MANAK INSPIRE Awards Scheme Online nominations submissions, One-time registrations has been opened at Online E-MIAS System for INSPIRE Award Scheme, INSPIRE Award Scheme web portal: www.inspireawards-dst.gov.in.
Latest Update: Nominations of ideas and innovations by school students for INSPIRE Awards – MANAK 2020-21. The INSPIRE Awards – MANAK is looking for Science and Technology based ideas and innovations from millions of school students (class 6th to 10th) across the country. The last date to submit is 15-10-2021.
Opening of online system for nominations under revamped INSPIRE Award Scheme: As you are aware, the INSPIRE Award Scheme is being revamped under the name INSPIRE AWARDS-MANAK. (A million Minds Augmenting National Aspiration and Knowledge) to align it with an action plan for the “Startup India” initiative launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
Regional workshops have been held by the Department of Science & Technology, in coordination with the National Innovation Foundation, to sensitize all stakeholders regarding its implementation. Broad details of the revamped scheme details provided here.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE DIRECTOR, STATE COUNCIL OF EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH AND TRAINING, TELANGANA STATE, HYDERABAD. Rc.No.623 Dated: 19-07-2021
Subject: SCERT, TS, Hyderabad – Implementation of INSPIRE AWARDS – MANAK – Opening of online nominations for the year 2021-22 under INSPIRE Awards – MANAK Scheme – Reg.
The attention of the District Educational Officers in the State is invited to the subject cited, online nominations through E-Management of INSPIRE Awards Scheme (E-MIAS) system is open to all the schools till 15-10-2021.
The registered schools under the INSPIRE Awards- MANAK Scheme, can nominate 5 best ideas from their schools through online mode in E-Management of INSPIRE Award Scheme (E-M1AS) web portal of the Department using the link www.inspireawards-dst.gov.in.
Submission of project synopsis (in word or PDF format) has now being made mandatory along with submission of online nominations.
Therefore all the DEOs in the state are once again instructed to give instructions to all the school heads of different managements under your jurisdiction to do nominations through online for the year 2020-21 and give wide publicity through print and electronic media.
The DEOs are requested to conduct e-meetings to MEOs, Head masters of all managements with Science teachers at mandal level and district level in order to improve the quality of ideas/ innovations of INSPIRE Projects.
Further it is instructed to create INSPIRE WhatsApp groups at mandal and district level with Science teachers to monitor the nominations of INSPIRE Awards and for communication. Ensure that no Upper Primary and Secondary level school is left out without nomination of INSPIRE Award Scheme for the year 2021-22. – Director, SCERT
For this, online nominations through E-Management of INSPIRE Award Scheme (E-MIAS) system would become open to all the schools. Concerned State Nodal Officers may kindly be directed to appraise the school suitably so that they can nominate their students.
The nominations for the annual INSPIRE Awards – MANAK 2021-22 are now open and we urge you to sensitize the students in your school and mobilize nominations in large numbers.
This is an ideal time for organizing idea competition amongst students of class 6th to 10th and age between 10 – 15 years, such that they get suitable time to think and deliver the most innovative idea to you.
This year DST has facilitated a submission of a maximum of five ideas or innovations per school through the online portal (www.inspireawards-dst.gov.in) till 15-10-2021 such that no meritorious idea gets ignored. DST request you to please do not wait till last date.
DST appreciate the efforts being taken by teachers and school in maintaining continuity in disseminating education amongst students during the pandemic crisis in the country. A continued focus on innovations by school students is equally important, mainly because Science and Technology based ideas and innovations can play a major role in getting people out of this crisis and make country self-reliant (Aatm Nirbhar).
Therefore, DST should make the best use of this time by developing an inclination amongst our students towards innovative thinking and attempt to maximize ideas generation from them!
The Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) scheme is one of the flagship programme of Department of Science & Technology (DST), Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
INSPIRE Awards – MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspirations and Knowledge), is being executed by DST with National Innovation Foundation – India (NIF), an autonomous body of DST, which aims to motivate students to become future innovators and critical thinkers.
A comprehensive booklet covering all aspects of the awards can be downloaded by clicking here. Please visit www.inspireawards-dst.gov.in or email us – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inspire is a National level programme to strengthen the roots of our traditional and technological development. The major aims of Innovations in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) programme are…
- Attract intelligent students towards sciences
- Identifying intelligent students and encourage them to study science from an early age
- Develop complex human resources to promote scientific, technological development and research
Inspire is a competitive examination. It is an innovative programme to make the younger generation learn science interestingly. In 11th five year plan nearly Ten Lakhs of students were selected during 12th five-year plan (2012-17) Twenty Lakhs of students will be selected under this programme.
Two students from each high school (One student from 6 – 8 classes and one from 9 – 10 classes) and one student from each upper primary school are selected for this award.
Each selected student is awarded with Rs. 10,000/-. One should utilize 50% of the amount for making project or model remaining for display at district level Inspire programme. Selected students will be sent to State level as well as the National level. Participate in the Inspire programme – Develop our country.
Inspire Awards MANAK Nominations:
INSPIRE AWARDS – MANAK, – Online Nominations of all management Schools. The attention of the all the Headmasters, MEOs in the district is invited to the reference cited. The Department of Science & Technology, Government of India has revamped the INSPIRE AWARD scheme under the name of INSPIRE AWARDS – MANAK to align it with the action plan for “Startup India” initiative launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister of India.
Regional workshops have been held by the Department of Science & Technology, in coordination with the National Innovation Foundation (NIF) to sensitize all stakeholders regarding its implementation. NIF will also coordinate with NITs, IITs and IISERs for support.
Online Nominations through E-MIAS system through website www.inspireawards-dst.gov.in opened. Submission of project synopsis (write-up) in word pdf format has now being made mandatory. The Theme of the project should be creative, innovative to meet the norms of the aim of the INSPIRE AWARDS scheme.
Hence, the Headmasters and MEOs are requested to bestow their attention to motivate the Science /Maths Teachers of all managements i.e. Govt/ZP/Residential Schools/KGBVs/Model Schools/Private/Aided schools for 100% registrations and nominations with out fail. For details contact your District DSOs. ——
It may kindly be also noted that submission of project synopsis (in word or pdf format) has now been made mandatory along with submission of online nominations. Therefore, registration of all unregistered schools at E-MIAS website (www.inspireawards-dst.gov.in) may also be got expedited so that they too can avail benefit of the scheme.
INSPIRE AWARDS-MANAK(Million Minds Augmenting National Aspiration and Knowledge): The INSPIRE Awards Programme has been renamed to INSPIRE AWARDS – MANAK. The programme shall target school kids with an outreach to 10 lakh innovations (2-3 best ideas from each school) from 5 lakh schools across the country.
The programme shall cover students in the age group of 10-15 years and studying in classes 6-10 of all recognized schools, whether Government or private aided or unaided, run by Central Govt., State Govt. or local bodies viz. District Boards, etc.
1) The nominations from schools will be received through District & State Authorities on existing E-MIAS CE-Management of INSPIRE Award Scheme) portal at National Authority i.e. Department of Science & Technology (DST). A synopsis of the Project that the student would prepare will be annexed with the nomination proposal.
The selection criteria adopted would be based on the innovation / creativeness / novelty of the Project that the student proposes to undertake as given in the Project synopsis submitted. A window on E-MIAS platform will be given to National Innovation Foundation (NIF) to receive and shortlist nominations.
2) NIF will shortlist top 1 lakh projects for an INSPIRE Award of Rs.5,000/- per student and participation at District Level Competition. The INSPIRE Award of Rs. 5000/- would be transferred to the bank account of the student through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
3) District Level Exhibition & Project Competition (DLEPC): The DLEPC will be held at the District level which will be organized by the District/State Authorities. NIF will associate as Jury to shortlist 10% (around 10,000) projects. The shortlisted 10% of students will further participate at State level Competition.
4) State Level Exhibition & Project Competition (SLEPC): The SLEPC will be held at State level which will be organized preferably at State Headquarters by the District/State Authorities wherein NIF/DST will associate as Jury members to shortlist 10% (around 1,000) Projects/Models for participation at National Level.
5) Development of Prototype Models: The 10% (1000) Models/Projects shortlisted from the SLEPC will be given Rs. 20,000/- each for development of Prototype Model. NIF will coordinate with NITs, IITs, and IISERs for holding of workshops and impart training to assist the students for development of prototype models. Rs. 20,000/- would be transferred to the bank account of the student through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
6) National Level Exhibition & Project Competition (NLEPC): 1000 Prototype Models/Projects will participate at the Annual National Level Competition to be organized by DST. Jury members from DST, NIF, and TIF AC (for Patent) will associate in the jury process and shortlist the top 60 Models/Projects for National Awards and future ideation.
7) Annual Festival of Innovation: NIF will coordinate for the participation of the selected 60 Models/ Projects at the Annual Festival of innovation in Rashtrapati Bhawan.
8) Product Development: NIF will examine the feasibility of Product/Process development and to link the top 60 ideas with other schemes of DST for which NIF will prepare a separate proposal.
9) Patent: TIF AC will explore the possibility of filing the patents of shortlisted projects/models from the NLEPC.
10) All other guidelines/norms relating to DLEPCs, SLEPCs, and NLEPC, etc. shall remain the same as was in INSPIRE Awards Scheme.
What is the process of idea/innovation submission?
The principal/headmaster of the school will call for submission of ideas in the form of synopsis from the students of the designated classes and age groups. For this purpose, an Idea Competition can also be conducted in Schools.
What is an Idea Competition?
The Idea competition can be organized by assembling students and enabling them to think of an idea/innovation related to:
machine or a gadget, which is not available but the students desires to have such a machine or a gadget
Improvement required in any existing/available machine or gadget, so that it becomes multi-functional, improves efficiency or output, reduces drudgery etc.
An ideato solve a local technological problem, which a student may be seeing everyday around him/her. After the students have thought of idea(s), they may note them down on a piece of paper and submit it to the Principal/Headmaster/Teacher. The submitted ideas may be reviewed at the school level and shortlisted ones submitted for INSPIRE AWARDS-MANAK as per the process described above.
How will the Principal/Headmaster submit the nominations?
All nominations (2-3 most innovative ideas from each school) can be submitted online by the Headmaster/Principal through E-MIAS (E-Management of INSPIRE Award Scheme) portal on www.inspireawards-dst.gov.in. New schools may also register themselves on this portal.
Registration for all eligible school required every year?
No. School should be registered only once on the E-MIAS portal after that they will be able to nominate their students every year.New schools may also register themselves on this portal.
How new school can registered themselves on E-MIAS Portal?
Kindly follow the below mentioned guideline for the new registration.
Go to website – http://www.inspireawards-dst.gov.in.
Click on School Authority and do ONE TIME Registration (http://www.inspireawards-dst.gov.in/UserP/school-registration.aspx?view=vwSearchExistingForm).
After Registration you will get Application Number and when District Authority will approve, you will get User Id and Password.
Now go to School Authority and Login. (http://www.inspireawards-dst.gov.in/UserC/login.aspx?to=1)
SCHOOL Level Students Nomination
After registration, the guiding teacher and the student should prepare the write up indicating the theme of the project/exhibit, aims, and objective of the exhibit, working principle, conceptual framework, functional value. The write up may be shared with other science teachers, subject experts available in neighborhood areas.
The idea is to have wider consultation for grooming the ideas and improving it. The write up may be made DTP in the English language in the word or pdf form and may be uploaded in the website of Inspire awards.
After setting the password go to the home page and to log in to click here
- Click icon forward nomination to DA
- Click on students nomination button
- Then open school dashboard button
- After filling all the information the format press view & edit button if the user wants to edit the particulars of the students.
- After editing click on the forward application.
- Note : students bank details are compulsory for DBT.
- Uploading students photo, Aadhar Number
- Uploading write-up in word or pdf format is mandatory.
- One School can Submit 5 Ideas/ Innovation of Students
- One Student can submit One Idea Only
- Submission of same idea by multiple students of same school will automatically leas to rejection of all entries of that school
- please ensure that the student has their own bank account.
- Did you conducted idea competition in your school while selecting the student’s ideas/innovations. If not to know about organising an idea competition,
- Please keep ready all relevant documents.
- Student Scanned Photograph
- Idea/innovation Synopsis Document
- Instructions for Photo Scanning
- Scan your passport size photograph from printed passport size photo.
- While scanning your photograph do not leave any space around the photo.
- Save them Images as JPG/JPEG/PNG/GIF/BMP files with size should be not more than 2 MB.
- Images should be properly cropped.
- Instructions for uploading Idea/Innovation synopsis document.
- File type should be in PDF/JPG/JPEG and Word format
- File size should be not more than 2 MB.
- fields are marked with (*), which means these field are to be filled in mandatorily
TITLE AND PROJECT SYNOPSIS/BRIFE WRITE-UP
In the title of the project, a suitable title describing the project should be given (for example “A device to climb Areca nut trees”, “An assistive walking aid for the elderly”, etc.) and NOT a broad theme like Agriculture, Swatcha Bharat, Swastha Bharat, Digital India, etc.
In the summary of the project, the following points need to be included – what is the project about, what problem it addresses, and what the advantage is. Please see the example below
Title of the Project: Travelling bag with folding seats
Project Summary: Many a times travellers have to stand while waiting for a bus or train at the bus/train station as the number of seats available are few. The student has developed a travelling bag where a folding seat has been incorporated. This can be unfolded and used for sitting while waiting for the bus/train thereby eliminating the discomfort while standing for long time. It will be especially useful for ladies and elderly.
School to login and nominate student’s ideas/innovations:
- HOME PAGE of INSPIRE Awards
- School Authority Web Page
- School Authority Welcome Web Page
- Nomination Form Web Page
- Bank Account Form Web Page
- Uploading Web Page- Student photograph, Idea/ Innovation Photo and Video
- List of nominated students Web Page
- authorized person Web Page
- Application Status Web Page
- Acknowledgement generate Web Page
Steps to submit INSPIRE Awards Online Nominations of Student’s Ideas and Innovations 2020
- Step 1 – HOME PAGE:
- Open the web page: http://www.inspireawards-dst.gov.in/
- Click on the School Authority tab to login and then School Authority Login web page will appear.
- In this, enter your username and password and Click on Login.
- Step 2 – School Authority Web Page: ‘School Authority Welcome‘ Web Page will appear. There are four main sections in this page
- Students Nomination Section
- Awards Section
- Update Bank Details
- Step 3 – Students Nomination Form: Now, Click ‘Students nomination‘ tab to start the nomination process of students Enter the required details. In case student does not has aadhar number leave it blank. After entering all the required details please click on Nominate Student tab.
- Step 4 -Particulars of the Students: The ‘List of nominated students‘ will appear in red color in this web page and Click + button sign for adding other details like Gender, Date of Birth, contact details, Email, Category, etc in the ‘Particulars of the Students‘ web page
- Now, Click on ‘Broad theme‘ tab, in the drop down menu some theme names available for selection. If the name of your project theme is not available in the list. Then choose others option from the dropdown list. Once you select the others option a text box will appear. please enter the broad theme of your project.
- In the title of the proposed project enter suitable title describing of the project.
- Now please write the write up of the project and Upload the Project Synopsis in defined size and format
- Click on save and Next.
- Step 5 -Bank Account details: then Bank Account details web page will appear. Enter the details of bank account of nominated student and please verify the bank details of student from pass book.
- Now click the save button.
- Step 6 -Uploading: a. Upload student photograph: Please upload student photograph and click on continue to next tab.
- b. Upload Project Synopsis: Select Project Synopsis Language and Upload Project Synopsis and Click on Upload button.
- c. Upload Idea/ Innovation Photo
- d. Upload Idea / Innovation Video
- Click on Save and Continue button
- Step 7. List of nominated students: Then List of nominated students web page will appear. The current row after updation of documents have turned green color. Similarly follow the same process for the next student. All the rows in the application will be green once we have submitted students information. If you find that any row is left red please update the students details by click on + Sign.
- Now click the save and Continue button.
- Step 8. authorized person: Now Enter the details of authorized person and save.
- Step 9. application status: This page will show application status like “Student nomination process has been completed successfully. Forward the application to District Authority (DA) for its approval.
- You can press View and Edit still make changes to student details Otherwise click forward application.
- Step 10.Acknowledgement: Now you can generate Acknowledgement
- Your application has been submitted successfully and its forwarded to DA for approval.
- Nomination Checking: For checking Whether the nomination is approved by DA or not.
- Open the Home Page and click on Search Box.
- Enter your details and you will get the result
- Whether your nomiatioin/application is approve or pending approval by DA or not
For this year: Online nominations through E-Management of INSPIRE Award Scheme (E-MIAS) system would become open to all the schools. Concerned State Nodal Officers may kindly be directed to appraise the school suitably so that they can nominate their students. So, registration of schools and online nominations’ for Inspire awards which commenced at the website.