Model Write-up of the Working Model/Project for Inspire Science Exhibition, Model Synopsis (write-up), INSPIRE Awards- Manak Online nominations, Registrations Guidelines, Action plan, How to Submit School Children Nominations to DST at INSPIRE Award Scheme Website.
How to Register Your School at E-Management of Inspire Award Scheme Website, One time registrations, Online nominations for INSPIRE Award Scheme, INSPIRE AWARDS MANAK (Million Minds Augmenting National Aspiration and Knowledge). Opening of online system for nominations under revamped INSPIRE Award Scheme from December 2016 to 28-2-2017
MODEL WRITE-UP OF THE WORKING MODEL / PROJECT
PRINCIPLE AND WORKING
My exhibit/project ‘CHEMO COOLING FRIDGE’ is based on “ENDOTHERMIC PROCESS”.
The term endothermic process describes a process or reaction in which the system absorbs energy from its surroundings; usually, but not always, in the form of heat. The term was coined by Marcellin Berthelot from the Greek roots endo-, derived from the word “endon” meaning “within” and the root “therm” –meaning “hot”. The intended sense is that of a reaction that depends on absorbing heat if it is to proceed.
Examples: Photosynthesis, sublimation of carbon dioxide, dissolving of ammonium chloride, dissolving of urea, melting of ice, etc.
For my exhibit/project I had chosen ‘dissolving of urea’.
1. Manak INSPIRE: MANAK INSPIRE Awards Scheme Online nominations, One time registrations
2. Manak INSPIRE: One time registrations, Online nominations for INSPIRE Award Scheme
3. Manak INSPIRE: Model Write-up of the Working Model/Project for Inspire Science Exhibition
4. Manak INSPIRE: How to submit School children Online nominations to DST at INSPIRE Award Scheme Website
5. Manak INSPIRE: How to Register your School at E-Management of Inspire Award Scheme Website
6. Manak INSPIRE: INSPIRE Awards- Manak Online nominations, Registrations Guidelines, Action plan
- Take one large metal box and it should be covered with a cotton box from outside.
- The covered cotton box works as an insulator.
- A small hole should be made at the bottom of the large metal box.
- A tube is adjusted in that hole which connects into a tray.
- Keep a small metal box in the large metal box. And it is used for storage of vegetables.
- The area should be poured in between the gap of the boxes.
- Slowly we should sprinkle the water on urea.
- Then the urea dissolves in water which is an endothermic process.
- The temperature of a small metal box and vegetables decreases to 10ºC to 15ºC. So, vegetables can be stored for 2 to 3 days more.
- The dissolved urea solution can be dehydrated under sunlight in the tray. So, we can get urea crystals which can be re-used.