How to Apply for AP NMMS Exam 2020: Government of Andhra Pradesh, Director of Government Examinations, Andhra Pradesh:: Hyderabad has sent instructions on NMMS to all the Head Masters of all Government /Zilla Parishad/ Municipal/Private Aided Schools, Model schools which have no residential facility in the State
NMMS, November 2020 – Conduct of examination on 03-11- 2020 Instructions and guidelines to prepare the Nominal Rolls -Instructions and Guidelines to filling up of NMMS Exam Online Application Form and HM Instructions-the National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMS) Examination will be conducted on 04.11. 2020 along with the NTS State level examination from 10.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M. Application forms, Nominal Rolls, Head Master Instructions and due dates are available here and also downloaded from here.
Under this scheme, the students studying VIII Class during the year 2020-19 and VII Class Pass out for the year 2020-19 are eligible to write the Examination.
The scholarship will be awarded to the selected students from class IX and continues till class XII @ Rs.6000/- per annum if the candidate satisfies the eligibility rules of MHRD.
The main objectives of the NMMS Scheme are:
1) To award meritorious students who are studying in High Schools under
Government/ Zilla Parishad/ Municipal /Private Aided. Model schools which have no residential facility and whose parental annual income is below Rs.1.50.000/-.
2) To arrest dropouts at Class VIII and to encourage those students to continue their studies till class XII. ( The beneficiaries who study other than class XI i.e. diploma/technical courses etc./ who study class XI & XII in private collages after completion of class 10th who got less percentage of marks will forego the continuation of scholarships)
Synoptically the method adopted by the Government to implement the scheme is as follows:
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of performance in examination to be held on 04-11- 2020 from 10.00 A.M. to 1.00 P.M. in all revenue divisions in the state.
State reservation norms will be implemented for the award of scholarships in each district (a caste certificate from Mandal Revenue Officer has to be submitted by the candidate as proof in Original).
c) Eligibility: a candidate who
i) scored at least 55% of marks in class VII examination and has been promoted to Class VIII for the academic session 2020-19. In respect of SC/ST candidates, they should have secured at least 50% or equivalent grade i.e It grade for all categories.
ii) is studying in Government /Zilla Parishad/ Municipal/private aided High
School. Model schools which have no residential facility is only eligible to write the examination.
iii) whose parental annual income is below Rs.1,50,000/- from all sources is eligible to appear for the examination (an Income certificate from Mandal Revenue Officer has to be submitted as proof In original). In the case of Government, employee salary certificate will be enough as a proof of income issued by the employer.
e) Merit List:
A merit list of candidates will be prepared for each district separately. The minimum qualifying marks for each paper will be 40% for General. 35% for BC category and 25% for SC/ST / Physically disabled to be eligible for award of scholarship.
d) Details of Application Form:
Proper care shall be taken while accepting the application from the candidate. See that all columns have been filed by the candidate properly.
|1,2&3||Confine the candidate and father’s name to 25 characters only. Spaces have to be given between initials and surname. These particulars shall be recorded as per the Admission Register of the school.|
|4,5&6||Date of birth, gender, and area of the candidate shall be recorded in tune to the particulars of him/her in the Admission Register of the School.|
|7||The community of the candidate shall be recorded as per the certificate given by the Mandal Revenue Officer.|
|8||The disability status of the candidate shall be recorded as per the certificate given by the Govt. Civil Surgeon/Medical board of the district.|
|9,10&11||Shall be filled properly. Filling of pin code number is mandatory|
|12&13||See the dcfmitions overleaf while filling the column.|
|14||The examination will be conducted in Telugu/English/Hindi/Urdu Mediums. Proper code has to be recorded in the box provided.|
|15,16,17,18&19||See the definitions overleaf while filling the column.|
|20||Furnish Aadhaar Number of a candidate if available; otherwise, furnish Enrollment number including date and time with seconds. It is compulsory for D.B.T Districts.|
|21||Telephone! The mobile number of the parent has to be recorded.|
|22||A number of subjects/ total marks / % of marks filled by the candidate shall be verified as per the school records.|
|23&24||The application without the signature of the candidate is liable for rejection.|
|.||A certificate format is given at the bottom part in the first page of the application form which has to be certified by the Head Master concerned. The Head Master should satisfy with the documents produced by the candidate before certifying it. He will be held responsible for any lapses in future.|
g) Examination Fee:
1. For General & Backward Caste Students: Rs.100/-
2. For Scheduled Caste, Scheduled tribe & PH Students: Rs.50/- Examination fee has to be remitted through Demand Draft in favour of “DIRECTOR OF GOVT. EXAMS., ANDHRA PRADESH, HYDERABAD” in State Bank of India or State Bank of Hyderabad only. The Headmaster can collect the fee from all the students of his school (those who desire to appear) and obtain consolidated DD from the bank, but in such cases, a list of the candidates with caste and amount is to be enclosed along with the Nominal Rolls.
h) How to Apply:
The completed application forms. Demand Drafts and a copy of Manuscript Nominal Roll along with soft copy duly signed by the Head Master/ Principal of the School should be submitted to the District Educational Officer concerned. 4 sets of Nominal Rolls have to be prepared by the Headmaster. One set of Nominal Roll has to be kept with the Headmaster for office purpose and 3 sets of Nominal Rolls along with the Application, Caste Certificate, Income Certificate, VII Class Memo of Marks and Demand Draft should be handed over to the DEO concerned.
Instructions to HM:
The following measures have to be taken by the Headmaster while accepting and forwarding the applications of your students to the District Educational Officers concerned. 1. Application forms, Nominal Rolls, Headmaster Instructions and due dates may be downloaded from the web site “www.bseap.org.
2. You may use the Xerox copies of applications and nominal rolls if required more. Please give application forms to the OC, BC students who secured 55% marks and to SC/ST/PH students who secured 50% marks or equivalent grade i.e., B+ for all categories in VII class during 2014-15.
Guide the students to fill the application forms by them.
3. Check and satisfy the eligibility conditions of the candidate while accepting the application forms from them and before submitting the applications to the District Educational Officer Concerned.
4. The caste, percentage of marks in class VII & parental annual income of the candidate have to be thoroughly checked.
5. The certification with regard to the percentage of marks in class VII has to be given by you.
6. The caste& parental annual income certificate has to be obtained from the Mandal Revenue Officer concerned or any officer/authority authorized by the Government in G.O. to issue the certificates and PH certificates issued by District Medical Board(candidates having less than 40% disability are not eligible for PH reservation). Attested copies of certificates shall be enclosed to the Application & Nominal Rolls.
7. Candidates should furnish either Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Enrollment Number in the application form. It is compulsory for 04 D.B.T Districts i.e. Rangareddy, Hyderabad, Adilabad and Nalgonda 8. In view of the above, you are requested to forward a maximum number of students to appear in the NMMS Exams. Please remember that the NTS Written Test for X class studying students and NMMS Written Test for VIII class studying students will be conducted on the same day and the same timings.
Conduct of NMMS Examination on 03-11- 2020
Last date to Apply is 10-10- 2020