Telangana State. FCRI Hyderabad, the brain child of our visionary CM, is established in the year 2016. Located at Forest Research Centre Mulugu in Siddipet district, about 50 km from the city of Hyderabad, FCRI provides world class facilities and opportunities to its students.
At present, FCRI has 200 students pursuing B.Sc. (Forestry) course, which is a 4 year residential course and the first batch will graduate in April, 2020. In June 2020, FCRI Hyderabad recieved ICFRE accreditation with A+ grade just within a span of 4 years since inception.
The B.Sc.(Forestry) Admissions would be done on basis of TS EAMCET ranks. The annual fee is Rs.25000/- and the students are getting scholarship reimbursement from Social Welfare Department.
The Admissions for 2018, 2019 were done on the basis of TS-EAMCET Ranks only as per the Government G.O.Ms.No.5 HIGHER EDUCATION (TE) Department, Dated: 23-02-2018.
- Intake of students: 50
- Hostel facility: Compulsorily residential Program.
- Statutory Reservations will be followed for Admissions.
- Dress code: Light blue shirt and Dark Blue trouser for boys and Light blue Kameez and Dark Blue Salwar & Dupatta for girls.
GO Details: Govt of Telangana, Environment, Forests, Science and Technology Department, Establishment of Forest College and Research Institute (FCRI) in Medak district and allocation of required Budget of Rs.20.00 Crores towards Recurring and Non-recurring Expenditure for the year 2016-17 -Administrative Sanction – Accorded – Orders – Issued.
1.From the Chief Conservator of Forests/CF, Wildlife Management Circle & Person Incharge, Forest College & Research Institute, Mulugu, Rc.No.217/2016/W2, Dt.07.04.2016.
2.From the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (HoFF), Telangana State, Hyderabad, Ref.No.20653/2015/Res., dt:19.04.2016.
In the letters read above, the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests (HoFF), Telangana State, Hyderabad has stated that he has proposed to start B.Sc. (Forestry) 4 year Degree programme from 2016-17 Academic year from Telangana State Academy Dulapally, as infrastructure and other facilities are available there.
He has further stated that the financial requirement under recurring and non-recurring heads to the tune of Rs.40.00Crores is proposed to built about 2.250 lakh sq.ft of area which covers both infrastructure work and expenditure towards salaries and other administrative expenditure.
2. Government after careful examination of the proposal of the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, Telangana State, Hyderabad, hereby accord administrative sanction for an amount of Rs.20.00crores for Forest College and Research Institute (FCRI), Mulugu for the year 2016-17 as detailed below to meet the expenditure towards Administrative block, Student Residential block, Staff Residential blocks, Sports complex, in house laboratory facilities, field laboratory facilities, salaries and other administrative expenditure.
Administrative Sanctioned to TSFCRI
G.O.RT.No. 50 Dated: 29/04/2016: Govt of Telangana, Environment, Forests, Science and Technology Department, Establishment of Forest College and Research Institute (FCRI) at Mulugu, Medak District – Preparation of Master plan and entrusting execution of work of construction of Buildings and other infrastructure to Telangana State Police Housing Corpn. Limited – Orders – Issued.
(1) G.O.Ms.No.51, EFS&T (For.I) Dept., dt. 09.10.2015.
(2) From the PCCF, TS., Hyd., Lr.No.3044 /2015/Res, Dt:16-2-2016 and 10.3.2016.
In the G.O.1st read above, orders were issued establishing the Telangana State Forest College and Research Institute (FCRI) at Mulugu, Medak District, duly allocating Rs. 45.79 crores towards the capital expenditure and Rs. 6.82 towards recurring expenditure.
2. In the letter 2nd read above, the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, Telangana State, Hyderabad has informed that for infrastructure like Administrative blocks, Conference room, Faculty rooms, Examination cell, Reception hall, Lecture rooms, Library, Hostel, Canteen, Auditorium, Guest House etc., 4.66 acres of area is required.
3. He has proposed that Telangana State Police Housing Corporation Limited, Hyderabad, which is a State Level Public Sector Undertaking fully owned by Government of Telangana be entrusted developing the Conceptual Master Plan and works execution.
The Managing Director, Telangana State Police Housing Corporation Limited has also expressed their willingness to execute the works of FCRI at Mulugu, Medak District as per the usual procedure adopted in executing other Government department works such as Police, Fire Services and Jails department etc…
4. Government after careful consideration, hereby accord permission to the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, Telangana State, Hyderabad to entrust Preparation of Master plan and execution of work of construction of Buildings and other infrastructure of Forest College and Research Institute (FCRI) at Mulugu, to Telangana State Police Housing Corporation Limited, Hyderabad, as per the terms and conditions being followed by the Corporation for other Government departments.
5. The Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, Telangana State, Hyderabad shall take necessary further action, accordingly.
*Disclaimer: We have published the above information for reference Purpose only, For any changes on the content we refer to visit the Official website to get the latest & Official details